Rashad Evans Discusses Beating Jones In Practice,

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rashad Evans Discusses Beating Jones In Practice,
postman
5/17/11 10:28:55PM
Link

I need to talk to you, I think things are getting out of control" I thought it was pretty mature for the young guy instead of just ignoring me. First thing he said was 'I just wanna be the first to tell you is I'm gonna destroy you, I'm gonna annihilate you and I'm gonna show the world you're overrated. I'm gonna punish you and you'll be my first highlight reel knockout' and I just started laughing.

I have not been effected by hype like this since Tito Chuck 2
cowcatcher
5/18/11 1:02:20PM
The more I hear about this the more I'm inclined to think Rashad is the one that's been the class act and Jones has tarnished his image a little. I like Jones a lot better as a fighter, and also did as a person from what I had seen, but the more that comes out, the worse he looks to me. This story seems legit enough, Rashad's a notoriously bad trash talker, and I don't think he could make this up. I'm sure they both had their days at practice where they got the better of the other one, that's just the way it goes. I'll still be taking Jones when and if this fight happens, but he's been starting to show a little of his inner douche lately, and I'm not really buying the golden boy image anymore. I guess it still beats grabbing his crotch during fights, so I haven't been converted to a Rashad fan though. I have to say that I'm getting kind of excited for this fight to happen.
scoozna
5/18/11 1:16:47PM
I always thought that Rashad handled himself pretty well during the TUF season against Rampage. He always seemed to tell it straight while Rampage was being silly and making stuff up just trying to get a rise out of Rashad.

But it still seems implausible to me that Jones is ducking anyone, let alone Rashad.
KungFuMaster
5/18/11 1:53:10PM
If this is true, then I have lost a lot of respect for Bones. I was just beginning to like the guy.

As a fighter, Bones is the real deal. His wrestling and long reach make him very difficult to beat despite his lack of experience and technical skills.

Whether Rashad has beat up Bones in practice or not, there should be some fear in Bones. He is relatively new to the sport and Rashad probably has his number as they are training partners.
State_Champ
5/18/11 4:16:03PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

If this is true, then I have lost a lot of respect for Bones. I was just beginning to like the guy.

As a fighter, Bones is the real deal. His wrestling and long reach make him very difficult to beat despite his lack of experience and technical skills.

Whether Rashad has beat up Bones in practice or not, there should be some fear in Bones. He is relatively new to the sport and Rashad probably has his number as they are training partners.

Wrestling is a skill that requires technique and technical know-how.
KungFuMaster
5/19/11 1:22:10AM

Posted by State_Champ

Wrestling is a skill that requires technique and technical know-how.

Yes, wresting is a technical skill. Thanks for dissecting my statement.

However, the technical skills in which I am referring to are striking and submission/Jiu Jitsu and submission defense. If he can improve in those departments, he would be a whole lot more dangerous than he is now.

Some may say he is a good striker but I personally think he needs a lot of work in that department.