Randy Couture Wants Another Shot at Brock Lesnar, Has a Game Plan

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Randy Couture Wants Another Shot at Brock Lesnar, Has a Game Plan
emfleek
7/17/09 11:31:07AM
UFC President Dana White has said the winner of the UFC 104 battle between Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez is likely to be Brock Lesnar's next opponent. But I think if Randy Couture beats Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 102, a rematch between Couture and Lesnar might be too big for the UFC to pass up. And Couture says that's a fight he wants and a fight he thinks he can win.

"I would absolutely like another shot at Brock," Couture said on ESPN Radio 1100. "I think the first fight was going my way. I thought I had things moving and was doing the things I had trained to do."

STORY
TimW001
7/17/09 1:17:36PM
I'de like to see this. he had a good gameplan the first time time around, fighting him in the clinch. So he doesn't have to worry about Brocks punching power. Not fighting on the ground, so he doesn't have to worry about his strength and weight. The clinch is where to be beat Brock.
finnish_line
7/17/09 3:01:30PM

Dirty boxing. Just filthy, filthy boxing.
RearNakedJoke
7/17/09 3:05:52PM
randy's game plan:

1)fight brock again
2)get dominated and destroyed
3)cash fat paycheck
RandyCouture
7/17/09 3:16:31PM
lol

I just don't see couture beating brock anytime soon as much as i don't wanna say that I believe its true
PABLOMAFIOSO
7/17/09 3:33:24PM
I don't think Randy has a good chance against Brock and even if he did pull off the victory and become champ again how long will he last? Not taking anything away from Randy (I consider him a legend) but he can't have many more fights left.
Hendo67
7/17/09 3:36:57PM
Randy wants to fight everyone, worry about Nog before you start calling out everyone in the LHW and HW divisions.
He wants Mirko
He wants Lesnar
He wants Machida
He wants Fedor

C'mon
george112
7/17/09 4:54:24PM
oo boy here we go again...

come on randy.not only is lesnar superior to you in every way.he didnt even have to lift his for arm 4 inches off your dome to keep you from standing.

wait wait randys striking is bette.....nah nvm
Hendo67
7/17/09 4:56:11PM
Brock would maul Randy, Lesnar is only getting better while Couture isn't.
Irish_Pride
7/17/09 5:06:44PM
I'm a big fan of Randy Couture and i love watching him fight but he really needs to stop talking to the media and stop calling out all these fighters. He has a big fight coming up against Nogueira and he should really focus on him because he is going to be really tough for him.
scobac
7/17/09 9:55:45PM

Posted by Hendo67

Brock would maul Randy, Lesnar is only getting better while Couture isn't.

couture isnt? based on what? he has prooved otherwise for many years and now your calling him out? I want facts!! ???

go back and view his last three fights up till the KO with brock. before that he WON about every min.
Boo_Radley21
7/18/09 1:37:58AM
What's with all the people not believing in Randy here? If he's shown us anything throughout his career it's that he is at his best when a massive underdog. This is the type of fight that Randy feeds off of, and I do think he'll come up with a game plan to exploit the holes in Lesnars game.
cmill21
7/18/09 1:43:52PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

What's with all the people not believing in Randy here? If he's shown us anything throughout his career it's that he is at his best when a massive underdog. This is the type of fight that Randy feeds off of, and I do think he'll come up with a game plan to exploit the holes in Lesnars game.

Brock's the best fighter ever, didn't you hear?
HulkRage
7/18/09 1:45:06PM
Randy is and has been a huge draw for the UFC and can hang with anyone in the game, but It bothers me why the UFC lets him have anything he wants for the big payday and in the process it bumps some young deserving fighter.
He comes back to the UFC and gets a shot at Big Tim, and all of these other fights he wants, the UFC will give him another shot at Lesner and then will give him a shot at Machida becasue he asked for it, then they will put him up against Silva for the 185lb. belt so he can be the first / only to hold belts in 3 weight classes. OK, maybe the last won't happen, just saying.
mrsmiley
7/18/09 2:33:22PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I agree Boo.
I think a 2nd fight against Lesnar might make for his swan song.
Brock won the first fight,but I think Randy showed he can hold his own against him at the same time.
Chuckles
7/18/09 4:37:20PM
With Randy having such popularity in the MMA world this fight would have huge hype for the UFC. Randy can beat Brock with a good game plan. Due to the fact of how large Randy vs. Brock 2 would be I think it is very likely if Randy beats Nog. Obviously a fight against Brock would be tough, but I do believe this is something that will interest the UFC for publicity and to get a good turn out. Randy is a legend and people don't need to count him out so quickly... he has rose to the occasion multiple times and has proven himself.

GO RANDY!!
WheelchairBandit
7/18/09 9:07:54PM
Randy could beat Brock,and it would be by basically doing the same thing he was doing in the first fight-create tons of scrambles,and get Lesnar tired.

Pushing Lesnar's cardio to the limit,having him experience things not go his way,and making him take some damage for the first time,are the keys to beating him.Randy can do all those.

WB.
RearNakedJoke
7/21/09 12:47:49AM

Due to the fact of how large Randy vs. Brock 2 would be I think it is very likely if Randy beats Nog.

as i understand the winner of nog v couture will face the winner of dos santos v crocop. winner of that mini tourny will face "whoever the champion is"

that would mean that if all thats true and Randy can pull that off his last fight under contract could be a title fight with Brock or possibly Fedor (if they can sign him and he beats Lesnar). win or lose its a great note to potentially end a career on !
Shadymlm
7/21/09 3:14:56AM
This is nonsense. Yeah Randy "Held his own in the first fight" But Brock is a way better fighter then he was then and would take Randy down and destroy him, even worse then he did Mir the second time around, which alot of people were saying wouldn't happen. And after he beat's Carwin there's no one left for him but I'm sure no matter who his opponent is there will be a bandwagon of Brock haters giving hundreds of reasons why that person is gonna beat Brock and blah blah blah.I know it's a hard pill to swallow but accept it Brock is King of the HW division and will be for a long time!