Randy, Mir, Fedor, Nog

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Randy, Mir, Fedor, Nog
haggiswashere
9/5/08 3:50:25PM
I was reading on a forum that i can't find again and someone was bashing Randy saying the only reason randy was considered good is because he beat sylvia for the title and he was going on about how good Fedor is. Well i thought about it and i realized that Randy, Mir, Fedor, and Nog all got the titles they have now or the titles they held at one point (in mir's case) FROM TIM SYLVIA! So i wanted to tell that kid off cause Sylvia is the only tough guy Fedor has fought in over a year. I love Fedor and Randy but i just thought it was funny that this guy thought he was smart. I hope he reads this
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Taylor8766
9/5/08 4:04:04PM
wow I never realized that before, that's interesting
jiujitsufreak74
9/5/08 4:12:05PM
i love how people think Hong Man Choi is a joke. the guy is a giant, and he is a K-1 fighter that has a win over Semmy Schilt (arguable the best K-1 fighter of all time). Fedor had to deal with over 100lbs + 1ft difference and a fighter who's punch has been acclaimed by JLB to be 4 times harder than those of Peter Aerts, a world class striker. i am not saying i disagree with the rest of your post, but to say that Sylvia is the only real opponent Fedor has faced in the past year is just mind boggling to me.
cowcatcher
9/5/08 4:14:24PM
big = freakshow in many peoples eyes and after seeing giant silva fight i can see why, but you are dead on here, HMC is not only huge, but knows how to throw leather, and is not the standard big guy that cant fight.
mkiv9secsupra
9/5/08 5:46:58PM
Wow what a load of hypocritical bs...

Fedor isnt good because he destroyed HMC(a hardcore kickboxer) and Sylvia

but

Randy IS good because he beat GG(who lost because he gassed) and Sylvia.

postman
9/5/08 6:18:37PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

but

GG lost cause he was out classed. There is no way you can say GG was the better fighter that night if only he hadn't gassed thats BS!
ohiostate1016
9/5/08 6:27:30PM
Of course we all know what this is going to lead to...Tim Sylvia vs. Hong Man Choi for the right to fight Fedor once again, and to see if one of them can last a round this time.
mkiv9secsupra
9/5/08 6:31:39PM

Posted by postman

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

but

GG lost cause he was out classed. There is no way you can say GG was the better fighter that night if only he hadn't gassed thats BS!

im saying that beating GG does not have more or less merit than beating HMC. I was making the point of HMC had tools to beat Fedor and GG had the tools to beat Randy. The reasons GG lost is beside the point. And how could you have known that if the fight had gone on with GG that he could not have been subbed or ko'd. The fact is GG lost and was outclassed ,yes, but imo it was mainly due to his cardio.
postman
9/5/08 6:38:09PM
I see what you are sayin. I was a little lost. I still think Randy was the better fight and his Cardio was a factor but Randy wasn't going to lose that fight.
mkiv9secsupra
9/5/08 6:43:44PM

Posted by postman

I see what you are sayin. I was a little lost. I still think Randy was the better fight and his Cardio was a factor but Randy wasn't going to lose that fight.

i agree. Randy was the better fighter. We knew Randy was better and we knew HMC was better i was just trying to make the comparison between the two's loss is all.
rhammer
9/5/08 9:23:05PM

Your absolutely right and that is how pathetic the heavyweight division is right now - no one will touch Fedor in the next couple of years.

How pathetic would be a re-match between Fedor and Sylvia. It was a no contest before the bell even rang.
cdnpride1
9/6/08 1:37:29PM
that fight would of been a different story with GG and randy if randy wouldnt of slammed him and broke his nose.
cmill21
9/6/08 2:44:33PM
Fedor's still the Pride HW champ to. Good point though, Big Tim is a very good fighter, Randy just stayed on him, Nog did what he always does, and Fedor is an animal. Again I would much rather fight Big Tim then HMC, if someone could post up a pic of Fedors face after that fight it would be a good indicator as to how much power there is behind his punches, he landed like three from guard and it did some big damage.
george112
9/6/08 2:56:21PM
Who has couture fought in the past year??

gonzaga-who was over-hyped anyways cause of the cro cop fiasco

sylvia-who we knew only had one thing goin for him; size

Fedor beat sylvia EASILY.where as Couture took it to a decision.

Also theres alot of Tim bashing now.(im not sayin in this particular thread).but i remember in the not to distant past.how people wanted to see fedor vs tim so bad.

The-Don
9/7/08 4:26:43PM

Posted by cdnpride1

that fight would of been a different story with GG and randy if randy wouldnt of slammed him and broke his nose.

But he did...

honestly that is a stupid thing to say...

HH could have beat brock if brock did not hit him...

HMC could have beat Fedor if Fedor did not armbar him

Liddel could have beaten Rashad if that punch landed and Rashads did not..

What happened is what happened.. there are no what if's...