Rashad Evans Was A TUF 10 Coach Because Lyoto Machida Couldn't Speak English

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rashad Evans Was A TUF 10 Coach Because Lyoto Machida Couldn't Speak English
DCRage
5/14/10 10:27:43AM
And that, says Quinton Jackson, is why he got stuck with Rashad as the opposing coach and apparently he still isn't happy about it. "I would have preferred to have done The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) against Machida to fix the problem back in the day, from square one, just 'X' Rashad out because he don't got the damn belt, but Machida's English is not so good so I get stuck having to fight Rashad and he's all cocky thinking he did something good because he's on The Ultimate Fighter but like dude, you just got knocked the hell out! You're on The Ultimate Fighter by default because the dude that knocked you out don't speak English bro. Don't be coming here acting like that. This is the type of thing I'm dealing with. It's just annoying actually."

Article
TheGodfather1024
5/14/10 2:31:38PM
Good think for the UFC, Rashad and Rampage were the biggest draw in history for TUF.
DCRage
5/14/10 2:36:49PM
No they weren't. That season was all about Kimbo.
supatolacyl
5/14/10 3:01:58PM
I think Rashad is so deep into Rampage's head that he can't see straight. It's everyday he has something to say. I just get the feeling he is trying to psych himself up and put Rashad down, becuase Evans put some doubt in his head. Or Rampage could just be an attention whore and needs everyone to look his direction. Etheir way it will be nice to get this one over and should make for an entertaining fight.
snakeplissken
5/14/10 5:17:39PM

Posted by supatolacyl

I think Rashad is so deep into Rampage's head that he can't see straight. It's everyday he has something to say. I just get the feeling he is trying to psych himself up and put Rashad down, becuase Evans put some doubt in his head. Or Rampage could just be an attention whore and needs everyone to look his direction. Etheir way it will be nice to get this one over and should make for an entertaining fight.

Or maybe he's trying to hype the fight or even possibly *shock horror* he actually doesn't like Rashad?
BlueSkiesBurn
5/14/10 5:59:56PM
It's stuff like this that leads me to believe that, despite the layoff, Rampage will be looking for blood.
cottonballzz
5/14/10 7:31:44PM
I think he is trying to be seen and herd because he has a movie coming out and that fight coming up and he is just trying to hype them both up. Rampage is a hell of a hype man.
BustedKnuckle
5/14/10 9:22:36PM
This is more than hypeing the fight. Page hates Rashad, and visa versa. you can see it in thier eyes when they jaw at each other. I cant wait for this fight. I hope Rampage comes out loking for blood and KOs Evans early
vomitshovel
5/15/10 2:21:41AM
Even though you gotta love the Pride legend, Page is gonna lose imho.
He's mind is totally screwed atm and rashad is a very very smart fighter.
Rashad TKO 2nd
Cdellorso
5/15/10 1:24:33PM
we will see what happens- i have a feelingsomeones getting a KO but if it goes descision, they better not hug....

I despise when 2 guys that "Hate " each other - hug and shake hands are all good jobby after a fight....

you know where Kos and daily stand......
seanfu
5/15/10 3:18:08PM

Posted by Cdellorso

we will see what happens- i have a feelingsomeones getting a KO but if it goes descision, they better not hug....

I despise when 2 guys that "Hate " each other - hug and shake hands are all good jobby after a fight....

you know where Kos and daily stand......

uhhh, well if you've ever competed aginst someone you really dont like and you've both struggled very hard for the duration of the competition you gain a total gamer competitors respect for eachother. Kicking eachothers ass is a bonding experience and it takes a while for the effects of exhaustion and respect to wear away.

I've done the same in wrestling matches before and in jiujitzu.