Rashad Evans On His Future, Middleweight, and Chael Sonnen

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rashad Evans On His Future, Middleweight, and Chael Sonnen
lohmann
8/13/12 10:11:34AM
There's been a lot of talk about former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans dropping down in weight to test his might against some of the world's top 185-pounders.

From his discussion with MMA Live:

"I'm ready. I stay ready. Chael will always be an interesting fight, but we work together a lot for FUEL TV, so I don't know if it will happen. Besides, I think Chael might be going up [in weight]. I'm never one to back away from a fight, so if Chael wants to come up, we gotta do it. Ultimately, [I'd like to fight someone like] Anderson Silva, but I would have to establish myself in the weight class, so they say. I don't know. As a matter of fact, Dana White, CALL ME! Joe Silva, CALL ME! I just wanna fight the best competitors. It's really hard to go down a weight class after you lost a fight, it doesn't leave a good taste in your mouth, so I may have to get one back at 205 before I go down to any weight class."

article and video
jae_1833
8/13/12 10:31:49AM
Chael Sonnen had no problem fighting and doing shows with Brian Stann so I know he wouldn't have a problem with Rashad. Maybe they could do a catchweight at 195 to allow both of them ample time to adapt to their new weight classes.
airkerma
8/13/12 10:57:08AM
I want to see both of these guys crushing faces. I'm very okay with them crushing each others faces
sparky
8/13/12 1:17:02PM
I feel the same way about Rashad dropping down in weight as I do Frankie, when your in the top 5 for the weight class your fighting in right now dropping down just doesn't make much sense
hashyandy4
8/13/12 2:02:03PM
I would luv to see Rashad at 185
tcunningham
8/13/12 2:02:49PM
i think rashad has no other options than to drop down. i get the argument for him not dropping down being in the top 5 and all, but a guy like rashad will never be satisfied without a belt and he has another chance to get that at MW. he's gonna have to do it if he wants another title shot
frizzzlecake
8/13/12 4:39:25PM
185 Suga vs. Weidman number one contender match.

If Weidman wins he's done more than enough and will silence the critics, if Suga win's He just beat a top guy in the division and a former champ.

If Rashad beat Anderson, would love to see Lyoto make the weight change.(Because Lyoto is going to get killed by bones again.)
infestructure
8/13/12 6:35:40PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

If Weidman wins he's done more than enough and will silence the critics, if Suga win's He just beat a top guy in the division and a former champ.

If Rashad beat Anderson, would love to see Lyoto make the weight change.(Because Lyoto is going to get killed by bones again.)

Weidman's a former champ?

And Lyoto will beat Jones next time around
FlashyG
8/13/12 6:54:35PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by frizzzlecake

Weidman's a former champ?

And Lyoto will beat Jones next time around

Not in the UFC, but he was the champion in "Ring of Combat"