Rashad Evans Tweets Photo Of His Swollen Eye After Loss to Jon Jones At UFC 145

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rashad Evans Tweets Photo Of His Swollen Eye After Loss to Jon Jones At UFC 145
sparky
4/23/12 9:17:59PM
Former UFC light heavyweight champ Rashad Evans Tweeted (@SugaRashadEvans) this photo on Monday following his loss to Jon Jones this past Saturday night in the main event of UFC 145.

Link
State_Champ
4/23/12 11:14:38PM
A result of the dreaded elbow-jab no doubt.
Chael_Sonnen
4/24/12 12:06:21AM
I betcha Suga's ego is even more 'swollen' after little bro put him over his knee
Twenty20Dollars
4/24/12 12:33:17AM
Too bad his swollen head will never shrink.
jae_1833
4/24/12 10:31:30AM
I dont think he got his ass whipped that bad, I have seen way worse after fight picks. He isnt all that injured either, that will be damn near invisible within a week or so. Now Diego's forehead vagina, that was an injury! Stann vs Sakara: that was a certified ass whipping!! This fight was the Jon Jones version of a Tim Sylvia title defense, and I am not afraid to say it sucked!!! Anti-climatic, slow paced, an unwillingness to get inside and risk it all from Rashad combined with an overly cautious points based striking attack from Jones. What a crapper.
ghandikush
4/24/12 10:54:19AM

Posted by jae_1833

I dont think he got his ass whipped that bad, I have seen way worse after fight picks. He isnt all that injured either, that will be damn near invisible within a week or so. Now Diego's forehead vagina, that was an injury! Stann vs Sakara: that was a certified ass whipping!! This fight was the Jon Jones version of a Tim Sylvia title defense, and I am not afraid to say it sucked!!! Anti-climatic, slow paced, an unwillingness to get inside and risk it all from Rashad combined with an overly cautious points based striking attack from Jones. What a crapper.

Im personally glad we got to see Jones finally putting on a shutout, wasnt sure if he could maintain on those sticklegs and natural 140lb frame.
DancingDoll
4/24/12 12:04:32PM
Ahh... the perma-wink. He knows how to work it, anyway.

It actually doesn't look that bad. I was expecting worse for some reason.
machodog76
4/24/12 1:18:04PM

Posted by jae_1833

I don't think it was that bad, but definitely not what I would term a good fight. I'll give it a C-
Poor_Franklin
4/24/12 4:08:50PM
at times in the last 2 rounds, i thought Jones fought safe to secure his win when he shouldve gone for the kill.
postman
4/24/12 4:20:26PM
Now I know it was the last 10 seconds but he admited to pulling guard so avoid getting clipped. What would make anyone think he did anything less once the fight was his to lose? I can't blame him at all but a few more fights like that and the bitching fan train will be so large it will make you forget how much everyone loves him today.
tn_rebel
4/24/12 4:34:00PM
Jones picked him apart. It wasn't his fault if this one was a little boring. Rashad was losing the fight... he is the one that should have gotten more aggressive.
Sir_Karl
4/24/12 9:52:09PM
I could be wrong here but I think Rashad is making his eye look worse than it actually is. He is pointing his bad eye towards the camera and it looks like he is closing it intentionally. I bet if he took a picture "front on" with both eyes open...it would barely be noticeable. I have to give him props though....he fared better against Jones than anyone else has.