Randy and fedor nearly fought in 2000

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Randy and fedor nearly fought in 2000
keith-hackney1
6/13/07 6:32:50PM
In rings, do you ever wonder that if TK hadn't cut Fedor with an illegal elbow Fedor would have faced Randy in the Rings finals ????
hippysmacker
6/13/07 6:44:23PM
That's a good point, I never thought about that. There are both better fighter's now, so If it happens, it will probably be a lot more entertaining today.
keith-hackney1
6/13/07 6:54:00PM

Posted by hippysmacker

That's a good point, I never thought about that. There are both better fighter's now, so If it happens, it will probably be a lot more entertaining today.

The only good thing that they didnt is because couture wasnt up on submissions back then, he would of been easily submitted by fedor, but to happen now, fedor proclaimed unbeatable and couture in best shape of his carrer at 44, superb mma throughout !!!!!!
johny_rotten
6/13/07 8:25:57PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by hippysmacker

The only good thing that they didnt is because couture wasnt up on submissions back then, he would of been easily submitted by fedor, but to happen now, fedor proclaimed unbeatable and couture in best shape of his carrer at 44, superb mma throughout !!!!!!

It would have been great if they fought, but I wouldn't give it to much credit if it did take place. Rings had some crazy rules. They couldn't strike a downed opponet to the face even with punches. It is like the old days of pancrase with the thai pads.

Hopefully Randy will get past GG, and we can see this fight with real MMA rules.
richieb19
6/13/07 11:45:10PM
To be completely honest though, I doubt Fedor would have gotten past TK that even if it wasn't stopped on a cut... There where no strikes to the head on the ground, and as good as Fedor is with submission, TK is lightyears ahead... plus you don't really wanna be in a guy like TK's guard if you can't punch him...
kaduey
6/14/07 10:33:57AM

Posted by richieb19

To be completely honest though, I doubt Fedor would have gotten past TK that even if it wasn't stopped on a cut... There where no strikes to the head on the ground, and as good as Fedor is with submission, TK is lightyears ahead... plus you don't really wanna be in a guy like TK's guard if you can't punch him...

Fedor was and is a better striker and submission expert than TK.
Leland
6/14/07 10:37:31AM
If Fedor works things out with Dana, I'd like to see him VS the winner of randy/gonzaga! then maybe andrei get a shot at fedor (if he wins), then CC if he bounces back.
CornishMMA
6/14/07 12:40:06PM
Yeah this just adds to the fairytale story, Randy VS Fedor HAS TO HAPPEN, FACT

I dont care if Randy loses to GG, his last fight should be against Fedor so that if he wins he is the BEST EVER but if he loses then there is no shame in bowing out like that
blkssncpt
6/14/07 1:24:55PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Yeah this just adds to the fairytale story, Randy VS Fedor HAS TO HAPPEN, FACT

I dont care if Randy loses to GG, his last fight should be against Fedor so that if he wins he is the BEST EVER but if he loses then there is no shame in bowing out like that

his fight should happen no matter what id like to see randy give another younger champion awake call... hope this happens then maybe AA vs. CC or Fedor.
Ultimate_fighter
6/14/07 2:18:47PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by richieb19

agreed, fedor is a monster. But Randy made Sylvia look like a amatuer... this fight now would be good. I hope UFC gets fedor...
richieb19
6/14/07 3:07:29PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by richieb19

A better striker yes, and according to today MMA rules far better all around... but in Rings, TK would most likely have smoked him... I honestly don't know where some of you guys come up with your "Fedor has the best striking/groundgame" shit, you must obviously not know TK all that well...
kerazzle
6/14/07 11:04:12PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by kaduey

Posted by richieb19

A better striker yes, and according to today MMA rules far better all around... but in Rings, TK would most likely have smoked him... I honestly don't know where some of you guys come up with your "Fedor has the best striking/groundgame" shit, you must obviously not know TK all that well...

well I dont see how u can say that Fedor wouldnt be able to hang in TK's guard when he did that with Nogueira, easily getting out of every sub attempt for 20 minutes. Granted ppl dont give TK enough credit, the guy is a legend in his own right but I think you overestimate him just a tad bit. You are entitled to your opinion tho and who knows, you might be right.
kaduey
6/15/07 12:14:57AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by kaduey

Posted by richieb19

I've seen TK fight many times. I've also watched many matches in RINGS. Fedor proves that he is an amazing striker and has one of the better ground games in mma. Fedor dominates. TK gets beat up. Koshaka is a legend but he never had what it took to go with Fedor.
richieb19
6/15/07 12:46:10AM

Posted by kerazzle

Posted by richieb19

Posted by kaduey

Posted by richieb19

well I dont see how u can say that Fedor wouldnt be able to hang in TK's guard when he did that with Nogueira, easily getting out of every sub attempt for 20 minutes. Granted ppl dont give TK enough credit, the guy is a legend in his own right but I think you overestimate him just a tad bit. You are entitled to your opinion tho and who knows, you might be right.

But what youre failing to realize is that Fedor met Nogueira in Pride, where his GnP was way too much for Nog to handle, and the same thing happened to TK when he met Fedor in Pride... however in rings, with no punches to the head on the ground, it's a much different story, and TK has Rings rules down to a science...
cowcatcher
6/15/07 12:51:05AM
richie has a point here, tks subs were unbelievable, and without gnp as an option fedor would have had a tough time regardless of the cut, but i think it could have gone either way had it continued. im sick of just talking about fedor though, damn i want to see him fight again and soon
richieb19
6/15/07 12:56:14AM

Posted by cowcatcher

richie has a point here, tks subs were unbelievable, and without gnp as an option fedor would have had a tough time regardless of the cut, but i think it could have gone either way had it continued. im sick of just talking about fedor though, damn i want to see him fight again and soon

Hopefully Barnett will get his deserved title shot...
cowcatcher
6/15/07 12:57:47AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by cowcatcher

i feel like ive mentioned that 1000 times on here and im hoping for the same thing
richieb19
6/15/07 1:02:23AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by richieb19

Posted by cowcatcher

i feel like ive mentioned that 1000 times on here and im hoping for the same thing

Well it doesn't look like Barnett wants anything with going over to the UFC, and who knows what next for Pride, if anything... It would be a great match up, Fedor hasn't faced too many big names in over a year now, and I think Barnett may just have what it takes for the upset... It would be a good one for sure...

I'm kinda pissed though that Nog went to the UFC, cause more than anything I was looking forward to a 3rd (4th, 5th, 6th, etc...) match between him and Josh...
cowcatcher
6/15/07 1:04:58AM
i cant argue with you on that one, hopefully dana works his magic again and can rebuild another burnt bridge
kaduey
6/15/07 10:22:43AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by kerazzle

Posted by richieb19

Posted by kaduey

Posted by richieb19

But what youre failing to realize is that Fedor met Nogueira in Pride, where his GnP was way too much for Nog to handle, and the same thing happened to TK when he met Fedor in Pride... however in rings, with no punches to the head on the ground, it's a much different story, and TK has Rings rules down to a science...

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there also a time limit for the fighters whewn they hit the ground in RINGS?