If Rashad fights Rampage?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If Rashad fights Rampage?
Next Page »
Tank5000
12/28/08 9:48:27AM
What would a fight between Rashad Evans and Quinton Jackson look like?
tomsmith17381
12/28/08 9:49:42AM
hopefully it would end with rampage piledriving evans through the octagon floor
mobmike77
12/28/08 9:55:26AM
If "Sucka" Rashad and Rampage fight I think Rashad could possibly be brutalized but he has a punchers chance if he can get around Rampages boxing defense.
mentalcase
12/28/08 10:16:58AM
it would look like two Afro-Americans guys fighting each other
bls1919
12/28/08 10:34:12AM
Wow, i cant believe all three underdogs won last night. But a fight between Evans and Page would be great. Both good wrestlers and both have great hands. Would end up with one of them sucking dust off the octagon floor.
dannyfrank
12/28/08 11:46:53AM
i can honestly say that i have no f*cking idea after watching last nights fights
Twenty20Dollars
12/28/08 11:51:03AM
black on black violence we cant allow that.

I think it would be a very very good fight. Rashad's chin will most likely get tested. Both good in wrestling, I say they cancel each other in submission. The stand up will be interesting. Rampage's power versus' Rashad's speed power.

Rashad needs to use legs kicks like forrest did. I would see a war in that fight. I hope it happens now.

Unless thiago silva beats machida, I'd like to see Thiago get the title shot.
cowcatcher
12/28/08 11:56:37AM
god i hate saying this, but the more i see rashad fight the more i think he can beat everyone at 205, ill pick him.....

i just have to say that the excessive head movement and goofy antics of rashad are as annoying as anything ive seen in mma, but you cannot argue that it doesnt make him harder to land clean on. he is going to be a load for anyone because hes as fast and strong as anyone at 205.....i hope to god shogun is back to where he once was, he is the guy that can beat rashad if hes right.
higdon10
12/28/08 12:07:29PM
Rashad just wins fights. I am finished picking against him.
SpiderSilva
12/28/08 12:24:17PM
before the fight I said if Rashad wins Im jumping on the bandwagon but after I still don't care for him and I will stay on the haterwagon but after watching Forrest move in andout vs Rashad made me think Manchita might have the perfect style to beat him oh and so does Tito because I recall that tie coming do to Tito grabing the cage/Tito's bad back so Dana bring back Tito to beat Rashad man can you imagine all the boo's that would come if these two ever went at it again anyway if Page gets the next shot he can do it
NinjaCyborg
12/28/08 1:00:24PM
Did everyone see when Rashad grabbed his nuts and blew a kiss at Forrest? I believe it was in the second round. I thought it was hilarious.
imanidiot777
12/28/08 1:09:34PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

Did everyone see when Rashad grabbed his nuts and blew a kiss at Forrest? I believe it was in the second round. I thought it was hilarious.

I wanted to fly to Vegas and hit him with a crowbar when I saw that. I was praying that Forrest would pick him up and throw him out of the octagon.

I will pick Rampage guaranteed.
nickcuc547
12/28/08 1:13:06PM
awesome, two dynamic talented strikers with great wrestling bases, this fight needs to happen, I don't care how many fights in a row machida has won.
ncordless
12/28/08 1:14:16PM
This is the fight I want to see for the title. Rampage could've easily gotten an immediate rematch with Forrest, and I still have him ahead of Machida.

This would be a great fight with both fighters have a decent shot at winning. I would probably take Rampage due to his cleaner boxing.

This would also be the first time two blacks fought for the title... and I believe that it could be significant to the growth of the sport. MMA hasn't completely caught on yet in the african american community and this could help that. Judging by the sports world at large, it is safe to say that if a sport doesn't have a significant number of blacks participating then it does not have the best athletes it could.
RearNakedJoke
12/28/08 1:17:48PM

before the fight I said if Rashad wins Im jumping on the bandwagon but after I still don't care for him and I will stay on the haterwagon but after watching Forrest move in andout vs Rashad made me think Manchita might have the perfect style to beat him oh and so does Tito because I recall that tie coming do to Tito grabing the cage/Tito's bad back so Dana bring back Tito to beat Rashad man can you imagine all the boo's that would come if these two ever went at it again anyway if Page gets the next shot he can do it

Tito grabbed the cage more than one time and they all stopped take downs. the one he lost a point on, if i remember correctly, Rashad had him off the ground. had Tito not grabbed the cage it would have meant take-downs or maybe a slam for evans and more than 1 point in the judges eyes.

losing 1 point didnt cost tito the fight, grabbing the cage saved him from losing that fight.
gsquat
12/28/08 2:00:07PM
Rashad would win quite convincingly. Though all of you would never give him a chance no matter how many times he wins, who he beats, and in what fashion. It's interesting watching people trying to find excuses for why Rashad won again. But back to the topic...Rashad would win by going to back to his wrestling with Rampage. Quinton's ground game is nothing to be feared and he'd eventually get ko'd by one of the best ground and pounders in MMA.
Aether
12/28/08 3:21:39PM
At this point I think Rampage and Machida are the only ones who have a good chance to beat Rashad. Forrest has all of the tools to do it, but he just throws too wild and over commits to his attacks. Until he gets a bit more technical (especially in his defense) I see Rashad doing the same thing to him in a 5 round fight every time.

Rampage has some of the best technical boxing if not THE best in the division so I think if he was able to stuff Rashad's takedowns Rashad would have a tough time in this fight. The question is which version of Rampage would show up, because he seems to psych himself out in big fights pretty often, and if Rashad was able to take it to the ground Rampage would more than likely get controlled.

I do hate Rashad quite a bit but I also don't let my feelings impact a logical analysis of people's abilities. Rashad has to be a favourite against pretty much everyone in the division at this point. It would be interesting to see how he would deal with Machida's elusive style, but I think Rampage has the best chance of anyone to dethrone him. I also think he's probably most deserving of a title shot at this point. Had he not had that little incident I think he probably would've gotten an immediate rematch.
SociopathX
12/28/08 4:47:14PM
rashad is no good. rampage would own him.

altho Rashad is pretty lucky ill give him that.
RhythmAndStyle
12/28/08 5:15:43PM
it would be black on black crime..but serious..it would be a scrappy match..with Rampage gettin the win via tko in the 2nd or 3rd round...
imanidiot777
12/28/08 6:35:31PM

Posted by gsquat

Rashad would win quite convincingly. Though all of you would never give him a chance no matter how many times he wins, who he beats, and in what fashion. It's interesting watching people trying to find excuses for why Rashad won again. But back to the topic...Rashad would win by going to back to his wrestling with Rampage. Quinton's ground game is nothing to be feared and he'd eventually get ko'd by one of the best ground and pounders in MMA.

Somehow we need to get Anderson Silva into a LHW title fight ASAP. Well I need to anyways.
dannyfrank
12/28/08 6:42:23PM

Posted by SociopathX

rashad is no good. rampage would own him.

altho Rashad is pretty lucky ill give him that.

ok, i understand if you dont like him, but saying that him going 13-0 from luck is one of the most ignorant things i have ever read
Tank5000
12/28/08 7:44:36PM
I have to say that for some reason, despite all his wins and KOs, I was suprised to see Rashad beat Griffin; I can't really think of any big match that Rashad has fought in that I wasn't surprised to see him win. He has been very impressive but I just cannot seem to pick him! I guess I'll have to force my hand next time he fights and just pick him no matter what.

Also, I don't know if it's because of Rashad's speed or what, but did Forrest seem a little sluggish in his first title defense? Maybe a little out of shape?

I didn't like Rashad at all but i can't argue with his success.
Nice job Rashad, I'll stop hating you now.
Aaronno9
12/28/08 7:47:21PM

Posted by gsquat

Rashad would win quite convincingly.

lol.
deezyo
12/29/08 12:30:42AM
rashad would take him down and ground and pound.... at will
cmill21
12/29/08 1:19:00AM

Posted by deezyo

rashad would take him down and ground and pound.... at will

Rampage is a good wrestler to, I don't know that is how it will end if they meet. I think he's got to use leg kicks and use his hands speed.
chickmagnet
12/29/08 1:48:29AM
This is an interesting fight to me, they both have big power and solid wrestling.
But I am not going to pick a winner, i dont really like either of them, but I know one of them will get Knocked out which is awesome to me.
prozacnation1978
12/29/08 1:57:56AM
i think rampage would knock him out
MikeyG
12/29/08 4:17:02AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i think rampage would knock him out

if there going to have a battle of chins, which they almost certainly will rampage will win that one hands down, rashad has just started fighting top tier fighters since liddell and he was getting picked apart for two rounds in the forrest fight and the 1st round of the liddell fight before eventually catching them

standup wise rampage's boxing is far ahead of rashad's and obviously his chin is massive, i doubt rashad can keep quinton on his back even if he could get it there and this fight probably goes to the 2nd or 3rd round with rampage getting a knockout
TimW001
12/29/08 5:41:31AM
I'll take Rashad. More movement. He doesn't hit harder. He is a bit quicker. He has more tools, with the kicks. And from what I know, he is more of a decorated wrestler.

slapshot
12/29/08 6:26:47AM

Posted by bls1919

Wow, i cant believe all three underdogs won last night. But a fight between Evans and Page would be great. Both good wrestlers and both have great hands. Would end up with one of them sucking dust off the octagon floor.

I never really saw them as real underdogs....

I think it would be a tough fight and Evens has much more speedy hands, Id give the edge to rampage.
Pages: [1] 2