Northrend
3/4/07 2:49:48AM
No way man haha, love Randy but comeon
MartyMorgy
3/4/07 3:00:18AM
Randy wouldn't make it out of Round 1.
hippysmacker
3/4/07 4:02:57AM
Randy is my all-time favorite, but cmon. This is fedor, all Randy's advantages ( but Greco-Roman wrestling only) are gone. Fedor did say in an interview that Randy was one of the fighters he admired most, but I don't think Randy will still be around by the time that Fedor fight's people in the UFC.

Here the part about Randy from an interview on Fedor's offcial website

RI: So, who did you admire?

FE: I admired, and I greatly respected, and still do, Oleg Taktarov. He might not have won every time, and maybe his technique was not, well, but I like his heart, his desire to win. I always liked Igor Vovchanchyn. I also, of course, admire Randy Couture, who never used illegal moves, and became the champion of the world in UFC at the age of 43, I think, in the under 93 kg (205 lb.) bracket. That’s definitely a man with great courage and great talent.

Fedor and Randy are 2 of the classsiest guys ever, I don't know if would even want to see them fight.
Stickan
3/4/07 6:22:59AM
Fedor isn't afraid to strike with grapplers. Just like Chuck isn't. Randy might take Fedor down but he's not keeping him there and Fedor will punish him brutally every time he tries to close in.
Why does this sound like what I said about Sylvia - Couture!??! Nevermind. THIS fight Couture can't win.

And like hippy said, I never want to see the classiest guys of the sport bust each other open.
dstlvb
3/4/07 9:31:53AM
I think the difference between Tim and Fedor is style. Randy said that Tim doesnt push the fight and that would be his downfall. He was right. That is not the case with Fedor. Fedor pushes the fight constantly. He is also much quicker than Tim. Tim is slow in the ring, his punches are slow. Randy saw that and knew he could avoid the jab, espically since Tim was going to come foward with it.
conky149er
3/4/07 9:34:47AM
UFC fans always make me laugh. PRIDE IS THE BEST. fedor would win by TKO 2min in to hte first round
AchillesHeel
3/4/07 11:10:22AM
I knew this thread would be here somewhere when I logged on this morning...

Posted by conky149er

New fans always make me laugh. FEDOR IS THE BEST. fedor would win by TKO 2min in to hte first round

You had a couple of typos in your post. I fixed them for you.
Someguy
3/4/07 11:41:19AM
I love Randy but Fedor would win by flying gogoplata before the first bell is even rung.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/4/07 2:38:11PM

Posted by conky149er

UFC fans always make me laugh. PRIDE IS THE BEST. fedor would win by TKO 2min in to hte first round

I love Pride but you are an Idiot sir. Go back to sherdog.

Fedor would own randy IMO
poll77
3/4/07 6:09:58PM
i wouldn't mind seeing it but i dont think randy can pull this one off
ButterBalls
3/4/07 6:14:35PM
Ok guys be serious....beating Timmmaaay is one thing. Beating Fedor is another.

gimmper
3/4/07 6:48:59PM
I think we all know the answer to that question...If you believe for one moment that Randy would beat Fedor you are in essence forgetting Fedor's accomplishments...Fedor beat Cro-Cop...Cro-cop would and will Kill Randy when they meet. Props to Randy and all that he has done. But keep it real....
jdubs
3/4/07 10:19:08PM
TheArtOfWar
3/4/07 10:51:31PM

Posted by Huckit

i think randy would take it now

Come on! Are you seriously thinking Fedor and Sylvia are the same level?
I respect Randy but i don t think he can beat Crocop.
Let this match happen and after we'll know if he can face Fedor!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
joesmouta
3/5/07 9:05:49AM
The proof is in the puddin'. You just never know until you see it yourself. There is a reason they have them fight you know. Lil' Nog, Wandy, Tim, Sobral...all recent additions to the "WHAT THE F&&K JUST HAPPENED?" club
wkm311
3/5/07 12:34:35PM
Im not going to say that Randy has no chance, but fedor would most likely take it.
madmarck
3/5/07 12:49:39PM

Posted by joesmouta

The proof is in the puddin'. You just never know until you see it yourself. There is a reason they have them fight you know. Lil' Nog, Wandy, Tim, Sobral...all recent additions to the "WHAT THE F&&K JUST HAPPENED?" club

Dont forget Gomi, And hell Throw in Forrest too.
cowcatcher
3/5/07 1:13:26PM
betting with my head and not heart cost me $ on here when tim fought randy, and although i think randy is unbelievable, my head wins this one too. fedor should win this fight easily, but the past couple of weeks have shown why mma is so great, anyone can win on any given night.
mkiv9secsupra
3/5/07 2:03:23PM
HHAAAA!!!!! With the pace that Fedor has in his fights if Couture isnt KTFO'ed in the first round the he will be gassed out! Randy would probly have a heart attack just on the way to the ring...
BloodandTears
3/5/07 5:36:15PM
Huh, is this thread a joke? Cause I dont think its funny!
hathcock32
3/5/07 6:01:14PM

Posted by BloodandTears

Huh, is this thread a joke? Cause I dont think its funny!

No its not a joke there both the champions of the 2 biggest MMA organizations. No matter how dominate Fedor has been, the match can be discussed becuase their 2 champions. I would never question Randy's conditioning at 43, although at times he looked a little tired in the Sylvia fight, it was his first fight back in a year. IMO i think Randy can hang with Fedor. Do i think he can beat him, I dunno. Thats what i love about the sport. Thinking that this match is a joke is wrong.
mkiv9secsupra
3/5/07 6:28:52PM
with randys age you have to question his conditioning...he was slowed against sylvia and sylvia doesnt push the fight not even half as much as fedor does. tim comes out and throws some jabs and occasionally throws a haymaker and hopes it lands. fedor comes out throwing lefts and rights one after another until either they fall down or he takes them down. and as soon as they hit the floor fedor starts hitting his opponent non stop. randy just cannot hang with that pace at his age. i dont doubt that fedor could take randy at his prime even.
loller90278
3/5/07 6:59:57PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

with randys age you have to question his conditioning...he was slowed against sylvia and sylvia doesnt push the fight not even half as much as fedor does. tim comes out and throws some jabs and occasionally throws a haymaker and hopes it lands. fedor comes out throwing lefts and rights one after another until either they fall down or he takes them down. and as soon as they hit the floor fedor starts hitting his opponent non stop. randy just cannot hang with that pace at his age. i dont doubt that fedor could take randy at his prime even.

perfectty said
gimmper
3/5/07 7:53:45PM
Sometimes people will talk just to hear their there own voice...sometimes they will type just to build their own hype...Odds on fedor vs Ice 50 to 1....Fedor has destroyed fighters that Ice would never consider fighting. Rampage will beat Ice...Ryoto will beat Ice...I could keep going but am not here to humiliate...only enlighten...thank you
jocksmall
3/5/07 8:06:39PM

Posted by Huckit

i think randy would take it now

randy is not any better today than he was yesterday.
tim was exposed just like randy said prior to the fight.
fedor would overpower randy. on the ground or standing. im not saying randy wouldnt have a chance its a fight and randy is a great fighter. but fedor, cmon it must be trendy to call out fedor.
zephead
3/5/07 8:09:49PM
Any given Saturday Night
jocksmall
3/5/07 8:09:50PM

Posted by gimmper

Sometimes people will talk just to hear their there own voice...sometimes they will type just to build their own hype...Odds on fedor vs Ice 50 to 1....Fedor has destroyed fighters that Ice would never consider fighting. Rampage will beat Ice...Ryoto will beat Ice...I could keep going but am not here to humiliate...only enlighten...thank you

well you are going a bit far. i can tell your not an odds maker because you would be broke.
Pages: [1] 2