Randy Couture Willing to Go Back to the UFC if They Sign Fedor Emelianenko

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Randy Couture Willing to Go Back to the UFC if They Sign Fedor Emelianenko
Bemin
3/8/08 11:26:07PM
On the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show Randy Couture stated that he would be willing to go back to the UFC if they sign, now free agent Fedor Emelianenko. Couture also stated that if he did go back to the UFC that it wouldn't be under his current contract. He said a new contract would have to be worked out. Couture has stated many times that Fedor is the only fight he wants. The current interim heavyweight champion is Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Dana White has offered that fight to Couture on more than one occasion, but its not likely that Couture would take that fight considering his statements about only wanting to fight Fedor in the past.

Link
SpiderSilva
3/8/08 11:29:44PM
Man this is starting to get old Courture is not nice for doing this I still would like to see him vs Big Nog as this would be a great fight as well
NatedawgThaM
3/8/08 11:31:43PM
Complete bullcrap. NEW CONTRACT? That's freakin stupid. The stupidest thing I ever heard come out of Randy's mouth because if you didn't know. Randy was the one who made his last contract with the UFC and came out and nowhere and beat Big Tim.

The UFC is being to nice to him. Make him finish this contract that he himself made especially since your gracious enough to actually give him Fedor if you can get him.

Randy's spoiled rotten.
Twenty20Dollars
3/8/08 11:38:08PM
What does he want a one fight contract. a fight with fedor and win or lose he can retire after he fights fedor and be done with his contract
BlazinSaddle
3/8/08 11:56:51PM
Cant wait til he fights Fedor in Dream or UFC and gets beat into retirement, refusing to fight nog like he isnt worth fighting... i thought Randy was suppose to be in the PRIME OF HIS CAREER? is he really using the old man excuse of only having one fight left in him but he wants to fight the greatest heavyweight of all time? give me a break Randy finish your contract and honor your commitments unlike previous marriages of corse
hails
3/9/08 12:40:37AM
Man, really this is gettings so old!!!!

I wish they could get their shit sorted out and be over this whole Fedor v Randy crap!!!
loller90278
3/9/08 1:40:44AM
i don't even care about this fight anymore..

randy cant even get past big nog in my eyes
cmill21
3/9/08 1:46:04AM
I don't think Randy will be back with the UFC then lol. No way he'll sign for anything less then 99% of what he wants and he's asking aloooooot.
snakeplissken
3/9/08 3:04:25AM
I tell you what would be hilarious. UFC sign Fedor and then release Randy. Ha what would he do about his 'only fight he wants' then?
MMAcca
3/9/08 4:56:25AM
Randy needs to grow up if he wants to play with/fight the bigger boys.......
xAcidburNx
3/9/08 6:28:37AM
ill put money on randy giving in
mrsmiley
3/9/08 8:16:36AM

Posted by snakeplissken

I tell you what would be hilarious. UFC sign Fedor and then release Randy. Ha what would he do about his 'only fight he wants' then?

I might have to mention that in my next article
Porch28
3/9/08 8:36:06AM
You know what Randy is starting to get a little crazy. If the UFC signs Fedor then there should only be 1 response and that is I'm coming back to fight him thats it nothing else.He signed the contract in the first place nobody forced him to so I don't feel bad for him in that regard. Just do what you said you've been wanting to do .FIGHT FEDOR!!!!!!!!!!
disorderlyvision
3/9/08 11:09:05AM
Randy: "its not about the money, i just want to fight fedor and the ufc didnt sign him so i,m out"

well fedor is a free agent and the ufc has another shot at getting him.

randy: "oh, umm well yeah i'll fight fedor but i want more money and a new contract."

anyone still say its not about the money?
jiujitsufreak74
3/9/08 11:32:13AM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Randy: "its not about the money, i just want to fight fedor and the ufc didnt sign him so i,m out"

randy: "oh, umm well yeah i'll fight fedor but i want more money and a new contract."

pretty much sums it up right there
MALICE
3/9/08 11:35:26AM

Posted by disorderlyvision

My exact thoughts. This whole time Randy has been giving his excuses for his resignation.

I'm being disrespected.
The UFC didn't follow the contract.
It's not about the money, it's about the sport and the fighters.
I just want to fight Fedor.
It's not about the money.

Randy has lost a great deal of respect from me. In my eyes, this whole thing has been Randy, and only Randy. What does Randy pursuing a fight with Fedor have anything to do with the sport?

Now he has the stones to say he will not fight unless a new contract is made. C'MON RANDY!!!!! You are making yourself look like an absolute ARS!! If it's not about the money, you don't need a new contract then, do you?

It would be insanely ironic, and hilarious if the UFC signed Fedor and denied Randy a fight with Fedor. The UFC of course would never do this, but it is what I think Randy deserves. But I hope the UFC is very strict with Randy, if this ever does happen,

JimiMak
3/9/08 3:07:53PM
the first time he pulled this I agreed w/ him. The second time, ehhhhh.... This is the third time. He's not interested in furthuring the sport, or he'd fight Nog, he's interested in his retiredment purse (like he needs it). I also hope they get Fedor and don't let them fight unless Randy can get past Nog.
mikevolz
3/9/08 5:17:48PM
i think randy sees something in fedors game he can capitalize on. i also think he wants NOTHING to do with nog. I think nog would eat him alive.
silverbullet
3/9/08 6:53:23PM
prima donna
D-Money34
3/9/08 8:29:11PM
This all doesn't matter because everyone already knows Fedor doesn't lose, Randy will get rolled up if he fights Fedor. Suggestion for Randy: DON'T FIGHT FEDOR, HE IS A ROBOT AND YOU WILL NOT WIN!!!
Btews22
3/9/08 10:26:08PM
bubba is the man!!!!
it was a great interview i listen every day
brutalbones
3/9/08 11:27:56PM
Randy would fold Fedor and Nog. The UFC is probably going to pay him to do both.
Kracker_Jap
3/10/08 12:52:57AM
This whole thing reminds me of the cold war!!
telnights
3/10/08 2:26:43AM
I hope this will finally show people that this wasn't really about Fedor it was about money and the big pay day for Randy.
D-Money34
3/10/08 3:53:41PM
Maybe Nog, but not Fedor....