Rashad doesn't deserve to fight Chuck.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rashad doesn't deserve to fight Chuck.
gartface
3/30/08 2:16:26AM
Rashad is undefeated, and has the potential to be champ one day(IMO), but I definitely don't think he deserves to fight Chuck, especially at this stage in his career.
Honestly I think that they should have had Chuck and Machida fight for number 1 contender, and had the Rashad vs Tito rematch.

What are you guys' thoughts?
bls1919
3/30/08 2:19:50AM
wether or not he deserves it is not impotant now. he doesnt make the fights he just shows up. I dont think he will beat Chuck but....wierder things have happened GSP/Serra
ocho-cinco
3/30/08 3:30:54AM
I think Evans deserves to fight Chuck more then Jardine did. Jardine was coming off a first round KO loss to Houston Alexander, when he was given a fight with Liddell. I think Evans is a bit over rated, but he is undefeted, and needs a test like this sometime soon. They are both probably about 2 mabey 3 solid wins away from deserving a title shot. This fight makes alot of sense to me even thought I don't think Evans is on the same level as Chuck, but there is only one way to find out.
cmill21
3/30/08 3:36:03AM
Chuck just came off two losses in a row. He did well against Wand but he's still on the downside of his career(maybe lol).
Kpro
3/30/08 3:39:30AM
I don't think "deserving" to face a fighter matters unless it's a title shot.
grappler0000
3/30/08 8:10:55AM

Posted by Kpro

I don't think "deserving" to face a fighter matters unless it's a title shot.

skinnator
3/30/08 10:21:33AM
Yes you'r right chuck doesn't deserve it but the fight is made and its surely going to be a good one.
kevietre
3/30/08 11:46:58AM
This will be a huge test for Rashad as opposed to Bispng whose now a 185 pounder and Tito who is past his prime. I think Chuck took Jardine lightly which is why he lost, if he does the same to Rashad who trains with Jardine and Greg Jackson then it could happen again. Jackson's camp has the blueprint to beat Liddell which is what Keith did. I don't think Rashad will trade with Chuck too much and Rashad is such a good wrestler I dont think Chuck can stop ALL of his shots.
Lockfrow
3/30/08 12:28:29PM
I dont know if "deserve" has ever factored into it but I sure dont want to see a Tito rematch.
Rush
3/30/08 12:57:30PM
I think Rashad has earned the fight with Chuck. Chuck is the test Rashad needs to determine if he is ready for a title shot.

I kind of agree that Chuck deserves better, but I think Chuck is appropriate for Rashad.
wolfman
3/30/08 1:35:03PM

Posted by cmill21

Chuck just came off two losses in a row. He did well against Wand but he's still on the downside of his career(maybe lol).

Exactly. I am a big fan of Liddell's, but I don't think it is necessary to say that Rashad doesn't deserve to fight Chuck. I also don't think Chuck deserves a title shot, even if he does beat Rashad. If he beats Rashad and Machida, then yeah I think you can say he deserves a shot. Yet, that is a big IF, as I see Machida as a huge threat. He will pose a lot of problems for Chuck and I think Liddell would lose that fight. If they ever do fight, I hope Chuck proves me wrong though. For now, it is one fight at a time and I hope Chuck is focused on Rashad right now. Because, we saw what happened when he underestimated Jardine....
ChokeUout
3/30/08 1:53:05PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by cmill21

Exactly. I am a big fan of Liddell's, but I don't think it is necessary to say that Rashad doesn't deserve to fight Chuck. I also don't think Chuck deserves a title shot, even if he does beat Rashad. If he beats Rashad and Machida, then yeah I think you can say he deserves a shot. Yet, that is a big IF, as I see Machida as a huge threat. He will pose a lot of problems for Chuck and I think Liddell would lose that fight. If they ever do fight, I hope Chuck proves me wrong though. For now, it is one fight at a time and I hope Chuck is focused on Rashad right now. Because, we saw what happened when he underestimated Jardine....

100%
chickmagnet
3/30/08 4:14:58PM
I dont think Chuck will take anyone lightly again like he did Rampage or Jardine. He looked pissed before he fought Wanderlei and that was one of his best performances to date....Ur gonna see a focused, determined Chuck and Im pretty sure Rashad is goin to sleep before the 3rd round.
Ordep
3/30/08 5:58:57PM
"deserve" ... meehhh , dunno

what I won't like is if they glorify him if he wins, Draw (actually lost)w /Tito , Split w/Bisping and if the only chance he has against Chuck is a lackluster MD or SD ... feed him to Thiago if this happens

on the other hand Chuck has a very decent win against Wandy to come back on track but a win against Rashad wont mean much to those who have knowledge but for the casual, posterboy fans and UFC management will be an excuse to put him against Rampage.

Now if Rampage loses against Forrest, I would agree w/ having Chuck facing him, but not for the title just w. Rashad
warglory
3/30/08 9:46:30PM
Rashad has worked his ass off and is a good company man, he deserves to fight Chuck. Besides, like many have said already, Chuck is not a champion anymore, he has equal footing with any other qualified fighter in the division.
NatedawgThaM
3/30/08 10:45:08PM
I know I'm going to hurt a lot of Chucks fans feelings but yes Rashad DOES deserve this fight. Chuck came off two straight losses and just because he beat a man who was coming off two straight losses himself does not mean he's one fight a way from a title shot or should be in a #1 contenders match-up. Rashad is undefeated even though he shouldn't be but Tito couldn't lay off the cage. So I think an undefeated fighter does deserve a big name like Chuck to finally get his stand up tested with a guy with a great sprawl. It's a great fight for both men and makes a lot more sense then Shogun/Chuck just for the simple fact Rashad is undefeated and Shogun is coming off a loss and a win over Shogun would be a step down then a win over Rashad, not a step down in competition, but a step down in the rankings because I guarantee Rashad is ranked higher then Shogun on Joe Silva and Dana White's rankings..

I'm actually going back and forth with this fight. I actually don't see a KO unless it's from a Rashad head kick just because Chuck refuses to block leg kicks, Jeremy Horn could have done so much better if he kept kicking Chuck since they were landing hard but didn't figure out they were working because he was too scared of the punches. I think Rashad can beat him just like Jardine did, and that's by simply kicking him and using that quick boxing to jab away and then jumping in and kicking again and repeating the same process. But I'm just not hooked on Rashad since he wouldn't even stand with Bisping so I'm going with Chuck in a very lackluster decision because I see a lot of sprawling and circling.

I do think age might be catching up with Liddell since Wandy/Jardine stood toe to toe and took his best shots that he dropped Babalu, Randy, and Tito with. But maybe I'm wrong and KO him. Hopefully I am and this is an exciting fight. But I just can't see
hodge
4/7/08 3:08:30PM
Rashad shouldnt be fighting chuck yet i think someone like soko would be better for him.