Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva set for UFC 108 co-main event in January

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva set for UFC 108 co-main event in January
Sinister
10/2/09 7:11:37PM
"With Quinton "Rampage" Jackson withdrawing from a December contest with Rashad Evans (13-1-1 MMA, 8-1-1 UFC) to pursue an acting role, "Sugar's" next move has been uncertain for several weeks.

That period is over."

LINK
prozacnation1978
10/2/09 7:22:06PM
no big surprise
i said this over a week ago
Twenty20Dollars
10/2/09 10:21:35PM
I think I like Silva here.

Ground and Power-Silva
Wrestling and Speed-Evans
mshalosky
10/2/09 10:52:58PM

I think I like Silva here.

Ground and Power-Silva
Wrestling and Speed-Evans

I dont see silva getting rashad in a position where he could ground and pound him. I guess he could drop him but rashad has pretty good boxing i see a UD for rashad
jae_1833
10/3/09 1:47:42AM
This will be a hard one for me....head vs heart
Head = Rashad
Heart = T. Silva
gartface
10/3/09 10:42:02AM
Night night Thiago. Rashad is patient, and will pick his spots wisely while Thiago swings wild. He'll leave himself open a few times and end up paying for it.
MMAcca
10/3/09 10:52:59AM
I see Rashad finishing Thiago here. As much as i like Thiago, i see Evans finishing in similar fashion to the way Machida did.

Patience is a virtue.
State_Champ
10/3/09 11:58:36AM
I guess I have to say that I'd go with Rashad as well. I feel like Thiago is too plodding and sometimes he over-commits to his punches. Rashad will expose Thiago's weaknesses and possibly (T)KO him.

But I would much rather see Thiago win this fight because I dislike Rashad and kinda like Thiago.
BustedKnuckle
10/3/09 8:02:50PM
Great move on Joe Silva's part here. I will be pulling of rThiago in this one but think he has a tall order to fill. His super aggressive striking style plays right into Rashad. I hope Thiago can give Rahad his 2nd loss and KO him early in the first