Ranger Up Out as UFC/Strikeforce Sponsor

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ranger Up Out as UFC/Strikeforce Sponsor
FastKnockout
7/20/11 2:05:06PM
With Strikeforce recently adding a "sponsor fee" in the vein of the UFC, some sponsors are now unable to advertise in the Strikeforce cage. One of them is Ranger Up, who has decided to step away from sponsoring fighters in Strikeforce for the time being. This affects two of their fighters competing in events over the next couple of months - Tim Kennedy and Liz Carmouche.

LINK
bojangalz
7/20/11 2:07:35PM
I understand Zuffa has a business to run. But you'd think for all of the work they do with the wounded worriers project that Ranger Up would get a pass here.
Patchedup15
7/20/11 3:18:31PM

Posted by bojangalz

I understand Zuffa has a business to run. But you'd think for all of the work they do with the wounded worriers project that Ranger Up would get a pass here.

Why would they get a pass?
Svartorm
7/21/11 5:00:42PM

Posted by Patchedup15

Posted by bojangalz

Why would they get a pass?

Gray area. They're pro-military, but also a company based on profit, not charity. Cool idea, but no different than any other company when it comes down to it.