Randy Couture willing to return to LHW for Machida

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Randy Couture willing to return to LHW for Machida
scobac
7/19/09 2:17:15PM
Could a drop to 205 pounds be in UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture’s future?

How realistic a move that is may be left to fans’ speculation, but “The Natural” has made one thing certain – he is intrigued by the possibility of stepping into the Octagon against UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida.

Link
george112
7/19/09 3:52:19PM
Machida by destruction
zephead
7/19/09 4:45:23PM
Dirty boxing at it's finest
joshryanshepherd
7/19/09 4:59:55PM
I never count Randy out against anyone, hes a gamer and would come in with a great blue print on how to take out Ryoto.
Giant_Ochai
7/19/09 5:50:10PM
That's a fight I'd really like to see.
chickmagnet
7/19/09 5:53:07PM
this would be bad for Randy
RNC
7/19/09 6:03:11PM
If Randy beats Nog and Rampage loses to Rashad, let's make it happen. There will be no one in line for Machida so why not.
xphycorx
7/19/09 6:36:11PM

Posted by RNC

If Randy beats Nog and Rampage loses to Rashad, let's make it happen. There will be no one in line for Machida so why not.

well what if griffin beats silva? it is possible you know. griffin should then get the next shot at machida.
joshryanshepherd
7/19/09 6:41:10PM

Posted by xphycorx

Posted by RNC

well what if griffin beats silva? it is possible you know. griffin should then get the next shot at machida.

hes got a point... how about Forrest VS Randy for a title shot? they dont like eachother anyway right?
postman
7/19/09 7:25:59PM
I hope Machida is sleeping on Shogun like everyone else is.
SpiderSilva
7/19/09 7:46:48PM
no way Machita is looking past anyone
prozacnation1978
7/19/09 7:55:05PM
he knows he will never get a title shot again at heavy, i don't think couture derserves a shot at machida unless he fights a rampage or evans first
Hendo67
7/19/09 8:03:03PM
I would love to see Machida clap Randy.
GrandMaster313
7/19/09 8:13:16PM
this makes no sense after he was just talking about how he can beat Brock Lesnar. I think its a load of craaaaaaap !
Hendo67
7/19/09 8:21:16PM
It seems like he's looking past Nog already, has he even mentioned anything about his fight with Nog yet? or is he continuing to expand his vision to other fighters? seriously, Randy. One step at a time.
WheelchairBandit
7/19/09 9:15:49PM
Randy's not calling out anybody.The reporters keep asking him if he'd like to fight fighter X,Y or Z and of course he's going to say yes.He's not looking past Nog,he's just being polite and answering questions instead of the rather bland and generic,'I don't care about anyone other than my next opponent".

WB.
joshryanshepherd
7/19/09 9:56:20PM

Posted by WheelchairBandit

Randy's not calling out anybody.The reporters keep asking him if he'd like to fight fighter X,Y or Z and of course he's going to say yes.He's not looking past Nog,he's just being polite and answering questions instead of the rather bland and generic,'I don't care about anyone other than my next opponent".

WB.

Well Said!
Nightmare27
7/20/09 12:50:27AM
Style wise I think that it would be a great matchup for Randy, and thats not saying that he would win. I just think that the person who is going to beat Machida needs to rough him up. Pin him up against the cage and make it a fight. Everybody seems to play right into Machida's strengths. Alot of it has been Machida's skills making it seem that way though. It would be a win win situation for Randy IMO.
cmill21
7/20/09 1:19:37AM
Doesn't everyone remember the Tito fight? Machida isn't unbeatable, Shogun will prove that.
postman
7/20/09 11:15:09AM

Posted by cmill21

Doesn't everyone remember the Tito fight? Machida isn't unbeatable, Shogun will prove that.

I'm more excited for that fight then I was for my own first fight. HAHAHA its going to be great!