Rashad Evans next to fight Liddel or Griffin?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rashad Evans next to fight Liddel or Griffin?
Next Page »
tamarslay3
1/20/07 9:15:35PM
I don't know who should fight him next also Jardine who beat Griffin needs one more win vs someone good again for title contention also?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
thepitbull00
1/21/07 12:04:10AM
I think Griffin should fight Michael Bisping for a possible title shot. As far as title shots go I think Liddell's next defense will be against Rampage
DoTheMMAth
1/21/07 12:25:45AM
Just some guesses.... Griffin probably would have gotten a title shot if he had beaten Jardine. Now he's going to have to climb the ladder a little bit again before getting a chance at a title. In the event Rashad wins his fight on Thursday vs Salmon he may be just 1 fight away from getting a title shot. Perhaps Rashad vs Jardine, winner gets a shot. In the event Rampage beats Eastman in 2 weeks, they'll probably give him the Liddell fight, a la another Anderson Silva UFC entry: highly touted Pride talent wins an entry fight, then tries for the belt, plus Chuck wants it. Obviously all just speculation hinging on the favorite outcomes of upcoming fights and some good ol' MMA math though... Hopefully they'll do something like that, which means that Tito and Babalu could be open for a fight since no one will want to see Tito vs Chuck 3 or Babalu vs Chuck 3. IMO Tito vs Babalu would be a good match. Now if we could just somehow export Chuck for 1 fight or import Shogun for 1 fight I'd love to see Shogun vs Chuck... but I guess this is a topic for the MMA Lounge forum
hippysmacker
1/21/07 3:29:48AM
Chuck is supposedly out 6 months with injjuries so that gives a lot of time for it to be sorted out. With Rashad and Jardine being on the same team, that probably rules them out fghting eachother. Babalu is supposed to be fighting Lambert next. I think Machida in the picture now is well. I think Rashad could beat Tito. He's got better wrestling , faster hands, and a great Chin. However they do it , I still see Rampage getting the next titile shot.
DaniL
1/21/07 11:46:22AM
I think Rashad definitely deserves the next fight with Chuck, but it will probably be given to Rampage. Chuck wants it and they are trying very hard to hype him up. I think Forrest has to work his way back up and Jardine needs at least one more win. Forrest and Bisping would be a great fight though.
MeanGreene
1/21/07 2:11:10PM
I think Rashad should fight Keith J. and lets go ahead and get Rampage's beat down over with! He better get up with his homeboy Tito and they sit down and discuss some good excuses!!!!!! Crybaby
meier
1/21/07 2:21:10PM

Posted by MeanGreene

I think Rashad should fight Keith J. and lets go ahead and get Rampage's beat down over with! He better get up with his homeboy Tito and they sit down and discuss some good excuses!!!!!! Crybaby

rampage possibly getting a beatdown seems actually somewhat unlikely to me... since he did man handle chuck at pride. but chuck's awareness has developed a bit more since the first fight with rampage.
iwannabesedated
1/21/07 10:04:50PM
Id like to see Rashad fight Chuck....cuz i really hate Rashad "The Human Blanket" Evans..all hes does is lay on people.hes like a blanket covering people..i hate watching his fights cause there soo boring..id like to see liddell knock his head off....fights that involve rashad are known as the i can get up and get a beer bake a turkey and take a dump and not miss anything but some dude laying on a another dude...hes worthless in my opinion
nate22
1/22/07 7:14:54AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Id like to see Rashad fight Chuck....cuz i really hate Rashad "The Human Blanket" Evans..all hes does is lay on people.hes like a blanket covering people..i hate watching his fights cause there soo boring..id like to see liddell knock his head off....fights that involve rashad are known as the i can get up and get a beer bake a turkey and take a dump and not miss anything but some dude laying on a another dude...hes worthless in my opinion

Didn't see Rashad's last fight then?
hippysmacker
1/22/07 4:07:26PM

I have to agree with Nate22
He manhandled Lambert with a dominating GNP. No LaynPray that time. It was very entertaing, you may want to watch it(UFC 63 hughesvPenn 2 undercard)
Drago
1/22/07 6:54:36PM
Rashad was a big dark horse coming from Ultimate Fighter.

I think he stands a chance with anyone in his division.

Seriously explosive!!
DoTheMMAth
1/22/07 6:56:22PM

If you don't like Rashad... I'd love to hear your opinion on Koscheck

O, btw, Sublime fan?
strikefirstgear
1/22/07 8:43:00PM
Rashads not been very impressive until the last fight but he finished that one nicely. Hopefully he continues to develop his finishing power. He has some seriously good wrestling skills and that has gotten him through.

I would like to see him go up against a Babalu or a Tito before a title shot for sure.
chubbud22
1/22/07 8:54:42PM
chuck will crush lay and pray Evens
iwannabesedated
1/22/07 8:57:14PM
i dont have anything against koscheck...hes from a town about 15mins away from me..we actually wrestled his school waynesburg back in high school...Pennsylvania is known for great wrestlers coming out of high school...if u ever saturday night lights movie...well high school wrestling is like that in pennsylvania...i just dont like fights thats wreslter vs wrestler...i like to wach strikers take on a wrestler to see whose style is more effective...and seriously...lidell would kill rashad
hippysmacker
1/22/07 9:02:41PM
Liddell would kill just about anybody at 205. I think only Lil NOG and shogun match up well with him.
meier
1/22/07 10:55:19PM
not necessarily... i dont think the chuck of "now" has really been tested yet. but i do see a quinton jackson test though
hippysmacker
1/22/07 11:11:08PM
i think the Chuck of "now" is better than he has ever been, and the Ranmpage of "now" is a different guy. Since the 2nd Wandy Ko he has been less impressive than he was before. I don't know if he just stopped progressing ,and others did, or if it affected him physcologically. Either way he's probably Chuck's next fight. So hopefully we'll have an aswer to that question in about 6 months.
freakozoid
1/24/07 12:13:01PM
Rashad had a great outcome in TUF. Matter of fact, he was sort of my favorite specially when he taunted his opponents in his first few fights and straightened out in his last few. Beating guys bigger than him and all. Something to look out for.
pv3Hpv3p
1/24/07 8:10:08PM

i dont have anything against koscheck...hes from a town about 15mins away from me..we actually wrestled his school waynesburg back in high school...Pennsylvania is known for great wrestlers coming out of high school...if u ever saturday night lights movie...well high school wrestling is like that in pennsylvania...i just dont like fights thats wreslter vs wrestler...i like to wach strikers take on a wrestler to see whose style is more effective...and seriously...lidell would kill rashad

You can't stand Rashad's fighting style, but have no problem with Kos? I will agree that some of Rashads fights consist of a little too much LnP, but Koscheck takes the cake when it comes to blanketing opponents. I was thoroughly unimpressed with his last preformance, all he has are takedowns and a looping right hand prayer. Evans seems to get better every time he fights, he is not afraid to stand and bang (see the Brad Imes (sp?) fight from TUF) has great takedowns, brute strength and controls opponents in a Lindland-esque fashion.

With that being said, he needs a handful of fights before he gets a title, so, IMHO, If Evans can beat: 1. Forrest/Jardine (battle of the TUF fighters)
2. Machida (After he proves himself to US fans)
3. Tito or Babalu (Will be a ground battle)
4. Rampage (or Chuck) (whoever isn't champ)
5. Chuck (or champ AKA Page)

3 and 4 are interchangable depending on how what QJ shows up to the octogon, but if it's the old Rampage then look out LHW's (and WAR CHUCK avenge your only unatoned loss) and of course this is taking for granted that he wins all these fights, but I think that a fighter with his potential should have time to mature so that he can really blossom into the fighter that he can be. Fighters don't only have to be phisically prepared but they have to be mentally prepared as well. Many good fighters have been ruined by beign fed to the big dogs too early (see Nate Quarry or Pawel Nastula), hopefully that won't happen to Rashad.
hippysmacker
1/24/07 8:23:00PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

You can't stand Rashad's fighting style, but have no problem with Kos? I will agree that some of Rashads fights consist of a little too much LnP, but Koscheck takes the cake when it comes to blanketing opponents. I was thoroughly unimpressed with his last preformance, all he has are takedowns and a looping right hand prayer. Evans seems to get better every time he fights, he is not afraid to stand and bang (see the Brad Imes (sp?) fight from TUF) has great takedowns, brute strength and controls opponents in a Lindland-esque fashion.

With that being said, he needs a handful of fights before he gets a title, so, IMHO, If Evans can beat: 1. Forrest/Jardine (battle of the TUF fighters)

3 and 4 are interchangable depending on how what QJ shows up to the octogon, but if it's the old Rampage then look out LHW's (and WAR CHUCK avenge your only unatoned loss) and of course this is taking for granted that he wins all these fights, but I think that a fighter with his potential should have time to mature so that he can really blossom into the fighter that he can be. Fighters don't only have to be phisically prepared but they have to be mentally prepared as well. Many good fighters have been ruined by beign fed to the big dogs too early (see Nate Quarry or Pawel Nastula), hopefully that won't happen to Rashad.

Good post, I totally agree that Rashad has been improving consistantly. His first fight on TUF 2 was so bad I was shocked by his improvement on the show. Since then his drop to 205LBS. and his constant improvement, and unmdefeated streak make him a potential contender. I'm not certain, but I think he hooked up with Greg Jackson's camp after the show. I know he's with them now anyway, so is Jardine, so that fight's probably out. However, I still think he needs 2 or 3 more wins till he gets a title shot
ElGuApO91
1/25/07 1:24:57AM
rashad is completely overrated he is such a boring fighter to watch he shouldnt get a title shot till he discovers how to gnp
pv3Hpv3p
1/25/07 12:38:55PM
Good post, I totally agree that Rashad has been improving consistantly. His first fight on TUF 2 was so bad I was shocked by his improvement on the show. Since then his drop to 205LBS. and his constant improvement, and unmdefeated streak make him a potential contender. I'm not certain, but I think he hooked up with Greg Jackson's camp after the show. I know he's with them now anyway, so is Jardine, so that fight's probably out. However, I still think he needs 2 or 3 more wins till he gets a title shot

You're right, I forgot Rashad was fighting out of that New Mexico camp. I completely uderstand, but it's a shame that fighters from the same camp don't fight eachother. Like I said, I understand, but wouldn't it be great to see Shogun/Wand? (I know they're not from the same camp, but I'm still holding out for Frank vs Ken someday)
amik
1/25/07 12:41:20PM
I think Rampage if he wins the first UFC combat...

But Griffin it's the best positioned to fight with The Mohican xDDDD

Bye
strikefirstgear
1/25/07 2:07:18PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Rashad said in an article on the UFC site that he would never fight Jardine. Said that if it was presented as the only way to the title he would pass and change to heavyweight.
roadking95th
1/26/07 3:32:56PM
It's Chuck vs Rampage first. If Rampage wins then there will have to be another. I think who ever else gets a title shot would have to go through Tito, Babalu, and or Rampage. Probably having to beat two of them. There are a lot of quality guys and there are some great matches. Jardine, Evans, Griffin, and Bisping would have enough warm-ups, if they were able to run that guantlet, to be real contenders. You have to include Machida also. So, here we have 7 guys fighting it out for a title shot plus Rampage presumably getting his first. Even though fans don't want to see Tito or Babalu 3 yet, I feel the fight could be marketed if all these guys square off and eliminate each other. It is just a matter of getting these fights done in time for Chuck to fight them. Get rid of Babalu vs Lambert.
pv3Hpv3p
1/26/07 3:40:02PM

Posted by roadking95th

It's Chuck vs Rampage first. If Rampage wins then there will have to be another. I think who ever else gets a title shot would have to go through Tito, Babalu, and or Rampage. Probably having to beat two of them. There are a lot of quality guys and there are some great matches. Jardine, Evans, Griffin, and Bisping would have enough warm-ups, if they were able to run that guantlet, to be real contenders. You have to include Machida also. So, here we have 7 guys fighting it out for a title shot plus Rampage presumably getting his first. Even though fans don't want to see Tito or Babalu 3 yet, I feel the fight could be marketed if all these guys square off and eliminate each other. It is just a matter of getting these fights done in time for Chuck to fight them. Get rid of Babalu vs Lambert.

Unfortunately, I think that Tito will not get another shot at Chuck, he could line himself up for a title shot if the belt changes hands, but unfortunatley for Tito, my guess is, will act as kind of the gate keeper to the UFC's elite LHW's... If you want a shot at Chuck, then you got to get throught Tito first, that kind of thing.

Oh ya, and I agree, babalu and lambert is sort of a onesided matchup, but I enjoy watching Renato whoop on fools, so I'll watch it anyways.
BloodandTears
1/26/07 5:09:07PM

Posted by thepitbull00

I think Griffin should fight Michael Bisping for a possible title shot. As far as title shots go I think Liddell's next defense will be against Rampage

Yeh uh Bisping should look to get a little more experience before wasting his perfect record on a top 10 contender.. He's a damn good fighter but lacks experience in UFC.. Its a diffrent world in UFC.
hippysmacker
1/27/07 3:36:08AM

Posted by ElGuApO91

rashad is completely overrated he is such a boring fighter to watch he shouldnt get a title shot till he discovers how to gnp

I was wondering if you saw his last 2 fights(Lambert,Salmon)? He finished them both and looks greatly improved.
iwannabesedated
1/27/07 12:03:08PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Obviously you missed my point completley....i like KOS cuz im a HOMER....
Pages: [1] 2