Rashad Evans never though the rematch with Tito would happen.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rashad Evans never though the rematch with Tito would happen.
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/17/08 2:18:17PM
Check it out.5 Oz of Pain
silverbullet
2/17/08 3:06:47PM
I said from the beginning that TIto would use all his star power to weasel his way out of this one
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/17/08 4:04:40PM

Posted by silverbullet

I said from the beginning that TIto would use all his star power to weasel his way out of this one

Well ya i can see what you mean, but i would think Machida's an even tougher fight for Tito than Evans would be... I don't know why you say Tito weaseled his way out, IMO the Machida fight is going to be way harder than an eventual Evans rematch.
Pookie
2/17/08 4:06:44PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by silverbullet

Well ya i can see what you mean, but i would think Machida's an even tougher fight for Tito than Evans would be... I don't know why you say that he weaseled his way out, he stumbled upon a greater challenge IMO

I don't understand your post. If you could re-word it, awesome.
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/17/08 4:23:01PM
Well, now for some odd reason Babalu has this to say. Link

What do you guys think of that?
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/17/08 4:28:17PM
Well, right now, i don't think much of it to be very honest. Another fighter who is no longer in the UFC claims out of nowhere that one of the UFC's headliners won't be happening... I'll have to wait for confirmation
nick94
2/17/08 4:32:50PM
Because of their fighting styles, fighting backgrounds and fighting tendencies, the rematch is probably going to be a similar fight. Not so exciting but two great athletes going at it. I don't believe there should even be a rematch because that fight was just as much as a test for Rashad as it was for Tito. Thats it! It was a good fight for both of them and they should not fight again unless it was a title match.
Porch28
2/17/08 5:34:54PM
I'm sorry but I am not sold on Evans at all. I thought he lost to both Ortiz and Bisping ,but for some reason he's gotten lucky . I really think he's in for it this time with Silva. He's going to get smashed
wapttn
2/17/08 5:37:28PM
the first fight was boring and the second wont be any different... tito may have weaseled his way outta the rematch but you cant blame him, nobody wants to see the rematch and its titos last fight on this contract so he needs to pick a fight that'll put him in the title picture.. that involves fighting someone thats a serious contender.. rashad isnt even close.
Porch28
2/17/08 6:26:04PM

Posted by wapttn

the first fight was boring and the second wont be any different... tito may have weaseled his way outta the rematch but you cant blame him, nobody wants to see the rematch and its titos last fight on this contract so he needs to pick a fight that'll put him in the title picture.. that involves fighting someone thats a serious contender.. rashad isnt even close.

RMFG_187
2/17/08 9:01:50PM
Tito doesnt need to fight Rashad, in his mind he won (and he sorta did). But Rashad's hype. Thiago will destroy him. If Thiago wins, IMO, he should fight Jardine. would be a great fight.
Porch28
2/17/08 9:36:51PM
Rashad does know how to pretend to punch real good
RMFG_187
2/17/08 9:44:34PM

Posted by Porch28

Rashad does know how to pretend to punch real good

LMAO
loonytnt
2/17/08 11:46:34PM
i happy that rematch didnt happen the first fight was not to great
Tein_Lung
2/18/08 8:49:31AM

Posted by wapttn

Sorry but tito will never contend for the title in the UFC again, he can;t beat Wandy Chuck or Rampage, much less Shogun or Machida.. Tito is not a top 5 MW anymore.. the only way hes got a shot at another title is to gow here the rest of the B and C grade fighters go
jae_1833
2/18/08 1:54:40PM
I am a Tito fan, and even I find it hard to put him in the top 10 anymore without being completely biased. Another fight with Rashad would be pretty crappy, and it would be televised so unless it was at a UFN then it could be damaging to any fight card!! Although if Tito wins against Lyoto, which he will...GNP...and Rashad defeats Thiago, which he won't ... KO in the 2nd... then I say make it happen. Tito wins give him Wandy, Rashad wins give him a title shot.
Sir_Karl
2/18/08 5:06:11PM
Rashad needs to fight some of the top light heavyweights.
Thiago is a good test for him...and the right matchup. They are both climbing the ladder. Could be Rashad's first loss.
As for Tito and Lyoto?
Tito could be in some trouble as well.
Tito vs. Rashad II wouldn't really prove much.
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/18/08 5:48:09PM
Dana is praying that Machida beats Tito. Nothing would be more satisfying for him than to see Tito Ortiz lose his last match in the UFC.
Porch28
2/18/08 9:10:43PM
Apparently that match wont happen
DevonFoxy
2/18/08 11:12:26PM
Rashad is probably wishing for Tito now that he has to fight Silva. He stands with Thiago hes going down he lays on Thiago hes (very likely) going out. If Thiago wins i hope he gets another top ten guy as he has all the tools to be champ some day.

War Thiago!