Rashad Evans Doesn't Seem to Remember Getting Knocked Out by Lyoto Machida

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rashad Evans Doesn't Seem to Remember Getting Knocked Out by Lyoto Machida
FastKnockout
2/8/11 5:33:19PM
(Video included in the article)

This video has been making the rounds today mostly because of the part that begins at the 4:40 mark, in which Rashad Evans describes a physical encounter he had with Quinton Jackson recently at a Las Vegas nightclub. Basically, Rashad approached his TUF 10 coaching rival to congratulate him on his win over Lyoto Machida (and also bust his balls a bit). The conversation took a left turn, which led to Rampage slapping Rashad in the face. Rashad returned the slap, and then security stepped in. End of story.

But the way Rashad sets up the story is a little strange. He says: "I seen him at XS, right? And I go up to him and give him his props for his win, y'know, he beat Machida, I beat Machida, and I was like 'good job,' you know. And I said 'but you know, you kind of used a little bit of my strategy in that fight.' [Rampage said] 'Whatchu talkin' 'bout?' And I said, 'well I mean, you were taking him down a lot, and you said that I wrestled you a lot, so, you said I was kinda weak for doing that, but then you go and do the same thing."

LINK
grappler0000
2/8/11 6:19:00PM
Unfortunately, ever since Lyoto knocked him out, Rashad has suffered from Anterograde amnesia. Rashad's only motivation to train now is in the hope that someday he will be able to confront the man that has caused the most pain and suffering to his good friends and teammates...the man he only knows as "Cecil P".
BlueSkiesBurn
2/8/11 6:25:39PM

"He beat Machida, I beat Machida"

How do you NOT remember the ONLY freakin' loss of your career!?!?

Rampage didn't slap him because Rashad made him upset, Rampage slapped him to bring him back to reality.
Hendo67
2/8/11 6:34:10PM
My response: WHAT?
Bloodhound
2/8/11 8:33:03PM
Rashad didnt beat Machida, and Rampage only took Machida down once
v1y
2/8/11 9:16:18PM
looks like rashad has brain damage.
BeeR
2/9/11 7:29:38AM
he needs to fight machida again so Dr.Dragon can revers the amnesia
BustedKnuckle
2/13/11 12:07:59AM
In Rashads defense, Lyoto knocked the living shite out of him!!!!! He may have legitimate case here. If you got knocked out that hard you might not remember it either!!!??
Boo_Radley21
2/15/11 12:11:32PM
Is he being serious?