Randy Couture vs. Rich Franklin Possible for UFC 115

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Randy Couture vs. Rich Franklin Possible for UFC 115
komodo20
2/11/10 11:11:42PM
A light heavyweight tilt between former UFC champions Randy Couture and Rich Franklin is in the works for June and is likely to co-headline UFC 115 alongside Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz on June 12 in Vancouver.

According to Sherdog, Couture has been approached about the matchup and is considering the fight while also weighing acting commitments.

If confirmed, the bout would mark a quick return for the hall of famer Couture (18-10), who dominated Mark Coleman on Saturday en route to a second-round submission victory in the main event of UFC 109. The former five-time light heavyweight and heavyweight title-holder is 2-0 since dropping down to light heavyweight last year, previously defeating Brandon Vera by unanimous decision in November.

Franklin (26-5) hasn’t fought since suffering a first-round TKO to Vitor Belfort in September, which evened his record at 2-2 since moving up from 185-pounds following wins over Wanderlei Silva and Matt Hamill, as well as a loss to Dan Henderson.

http://mmafrenzy.com/13174/randy-couture-vs-rich-franklin-possible-for-ufc-115-in-vancouver/
KaibaThedon
2/11/10 11:28:54PM
ok this i can live with, but the chuck vs tito is a joke. please dont bring that here
karn501
2/11/10 11:39:48PM
I don't know about this being better than chuck tito IMO this fight is set up for couture to win couture has the wrong skill set for franklin to be able to do much
kopower
2/12/10 12:18:58AM
I would actually like to see Couture and Franklin go at it. Good match up for Randy imo.
Twenty20Dollars
2/12/10 12:37:53AM
For some reason I cant wrap my head around this fight, it's just weird. But it would be good.
sbulldavid
2/12/10 12:43:12AM
I think Franklin vs Couture is a pretty solid match-up. I can see it going either way , a lot of people have wrote Franklin off but he's fighting the greatest fighters in the world and his only losses are to dangerous strikers . A win for Franklin puts him in a contender match , then who knows what ? A win for Couture is a win over a fringe contender , and that's what I've been saying Dana will do to legitimize giving him a title shot.
emfleek
2/12/10 8:59:12AM
Franklin all day long.
sparky
2/12/10 9:36:53AM

Posted by emfleek

Franklin all day long.

Thats what im saying!!!!!

Dont even really have to give it much thought at this point Randy is great but Franklin is younger faster and hits harder. Even if Randy end up on top I see Franklin doing just fine. I feel like Franklin proved that point during the Henderson fight because in my opinion Henderson is just a younger Couture!
mrsmiley
2/12/10 3:04:01PM
This fight is a good match up I think.
But I think their is a potential for it to be a snoozefest as well.
For hardcore fans I say it's like a dream come true,for everyone else they may be dissapointed.
emfleek
2/12/10 3:07:33PM

Posted by mrsmiley

For hardcore fans I say it's like a dream come true

Meh. I'm personally not excited for it. Then again, I'm rarely excited to watch Randy.
SpiderSilva
2/12/10 3:51:12PM
Wow the battle of 2 nice guys I'm thinkin Franklin is do a KO win
RhythmAndStyle
2/12/10 3:53:45PM
randy will probably get finished in this match...
jae_1833
2/13/10 12:02:30AM
I like the match but for me it's a hard one to get excited for because it's two guys who I don't like watching lose.....oh well, at least they will be good sports about the whole ordeal.
Hendo67
2/13/10 2:27:36PM

Posted by emfleek

Franklin all day long.

Agreed, Franklin will drop him with a Body Kick and pound him out early.
ncordless
2/13/10 2:54:19PM
I like the fight. This fight will give the winner some direction and will be one of those fights that will mean more in the future when people are looking back on their records.
higdon10
2/13/10 2:55:00PM
I dig this matchup.
tepid55
2/13/10 6:44:35PM
I think Franklin would get an early KO/TKO win.
mkiv9secsupra
2/13/10 8:22:38PM
Franklin takes this any day of the week. KO in the 2nd round....but i still dont see the point of this match unless it is to build Franklin up for a run at the LHW title
NatedawgThaM
2/15/10 5:00:04PM

Posted by emfleek

Franklin all day long.

agreed. Randy's really been looking chinny lately, I mean he's always been able to take a solid punch, but recently he's seemed to be getting rocked in like every fight since the Lesnar fight when Lesnar KO'd him, Big Nog dropped him who's not really a power puncher but with good boxing nonetheless, Vera dropped him with a body kick and Franklin throws them pretty good, and Franklin has known to have some decent power in his hands, I think he should KO randy in the 2nd. Think it should be a good fight though in the 1st probably better then most think even though like said by alot, hard to get excited for randy sometimes but I think it should be a decent fight, better then tito-chuck IMO.
mmapunch
2/16/10 6:21:18PM
I dig this matchmaking. There is no way this match will be boring! I got to with Couture by UD tho..
BustedKnuckle
2/16/10 6:40:21PM
This fight makes sense for both guys. If Randy wins......he just beat a former champ and will deserve the title shot. If Rich wins......He just beat "The Natural" and Randy retires.............again.
deezyo
2/21/10 8:44:09PM
i would love to see this fight
Boo_Radley21
2/25/10 12:38:45PM
This is a fight I like. Randy by late TKO or unanimous decision. Which sucks in a way cause I really don't wanna see Rich lose anymore.