If Rashad fights Rampage?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If Rashad fights Rampage?
« Previous Page
StriderXero
12/29/08 6:36:52AM
Rampage by Axe kick
fullerene
12/29/08 8:26:32AM
It's a very compettive fight and one that might happen in 2009.

They are fairly evenly matched in wrestling, striking and BJJ (or lack thereof). Saying one guy blows the other one away in any of those departments seems way off the mark to me. And, at this point, they've fought similar competition in the UFC, with Rampage having some additional big fights, but also some extra mileage on the odometer, from his Pride days.

If I had to pick, I'd take Evans. I just had a feeling that he was going to be a great fighter and so far he's been heading in that direction. Remember, he wasn't even suppoed to get far in TUF and he ended up winning hte whole season at HW. He's just beat two guys he shouldn't have been able to beat and I still remember a friend of mine who was an assistant wrestling coach at Michigan State telling me that Evans was a guy with a ton of talent who never worked hard enough to be great. It looks like he's found his sport and I think, even though his prior pedigree might not show "world class athleticisim", he is the type of guy who moves sharper, quicker and with as much power as anybody at 205. I think he beats Rampage to the punch and neutralizes any wrestling to win a decision if they fight.
hodge
12/29/08 11:14:00AM
ah man i am so sick of picking against Rashad i still dont like the guy and i think that page would beat him, but i definatly have too think twice nowdays
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/29/08 11:17:18AM
if the fight would happen like next month rashad would take it. If you give page another year or so, then i dont know
slapshot
12/29/08 12:32:49PM

Posted by EliasG

I'm no longer confused at why people don't like Rashad. If he was some random white dude that KO'd Sean Salmon with a viscious leg kick, KO'd repeatedly body slammed Bonnar over and over, KO'd Lambart, Ko'd Lidell, and then KO'd Griffin, he would have fans slobbering over him. Griffin's resume is not that impressive. Beat Bisping, and arguably beat Ortiz in a match where he took measurably less punishment than Griffin did in a similar fight.
JUst to win the TUF he had to beat Mike Whitehead, Keith Jardine, Brad Imes, and Tom Murphy.

Dude is no joke. But he gets hated on more than OJ in MMA by fans. I won't say why but it's the same people posting on message boards about how they hate Barack so put 2 and 2 together.

The whole grab his crotch thing wasn't classy but it was spur of the moment and had Griffin done it the crowd would have gone crazy for him. Classy was both of them after the fight.

Rampage is awesome and hits harder than Rashad but watch Rashad's foot movement. He is in and out, left, right the whole time and maintains idstance. He did that even against someone who had significant reach on him. The latter half of Round 2 and Round 3 Griffin was getting hit more, and the jab was landing with regularlity which was starting to affect Griffin's reaction and balance when he threw. Rampage likes to come straight forward or back, his circling and laterla movement is not as good as Rashads. Probably only Lyota is better. I bet Rashad will maintain distance throw massive leg kicks to nullify Rampage's base for punching, throw counter shots with the left hook and then will use his improved jab to set up some takedowns. :) Rashad is a much better wrestler than Rampage. DI top of the food heap is better than high school and MMA wresting (except for GSP whose MMA wrestling is the best there is).

Get a clue man (most) people dont hate him because he is black, they hate him for his lack of professionalism. He basically acts like a punk and has absolutely no respect for other fighters.

I get tired of seeing the race card pulled when its obvious the guy intentionally dose things to piss people off, Mocking Chuck Liddell with a fake heart attack was one of the only times I got mad at a fighter and then the kiss he blew at Forest wile grabbing his Viana was out of line as well. I take offense to your post insinuating rasism without anything logical to back it.

After all the times hes acted like a poor sportsman if you feel its because he's black that people hate him than thats your opinion but a very weak minded one in my opinion.
I hate Rashad and he is the ONLY fighter in the UFC I can say I truly would be happy to see brake his neck, on the other side of this I love rampage and I hope they make a fight for them ASAP so (hopefully) I can see Jackson tear his head off!
Tank5000
12/29/08 1:31:18PM

Posted by EliasG

I'm no longer confused at why people don't like Rashad. If he was some random white dude that KO'd Sean Salmon with a viscious leg kick, KO'd repeatedly body slammed Bonnar over and over, KO'd Lambart, Ko'd Lidell, and then KO'd Griffin, he would have fans slobbering over him. Griffin's resume is not that impressive. Beat Bisping, and arguably beat Ortiz in a match where he took measurably less punishment than Griffin did in a similar fight.
JUst to win the TUF he had to beat Mike Whitehead, Keith Jardine, Brad Imes, and Tom Murphy.

Dude is no joke. But he gets hated on more than OJ in MMA by fans. I won't say why but it's the same people posting on message boards about how they hate Barack so put 2 and 2 together.

I find Rashad to be arrogant...is that why people dislike Obama?
haha, jk.
Seriously, Rashad is really good but I would love to see Rampage KO him.
EliasG
12/29/08 2:09:23PM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by EliasG

The whole grab his crotch thing wasn't classy but it was spur of the moment and had Griffin done it the crowd would have gone crazy for him. Classy was both of them after the fight.

Rampage is awesome and hits harder than Rashad but watch Rashad's foot movement. He is in and out, left, right the whole time and maintains idstance. He did that even against someone who had significant reach on him. The latter half of Round 2 and Round 3 Griffin was getting hit more, and the jab was landing with regularlity which was starting to affect Griffin's reaction and balance when he threw. Rampage likes to come straight forward or back, his circling and laterla movement is not as good as Rashads. Probably only Lyota is better. I bet Rashad will maintain distance throw massive leg kicks to nullify Rampage's base for punching, throw counter shots with the left hook and then will use his improved jab to set up some takedowns. :) Rashad is a much better wrestler than Rampage. DI top of the food heap is better than high school and MMA wresting (except for GSP whose MMA wrestling is the best there is).

Get a clue man (most) people dont hate him because he is black, they hate him for his lack of professionalism. He basically acts like a punk and has absolutely no respect for other fighters.

I get tired of seeing the race card pulled when its obvious the guy intentionally dose things to piss people off, Mocking Chuck Liddell with a fake heart attack was one of the only times I got mad at a fighter and then the kiss he blew at Forest wile grabbing his Viana was out of line as well. I take offense to your post insinuating rasism without anything logical to back it.

After all the times hes acted like a poor sportsman if you feel its because he's black that people hate him than thats your opinion but a very weak minded one in my opinion.
I hate Rashad and he is the ONLY fighter in the UFC I can say I truly would be happy to see brake his neck, on the other side of this I love rampage and I hope they make a fight for them ASAP so (hopefully) I can see Jackson tear his head off!

He actually is very professional and well spoken before and after fights. The ONLY time he "showboats" is when he is actually in the octagon. I don't have a problem with that. And yes, the race card will get played when I hear "******" being thrown around by fans on the street and at bars. It will get played when I hear guys boo one fighter for his antics and call him a showboat and not care when a white fighter does similar antics or talks trash before/after fights.

And to be honest with you MOST of the people that "hate" on him that refuse to give him his due (which is different than choosing to be a fan) are white. They use words like thug, punk, showboat, showoff, arrogant, etc... Those to me are just code words. Mir wasn't a showboat or a "thug" when he publically called out Lesnar and said he'd break his bones? Hm. Which is worse, heat of the moment showboating saying, "You didn't hurt me" to get in someone's head WHICH IS COMMON where I grew up and maybe not so common where you grew up---or calling someone out and saying you are going to BREAK THEIR BONES? Come on.

That said, you actually want to see a fighter break his neck and you want to talk about "weak minded" ? You want to talk about "professionalism" with Rashad and don't think that Rampage has been unprofessional at any point? I don't think it is hard to find white fans who hate Rashad Evans and invent reasons to hate him and downplay his obvious ability and merit.

I don't "like" Brock Lesnar at all but I respect his ability to wrestle and his ability to take some shots. I respect his strength and athleticism. There is a difference between respect and disrespect. I disliked Hughes for being an arrogant prick but he was a talented champion level arrogant prick. That's what I'm talking about.
higdon10
12/29/08 2:21:12PM

Posted by EliasG

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that race has nothing to do with it. It's insane that you even try to play that card.
telnights
12/29/08 2:58:38PM
I'm so sick of hearing that people don't like Rashad because he isn't white. Now don't get me wrong I'm sure in this crazy world there are few that don't like him for that simple fact but that could be reversed and said they are some people that don't like white fighters because they are white. The truth is most of your fans that don't care for Rashad has nothing to do with race and everything to do with his showboating, attitude, and disrespect before and after fights. After everyone of Rashad's fights he has trashed talked the other fighter in interviews. Maybe not the night of the event but he always ends up trash talking the other fighters after the fact. Now can we please stop turning this in to an issue that is not and avoid from playing the race card. I going to lock this topic because its time is done and nothing more can really be added that wont end up getting people banned.

Now on Rashad's boxing. The only thing that has saved Rashad in a few of his fights is his power, point deductions, and luck. He was getting out boxed in his fight with Forrest and Bisping. He was getting out wrestled in his fight with Ortiz and Salmon. He got out worked in the fight with Hoger. Now Rashad isn't a bad fighter and has looked really good but he isn't Fedor. In fact till he fights someone that really takes it to him like Tito and Salmon did we will never know how good he is. There are many fighters out there I feel can beat Rashad and in fact in a rematch I would still pick Forrest. Not because I dislike Rashad but because Forrest style will give Rashad trouble. To name a few fighters I feel could beat Rashad there is Rampage, Machida, Thiago Silva, Cane, Anderson Silva, Franklin, and Henderson.
Pages: 1 [2]