Rashad Evans won't fight Vitor Belfort

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rashad Evans won't fight Vitor Belfort
prophecy033
8/1/13 7:48:34PM
Former UFC light heavyweight championRashad Evans told ESPN.com on Thursday that he will not fight middleweight contender Vitor Belfort or any other teammate.

Link
GDPofMPG
8/1/13 7:53:17PM
lol.

I give up.

Vitor will never fight again.
frizzzlecake
8/1/13 8:08:16PM
Vitor vs. Cung Le?
sparky
8/1/13 8:10:54PM
Vitor vs Wanderlei @ 205
jae_1833
8/1/13 8:18:28PM
Vitor's possible opponents at LHW:
Ryan Bader, Te Huna, Henderson, Belcher
at HW: Hunt, Gonzaga, Bigfoot

HW is just retarded, if he is fighting at LHW to just stay active then that is fine but I think he is high if he doesn't understand that a loss to Te Huna or Bader could damage his possibility of keeping his MW title shot.
Chael_Sonnen
8/1/13 8:49:12PM
Don't worry, Daddy Chael is here to rescue poor Vitor....again.

After I thrash Shogun, I will help him financially, by letting him fight me....and this is what I will tell him....and his cute wife, as I slap her on the tushy - - -

"If it wasn’t for me, you would be thrashing around the jungle with a blowgun trying’ to catch breakfast.....now you can get paid and fade off into obscurity....with Vanderlay on 12-28-13."
prozacnation1978
8/1/13 9:05:30PM
This shit is getting old now
Webbie
8/1/13 9:15:17PM
It's all Belfort's fault. He needs to stop being a bitch.
isk
8/1/13 9:47:30PM
It's just comedy to me at this point. Seriously getting my laugh on here.
DrivenDavies15
8/1/13 9:53:56PM
Honestly this is no surprise, the fact that Dana even mentioned this fight doesn't make sense.
Vitor vs Gegard or Sonnen at 205 OR 185 is what I feel is going to happen next
Goatenstein
8/1/13 10:16:55PM
A rematch with Heath Herring would be nice.
LooseCannon
8/1/13 11:38:59PM

Posted by jae_1833

Vitor's possible opponents at LHW:
Ryan Bader, Te Huna, Henderson, Belcher
at HW: Hunt, Gonzaga, Bigfoot

HW is just retarded, if he is fighting at LHW to just stay active then that is fine but I think he is high if he doesn't understand that a loss to Te Huna or Bader could damage his possibility of keeping his MW title shot.

Bader is fighting Teixeira in September, Belcher lost his last bad at MW, but a Hendo re-match (lost to him in Pride) would make sense. I think Gegard Mousasi, who is said to be dropping back to 185, at a catch weight of 195 would be a good matchup as well.
prophecy033
8/2/13 12:13:18AM

Posted by Goatenstein

A rematch with Heath Herring would be nice.

tallica62
8/2/13 1:37:50AM
I'm sick of this "I won't fight him" crap

Do the Giants ever say they refuse to play the Cowboys?

Do the Devils say they refuse to play the Rangers?

NO! You want to be a champ? Then fight anyone and be a champ

I know I won't be a champ cuz I'm just an internet troll and would get my butt kicked...but still
RhythmAndStyle
8/2/13 1:55:09AM
all i hear is a bunch of crying..startin to get kinda tired of hearing it..ya'll fighters, thoughts ya'll were here to prove ya'll are the best martial artist in the world..i understand if its brothers or close training partners like Shogun / Wandy has stated they wont ever fight..but these guys are just temp training partners for the mean time..and alot of fighters do train with multiple camps..i think the Lorenzo or Dana needs to do something bout it..draw a line between these camps.
george112
8/2/13 1:55:42AM
Fedor

/debate
jjeans
8/2/13 4:57:01AM
"I don't think Tim Kennedy deserves a fight with me boss but if that's the guy you're going to give me boss, ill knock him out and beat a third consecutive top 10 fighter. Either way thanks for giving me the fight in Brazil. Can I get a title shot in writing if I win this fight?"

Not being a baby and doing you're fucking job would make you look gangster right now. Yeah I've KO'd Bisping and Kennedy but I'm still gonna fight another guy who's not as popular as those two just to prove I'm a tank.

Rashad turning down this fight is the correct thing to do, they're friends and why should he fight a MW when he clearly is happily suited to progress his career at 205.

Belfort looks like a fucking clown now. Give him Daniel Cormier at HW in the US with VADA testing and if he declines the fight cut his ass. Even if Bellator picks him up they don't have Fights in Brazil so he won't be twice the beast he is. DC would smother him like a tool.
Poor_Franklin
8/2/13 5:17:37AM

Posted by george112

Fedor

/debate

I guess I'd watch it
Bubbles
8/2/13 10:20:21AM

Posted by tallica62

I'm sick of this "I won't fight him" crap

Do the Giants ever say they refuse to play the Cowboys?

Do the Devils say they refuse to play the Rangers?

NO! You want to be a champ? Then fight anyone and be a champ

I know I won't be a champ cuz I'm just an internet troll and would get my butt kicked...but still

the difference is those sports have a designated season and actually have to earn their way to the championship by advancing through stages. Bellator is the closest thing MMA has to this structure...fighting in the UFC is almost like picking a name out of a hat
BillsNewAccount
8/2/13 11:11:59AM

Posted by george112

Fedor

/debate

I don't want to play telephone but Dana is really close to signing Fedor... purple monkey dishwasher.
airkerma
8/2/13 2:45:37PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Honestly this is no surprise, the fact that Dana even mentioned this fight doesn't make sense.

This. Firstly, this fight barely made sense.

Secondly, declining fights is certainly not great, but why does Dana go out of his way to talk about fights that will/may happen when the fighter hasn't even been presented with the fight yet? It's like he just shits out an idea, gives it to the media to run with, then gets pissed when it doesn't work out to his grand design. I can't stand it because he artificially places himself at an infallible position and then can claim the high ground.

Thirdly, it grows very tiresome when everyone champions the rationale of "hurr durr, it's ur job 2 fite!" Maybe some of these people don't quite understand what it is to have a job. Being employed doesn't mean you have to bend over backward for your boss and typically it doesn't involve being publicly humiliated at the whim of said employer.
Copenhagen
8/2/13 5:07:29PM
We, and the media, need to stop using the term teammates.
In order to be teammates they would need to compete as a team.
Since they don't compete as a team, they should only be referred to as training partners.
Webbie
8/2/13 5:14:42PM
So "American Top Team" can't be considered a team?

Just sayin', but I understand what you're saying. I don't blame Rashad for turning down the fight. Vitor is the only one to be frustrated with in this situation because he's straight up being a diva. Either fight who the UFC wants you to fight or shut up and wait for Silva/Weidman.

I'm not really interested in seeing Silva/Belfort ever again tbh.
Copenhagen
8/3/13 2:12:14AM
Yes. They are from here on referred to as "American Top Training Partners."