Rapping with Rousey

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rapping with Rousey
Bubbles
3/28/12 12:42:27PM
(Rowdy) Ronda Rousey has become the rage in women’s professional mixed martial arts, undefeated in five bouts, none of which have gone a full round, and each time forcing his opponent to submit via an armbar. She recently beat Miesha Tate to win the Strikeforce bantamweight championship after calling out the champion to earn a title fight, which didn’t sit well with her opponent, but she proved her mettle.

Rousey, who became the first American to win an Olympic medal in judo when she won a bronze at the 2008 Games in Beijing, spoke to sportsnet.ca about a variety of topics.

In this first of two segments, she talks about Twitter, her upcoming training session with Cesar Gracie, the notorious Diaz brothers and Chael Sonnen’s involvement in her career.

SN.ca: What’s the difference between being an Olympic bronze medalist and a world champion in mixed martial arts?

RR: I think they’re just different. I took a lot of pride in the Olympics because that was a goal of mine for a longer amount of time and I felt that was not something bigger than me. I felt like I was representing my country, but as for the belt, personally that was more fun and cool because I got more money and attention for it. I liked it in a different way, one had a little bit more recognition and the other had a little bit more pride.

SN.ca: How important is Twitter to you because you have more than 50,000 followers, which is quite a large number?

RR: My sister, Maria, does social networking for ESPN and she’s always reiterating to me how important that is in developing yourself and your brand and being in touch with your fans and getting information out there. I know it’s important and I know that a lot of other athletes don’t see how social networking can help them and they neglect it, but I’ve been lucky enough to get started early and there’s been a snowball effect and I’m really excited about how things have turned out.

full interview here
grappler0000
3/29/12 11:05:12PM

(Rowdy) Ronda Rousey has become the rage in women’s professional mixed martial arts, undefeated in five bouts, none of which have gone a full round, and each time forcing his opponent to submit via an armbar.

Oops

Bubbles
3/29/12 11:51:09PM