Rashad Evans Expects His Next Opponent Will Be Rampage Jackson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rashad Evans Expects His Next Opponent Will Be Rampage Jackson
MMAcca
1/8/09 1:08:42PM
While Rampage has suggested he wants a rematch with Griffin we now know Dana White wants a fight with Evans and voila: Evans expects it. On the "Big O & Dukes" show on CBS radio talker 106.7 WJFK in Washington, DC Rashad Evans says he has not yet spoken to UFC officials but suspected his next opponent will be none other than Rampage Jackson.

LINK
Boo_Radley21
1/8/09 2:04:30PM
That will be a good fight. Both good wrestlers and strikers. I gotta give it to Rampage though because he does have a better chin than Forrest, and hits harder for sure. Not to mention his experience will play in. If this fight happens I say Rampage wins a second light heavyweight title.
gsquat
1/8/09 2:52:31PM
We will see. I son't see why Dana wouldn't support Rampage/Griffin 2. Everyone loved their first fight.
Solidus
1/8/09 2:57:17PM
Should be a good fight to make some money on. Rashad will pull another upset, and I dont see him losing to anyone in the LHW division right now except possibly Machida.
Wolfenstein
1/8/09 3:03:36PM
I'm never a big fan of former champs getting a title shot after one win. Instead of giving the same guy another chance, I think it's a good idea to bring in new blood. I'd like to see the Thiago vs Lyoto winner get a crack at it, and should Rampage beat Forrest in a grudge match, he gets next.

That way you get exposure for your "not so well known" fighters, you get huge numbers in a Griffin vs Rampage rematch, and should Rampage win he'll have erased all doubts about who's the next guy in line.

wrona666
1/8/09 3:44:48PM

Posted by gsquat

We will see. I son't see why Dana wouldn't support Rampage/Griffin 2. Everyone loved their first fight.

Your just saying that because you dont want to see Rashad loose to Rampage....
sparky
1/8/09 3:57:20PM
I think Rampage is the most deserving of a title shot for the simple fact that in my eyes that man never lost to Forrest Griffin and he should rightfully be champ still. But I think Rampage will come up short in the Rashad fight I think Rashad is going to be a bit to fast for Rampage. If i had to pick right now my pick would be:
Rashad Evans via Unanimous Decision
prozacnation1978
1/8/09 4:36:25PM
i think this fight will happen in may in vegas
gsquat
1/8/09 5:07:59PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by gsquat

You're such a genius. It's you're, not your. And it's lose, not loose. You screwed up two words in only one sentence. I've already posted my thoughts on Rashad vs Rampage. Obviously I feel Rashad will win because he's better in every aspect. Aside from that, I, as a fan, would love to see Rampage vs Forrest 2.
EvenFlow
1/8/09 5:11:07PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by wrona666

Posted by gsquat

You're such a genius. It's you're, not your. And it's lose, not loose. You screwed up two words in only one sentence. I've already posted my thoughts on Rashad vs Rampage. Obviously I feel Rashad will win because he's better in every aspect. Aside from that, I, as a fan, would love to see Rampage vs Forrest 2.

You can think Rashad will win, but better in every aspect, he is not.
tooly236
1/8/09 5:23:46PM
If there is a god, Rashad will leave on a stretcher. He crawls into the ring on all 4, talk about setting the movement back 10 years.
gsquat
1/8/09 5:27:28PM

Posted by EvenFlow
You can think Rashad will win...

This says enough.
Darnok
1/8/09 5:45:47PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

That will be a good fight. Both good wrestlers and strikers. I gotta give it to Rampage though because he does have a better chin than Forrest, and hits harder for sure. Not to mention his experience will play in. If this fight happens I say Rampage wins a second light heavyweight title.

Agree with you I do. If Rampage keeps up the new training and attitude it is going to be hard to beat him.
wrona666
1/8/09 7:08:50PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by wrona666

Posted by gsquat

Sorry i didnt know this was a spelling competition!!!
tuvok500
1/8/09 8:13:11PM
All i have to say is : WAR RASHAD !!
nix7777
1/8/09 9:15:57PM
can u imagine the shit talkin these two are gonna do
Bobby-B-Bonkers
1/8/09 11:07:09PM
I really don't see how Rashad could possibly beat Rampage because Rampage is probably better everywhere except wrestling which is pretty even, maybe even giving Rashad the nod on that aspect.

I'd love to see Rashad defend the belt atleast once and best wishes to both fighters.
billycarnage
1/9/09 10:18:18AM
I say Machida is most deserving but Rampage vs Rashad makes the most sense. I want to see these two Tee off. Their styles are so similar. It would be Rashads toughest challenge to date and I'm not making any predictions.