Rashad Evans Vs Tito Ortiz 2?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rashad Evans Vs Tito Ortiz 2?
POLL: Who Will Win Ortiz vs Evans 2?
Rashad Evans 41% (14)
Tito Ortiz 56% (19)
Draw 3% (1)
No Contest 0% (0)
Forfeit 0% (0)
hammerhead1
9/13/07 4:22:12PM
Tito will win by Decision or Knock out and Rashad hs no choice of winning
loonytnt
9/13/07 5:29:36PM
tito is going win this, he should have one the fisrt one if the point was not taking away
Stickan
9/13/07 5:37:59PM
I think Tito forfeits ... He hasn't signed the fight yet has he?

I think Rashad wins anyway by UD.
loonytnt
9/13/07 5:42:28PM
he didnt sign for the fight yet??? didnt he tell evans they can do a rematch?
pv3Hpv3p
9/13/07 5:48:36PM
I think Evans takes it... He was a little gunshy in their first fight, but now knows that Tito doesn't have what it takes to beat him... IMO, when you step into the cage with a legend like Ortiz, there has to be some level of aprehension that comes with it... I forsee a completely different fight this time around
Stickan
9/13/07 5:54:12PM

Posted by loonytnt

he didnt sign for the fight yet??? didnt he tell evans they can do a rematch?

hasn't signed

but will he?
ocho-cinco
9/13/07 5:57:09PM
I think Evans comes out with energy and purpose this time. He will be much more confident, and Tito doesn't have anything new that he didn't show Rashad the first time around, so he will know what to expect. Rashad by a clear cut decision.
Twenty20Dollars
9/13/07 6:27:12PM
Lame this fight is going to be boring again, dont even want to see it, they should have moved on, just like the bisping/hamill that fight is going to be boring, bisping should drop to 185 move on.
Ydoc
9/13/07 6:32:34PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Lame this fight is going to be boring again, dont even want to see it, they should have moved on, just like the bisping/hamill that fight is going to be boring, bisping should drop to 185 move on.

Bisping vs. Hamill wasn't boring the first time around, minus the bs decision most peope thought it was a good fight. I think the second time around it'll be a even better fight with Hamill more motivated to finish it. And Tito vs. Rashad 2 has no where to go but up.
EddieBowers
9/13/07 7:05:14PM
I am pulling for Rashad on this one. I say he is going to win by SD. I think Tito is too busy thinking about Jenna and his clothing line. Tito is not all that any more... please do not get me wrong.. he is still a great fighter and I like to watch him fight, but I think Rashad is going to step it up. He has more to prove in this fight then Tito...IMO.
DevonFoxy
9/13/07 7:14:14PM
I like Tito but he has been pretty busy it seems and i hope hes no partying it up when he should be sweating it up in the Gym. I hope Tito still knows whats important to him because a Tito at 100% is a dangerous guy no matter who he is fighting. I think he will win this fight mebbe GnP if hes healthy if not UD. I don't know what it is with Rashad but he has never impressed me. I think his win over Sam Hoger was very disappointing and with out his lay n pray in that match would have loss decisively. I think he found out that he cant do that to the guys in this division and I just cant see him being very successful against Tito this time. When Tito fought Chuck the second time he had great stand up just not Chuck great. If you watch that match he rocked Chuck a couple of times. I think more or less this is going to be a defining moment for Tito. I think this could tell alot of where Tito will be in a year. Fighting against the top fighters in the world or living his life selling cloths and partying.
nubby
9/13/07 7:14:41PM

Posted by EddieBowers

I am pulling for Rashad on this one. I say he is going to win by SD. I think Tito is too busy thinking about Jenna and his clothing line. Tito is not all that any more... please do not get me wrong.. he is still a great fighter and I like to watch him fight, but I think Rashad is going to step it up. He has more to prove in this fight then Tito...IMO.

Lack of agression is what saved Rashad from eating elbows. As soon as Rashad starts throwing punches and kicks hes going to be put on his ass. I see this fight going the same exact way as the last fight excet Tito won't pull on the cage.
Darnok
9/13/07 7:15:30PM
I agree that it will probably be another boring fight. But I think Tito has this one. If Tito loses he should retire and become a full time shirt salesman.
hotrodttt
9/13/07 7:36:59PM
Rashad wins this , for all you Tito lovers , you obviously did not learn anything from the last round of their fight
nubby
9/13/07 7:56:41PM
You mean the final round with 15 seconds left where Rashad finally got Tito down. Yeah, could you please tell me what I should learn from that? Even with TIto injured he still couldn't do anything to him until the end of the fight. Pretty crappy.
tapout23
9/13/07 9:48:13PM
i think tito is going to win even tho i dont want him to...although rashad does have a chance...very small 1
DevonFoxy
9/13/07 10:07:56PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Rashad wins this , for all you Tito lovers , you obviously did not learn anything from the last round of their fight

Oh you mean the one bad round Tito had all night? Funny how he had Two very dominate ones before that one. Wait a minute doesn't that mean that Rashad had only one good round? I'm not a Tito lover I'm just being realistic. Come the rematch we will not have this discussion as there will be three rounds of GnP the likes of Rashad Evans has never seen. If it goes three IMO. Tito wasn't 100% in his first match with Rashad so think what would have happened if he fought him in the shape he was at during the second Liddell fight he lost. Thats the Tito i want to see. Sure he lost but he was very impressive and winning the fight until he got too confident in his hands. I really don't see Rashad winning this fight and when Tito grabs a hold of him he will realize that.
gamez0932
9/13/07 11:22:11PM
tito will win this fight, i think this time he'll go for the knockout or the stoppage, he doesnt wanna leave doubt in anyones mind that he would've won that fight without the stoppage.