WW Top Ranking

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » WW Top Ranking
NewGuy
8/9/08 5:26:30AM
Here’s a question I have been pondering.

I have GSP ranked #1, Fitch #2 and Alves #3

If GSP beats Fitch, like I think he is going to, does that drop Fitch out of the #2 spot. He will have been beaten by the #1 ranked fighter but Fitch has beaten Alves in the past. So should Fitch drop below Alves or stay in the #2 spot.

I am just curious what everyone thinks.
RandyCouture
8/9/08 9:25:08AM
I think that Fitch would stay in the number 2 spot. If he loses to GSP then he will be like franklin the gate keeper of the WW division. He beat alves so imo he wont drop below him.
postman
8/9/08 10:15:23AM
No he would drop below Alves thats just the way it works. It also depends on who is doing the rankings.
MMAcca
8/9/08 10:56:31AM

Posted by RandyCouture

I think that Fitch would stay in the number 2 spot. If he loses to GSP then he will be like franklin the gate keeper of the WW division. He beat alves so imo he wont drop below him.

Fitch is gatekeeper for the WW division ??!!

WTF are you mad How can the 2nd best guy be the gatekeeper ????????????????????????????????????????????
Playground_Samurai
8/9/08 11:10:59AM
Well if you aren't just referring to the UFC specifically, you can throw Jake Shields into the mix. I have him ranked #3 right now behind Fitch at #2. If GSP wins tonight, i'm gonna switch those two around.
postman
8/9/08 11:37:16AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by RandyCouture

WTF are you mad How can the 2nd best guy be the gatekeeper ????????????????????????????????????????????

murphy_16
8/9/08 1:24:04PM

Posted by postman

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by RandyCouture

i would be having maybe the gate keeper of the WW dividion Matt Hughes
DevonFoxy
8/9/08 1:26:54PM
Koscheck should be number 3 hands down. The only person he has lost to since Fickett back in 2005 is the #1 fighter in the world in GSP. Heck I think you could even argue that he is number 2 personally.