Rashad vs Dana White after the fight?? hopefully it will iron out

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rashad vs Dana White after the fight?? hopefully it will iron out
www-WeLoan-us
1/26/07 6:40:18PM
Perhaps the most interesting exchange took place after the show at the press conference. When a reporter asked about a prospective match with Evans vs. Keith Jardine, who made a name for himself by knocking out Forrest Griffin on Dec. 30 in Las Vegas, UFC President Dana White said that sounded like a great idea. Evans shot back that he trains regularly with Jardine in Albuquerque, and he would never fight him. White said that if he made the match, he’d fight him. Evans shot back that he would not, and the awkward exchange ended at that point.

the-james
1/28/07 7:24:28PM
yeah i heard about that.

I wonder if rashad is tryiing to pull the old tito "i wont fight chuck thing" or if they really dont want to fight eachother
D-Boy
1/28/07 7:29:35PM
Takes some balls to say no to Dana White, when Pete Spratt was offered the title shot against Huges and he said he wasn't ready he didn't get invited back for a long time.
Hwarang
1/28/07 7:35:38PM
if they would fight then i think Jardine would rip his head off
scoozna
1/28/07 9:36:01PM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us
...Evans shot back that he trains regularly with Jardine in Albuquerque, and he would never fight him. White said that if he made the match, he’d fight him. Evans shot back that he would not, and the awkward exchange ended at that point.

I don't know...I'm not a professional, but if you train with someone who is also a top contender in the UFC, doesn't the thought come into your mind that you may face them someday? Who does he think he is that he can turn that down? If Jardine were a nobody then maybe...but as long as White picks fights without some explicit ranking to decide who fights who...get your butt in the cage.
Svartorm
1/28/07 11:46:12PM
I agree with Evans. Depending on the people, it can make things very awkward to fight someone you train with, as it divides not only the two fighters, but the fight camp as well. Some people are cool with it, like Kerr and Coleman in the GP, where they both said they would fight each other even though they're friends, but some are not.
hippysmacker
1/29/07 12:06:01AM
I agree as long as both fighters don't want to fight eachother. I know I couldn't unleash on a close friend or brother like I could against someone I don't know well or don't like. Wandy and Shogun don't fight for this same reason. Some people will fight anybody, thast' their personality. I think even among professionals it's probably a lot less than we think.
Playground_Samurai
1/29/07 12:54:37AM
These fighters are always saying they want to entertain the fans. I am not entertained by watching the well known fighters with credentials fighting no names just sent in to get there a** kicked. (Sean Salmon) What kind of main event was that? How does Salmon make a main event? Everybody needs to work there way up and eventually get to fight a top notch fighter, so i'm not hating the fact that they fought, I just don't want to see it as a main event. I want to see the top contenders in each division pitted against each other, and Evans and Jardine are definatly amongst the few in the LHWs. If Evans doesnt wanna fight, he shouldnt be in the fight game.
Sticksta13
1/29/07 1:29:34AM
is there a vid up anywhere?
hippysmacker
1/29/07 2:30:27AM
I just want to add that in addition to being close friends with Jardine, the fact that they are on the same team and train together makes this even more unlikely. What would they do, split the Jackson camp, and have half train each? Would Jackson give each advice on how to defeat eachother? It makes it more palatible that they don't fight eachother IMO .
madmarck
1/29/07 1:00:37PM

Posted by Hwarang

if they would fight then i think Jardine would rip his head off

? you mean like the way he did on TUF? Rashad would still win but like he said, the fight wont happen cuz the guys are training partners.
thelastking
1/29/07 1:09:50PM
If they are both top contenders they should have to fight each other. The fact that they train with each other and are friends should not matter.
titlefight
1/29/07 2:21:31PM
This comes up alot in the better camps. I was talking with Bob Cook of AKA about Kosh and Fitch and the posibility of them having to fight.

Cook said they would fight if it was for a title. I asked well who would have to train somewhere else who would get the corner men ect.

He just laughed and said they both beat the shit out of eachother in here everyday, so why not do it for money.....we could flip a coin for corner men.

Sounds like at AKA they would just train both guys the same, high five eachother in the back before the bout, look at eachother across the cage and smile, then come out and battle like they do everyday in training camp.....only this time its in front of 15,000 fans and who knows how many PPV buys.

But at the end of the day the belt comes back to AKA!!!!!
pv3Hpv3p
2/2/07 2:33:42PM
If Aleks E was a top contender for the Pride HW belt and fedor refused to fight his little brother (even though they don't train together anymore, but obvioudly have a different bond), would you say that Fedor should get out of the fight game or get his ass in the cage(ring)?

Not comparing Rashad to Fedor, just that I think it's tough to fight to your full potential when something like a strong friendship stands in the way....

Rumor: I heard that Rahsad said that if Dana wanted him to fight Keith, then he would move back up to HW
loller90278
2/2/07 2:50:46PM
i think its better if they fight each other, if one wins, the other will train much harder and both will improve.. i'd bring out all i had if i was fighting a close friend/brother/mother..

whoever the person is..
Pyrenus
2/2/07 2:53:39PM
Dana said the event was blown out of proportion a little, there is no bad blood between Dana white and Rashad.
GladE8R
2/2/07 4:30:35PM
I think that if a fighter KNOWS he cant do his best or fight his hardest against a freind, than it his responsibility to HIMSELF to refuse the fight. It is as much an issue of safety as it is being professional.

It is alot different than saying he isnt READY for a fight. If it were you, and your friend and training partner, who KNEW EVERYTHING about you personally, as well as in a fight, actually was fighting you in a ranked match....Well lets just say it would be a bad deal for everyone involved, and could mess up 2 careers, and completely destroy an entire camp.

Besides, Dana has too much invested in Rashaad right now to hide him away from the world. So, Dana would be smart to keep them seperated. There are plenty of other LHW's out there to fight anyway. Oh yeah, and this guy name "Liddell" I think thats his name...isnt going to lose to either of the fighters we are talking about.
Playground_Samurai
2/2/07 6:02:40PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

If Aleks E was a top contender for the Pride HW belt and fedor refused to fight his little brother (even though they don't train together anymore, but obvioudly have a different bond), would you say that Fedor should get out of the fight game or get his ass in the cage(ring)?

Not comparing Rashad to Fedor, just that I think it's tough to fight to your full potential when something like a strong friendship stands in the way....

Rumor: I heard that Rahsad said that if Dana wanted him to fight Keith, then he would move back up to HW

You make a good point. I may have came off a little to strong on my comments. Rashad is a great athlete and fighter, and he definatly belongs in the fight game. However, I think he would be making a big mistake if he wouldn't take a fight Dana set up. It would be a great matchup and people will definatly want to see the fight. He's in the UFC to fight, and that's the name of the game.

The Emelianko's is a different situation all together though. They are actually brothers, and I think almost anybody would find it hard to fight there own blood. I may sound contradictive to my above statement, but this is just my opinion. Intelligent, mature, friends should be able to handle the business side of fighting and come out still being great friends. However, I don't think alot of people would want to step in and beat up one of their own family members, buisness or not. Hard to explain, but i'm sure you understand my point.