Rashad Evans - His Time Has Come

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rashad Evans - His Time Has Come
aznteabagger
7/6/07 9:07:27AM
Trash Talk? Rashad Evans has heard it all and it doesn’t faze him one bit. But it’s not the incessant smack being delivered by his opponent this Saturday night, Tito Ortiz, that has hardened the light heavyweight contender. Nah, as one of eight children, Evans learned his lessons in the fine art of gamesmanship years ago, before he even stepped into the Octagon.

LINK
casey64
7/6/07 10:29:51AM
I hope Rashad beats Tito.
Canadian-Pain
7/6/07 2:35:28PM
I hope Tito gets beat too, he's nothing but talk in his last few fights. Other then beat on Shamrock, which wasn't impressive. And how boring he was against Cote (He should have whooped his arse) i have lost all confidence in Tito

nubby
7/6/07 3:41:07PM
He did whoop cote's ass it was three rounds of complete domination.
Jujiden
7/6/07 3:42:44PM
The only thing that I have trouble with in this fight is that I believe Evans has fought people who aren't up to his calibur. With Ortiz, regardless if he's a punk or not, he can still fight and fight well. It seems that Evans fights the type of game that Ortiz likes and capitalizes on. Don't get me wrong, I hope Evans wins, but he'll need to bring a game that Tito isn't good at.
bayonetxwork
7/6/07 5:01:17PM

Posted by Jujiden

The only thing that I have trouble with in this fight is that I believe Evans has fought people who aren't up to his calibur. With Ortiz, regardless if he's a punk or not, he can still fight and fight well. It seems that Evans fights the type of game that Ortiz likes and capitalizes on. Don't get me wrong, I hope Evans wins, but he'll need to bring a game that Tito isn't good at.

Agreed. I'm really really pulling for Rashad to win this one, but I see every matchup going in Ortiz's favor.
TOMMYAYO05
7/6/07 5:11:06PM
Tito is just the best at drawing fans and drawing money look at Franca-Sherk no one really cares about that fight because Tito has stolen the spotlight once again....Look at Titos last couple fights they were all really anticipated..With Griffin he sold out the pond...With shamrock he sold out Mandalay....With Shamrock again he drew the biggest rating ever for a fight nite......Tito vs Chuck that was like the biggest anticiapated match in Mma history.Hate Tito Ortiz or love him he is here to stay he is a huge fan favorite and is a great busnissman and fighter.
xphycorx
7/6/07 5:43:40PM
it should be a decent fight, but i think ortiz will win..
BlindBoyGrunt
7/6/07 6:40:32PM
rashad is very overated...who has he fought that is good...much like rich franklin, he looks like a good fighter because hes never fought a good fighter
BeerisGood
7/6/07 7:13:41PM
i realized i have no ko's or tko's for UFC73, is that a possibility???
TOMMYAYO05
7/6/07 7:23:30PM
Anything is possible but i have silva with the tko over nate...but who knows?
nubby
7/6/07 7:54:14PM
I picked Bonnar for a TKO, from steroids :P
TOMMYAYO05
7/6/07 8:37:23PM
Oh yeah i also have Bonnar with a tko
Stills79
7/6/07 8:46:11PM
I have Silva with a knockout in the 3rd and that's it.
Stills79
7/6/07 8:47:56PM

Posted by BlindBoyGrunt

rashad is very overated...who has he fought that is good...much like rich franklin, he looks like a good fighter because hes never fought a good fighter

What do you mean "who has he fought"?? He fought Sean Salmon!!!
komodo20
7/6/07 11:12:59PM
Rashad will beat Tito Ortiz Saturday night.
TOMMYAYO05
7/7/07 3:27:47AM

What do you mean "who has he fought"?? He fought Sean Salmon!!!
\
Sean who??????get real fool