Randy Couture prepares for Brock Lesnar with the help of Shane Carwin

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Randy Couture prepares for Brock Lesnar with the help of Shane Carwin
ufc88
9/20/08 6:05:06PM
sparky
9/20/08 6:10:34PM
Carwin has some heavy hands yes i'll say that much, but I dont beleive he is capable of mimicing Brock Lesnar. Finding someone who can wrestle like Brock Lesnar can is not going to be an easy task to say the least.
cmill21
9/20/08 6:32:42PM

Posted by sparky

Carwin has some heavy hands yes i'll say that much, but I dont beleive he is capable of mimicing Brock Lesnar. Finding someone who can wrestle like Brock Lesnar can is not going to be an easy task to say the least.

There are better wrestlers then Brock, and there are better wrestlers then Brock who are bigger and stronger.
Kainlock
9/20/08 6:40:13PM
I say bring in Bobby Lashley.
RMFG_187
9/20/08 7:08:35PM
Bring in Bobby Lashley on roids.

Randy always has the right fighters to mimic the fighters he will face. For Tim, Gonzaga, he was well prepared. I dont think this will be any different.

My suggestion is getting Sapp.
casey64
9/20/08 7:32:44PM

Posted by Kainlock

How about no, I would hate to see him in MMA.
cmill21
9/20/08 7:33:16PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Randy always has the right fighters to mimic the fighters he will face. For Tim, Gonzaga, he was well prepared. I dont think this will be any different.

Well they say Carwin is around 275, and he's a Div I champ as well so about the same.
jiujitsufreak74
9/20/08 7:36:45PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by RMFG_187

Well they say Carwin is around 275, and he's a Div I champ as well so about the same.

he was a division II wrestler actually
jae_1833
9/20/08 7:49:54PM

Posted by casey64

Posted by Kainlock

How about no, I would hate to see him in MMA.

Link for Bobby Lashley

His MMA debut should be in about a week.
Jackelope
9/20/08 8:21:28PM
Carwin is a good choice, IMO.

His striking is technical on a boxing level but not to the point of being phenomenal. I think we can expect to see the same from Brock Lesnar. I think Carwin's is far better, but he'll be throwing orthodox style punches from the same angles as Brock.

As for wrestling- Shane Carwin has the same freestyle up-bringing, and although he may not be as good of a wrestler as Brock I feel that in terms of MMA he's definitely got more freestyle wrestling experience. Not to mention he's a physical BEAST much like Brock Lesnar (although not quite as large).

All in all I believe this is a very smart decision from Randy Couture and that it will help him tremendously come fight time.
cmb19932
9/20/08 8:24:14PM
um not to be a dick but uh casy 64 you said your intrested in lashley in one post and now you hate him whats up
Porch28
9/20/08 8:38:17PM
Randy is 45
Darnok
9/20/08 9:58:59PM
I think this is a good choice.
Pitbull09
9/20/08 11:36:18PM

Posted by sparky

Carwin is a great way to train for Lesnar. If anything, he is more experienced than Lesnar.
Couture
JahanElixir
9/21/08 12:16:11AM
I actually think Carwin is better than Lesnar. Im serious. I think he is a better overall fighter. Randy is always doing the smart thing.
cmill21
9/21/08 12:30:20AM

Posted by JahanElixir

I actually think Carwin is better than Lesnar. Im serious. I think he is a better overall fighter. Randy is always doing the smart thing.

I'd agree. He acctually cut his teeth to so I think he's going to get more respect from other fighters.
jomatty
9/21/08 9:02:59AM
carwin is as good a choice as anyone but i still dont think he is anywhere near as explosive or powerful as brock. i think he is very talented but there are few people on earth who have that size, strength, and explosiveness, and i dont even like the guy...so im unbiased or negatively biased and still have to admit it...
casey64
9/21/08 11:01:53AM

Posted by cmb19932

um not to be a dick but uh casy 64 you said your intrested in lashley in one post and now you hate him whats up

I would be interested to see how he does, I didnt say liked him, there will be more wwe wrestlers coming to mma now.
motorboatensob
9/21/08 6:19:51PM
He may be better but its hard to prepare for Lesnars strength and agility. If a 205 Chuck Libbell can KO Randy what is a 285 pound Brock who knocked Heath all the way across the cage going to do.
Jackelope
9/21/08 8:42:03PM

Posted by motorboatensob

He may be better but its hard to prepare for Lesnars strength and agility. If a 205 Chuck Libbell can KO Randy what is a 285 pound Brock who knocked Heath all the way across the cage going to do.

That's a fundamental of striking that is hard to explain to someone who isn't familiar with the striking game. Basically I'll say it like this and you can just take my word for it.(and many others who will back me up)-

Just because Brock is a lot bigger than Chuck doesn't mean anything at all about him being able to KO Randy. Chuck's punching is far, far, far beyond Brock Lesnar's
cmb19932
9/22/08 8:53:59AM
ok just wondering i wouldnt mind seeing him on his own but i hate the mindless drones of wwe fans that follow expecting him to destroy everyone
disorderlyvision
9/22/08 12:32:24PM

Posted by JahanElixir

The smart thing....like not honoring his contract, like saying its not about money, while at the same time asking for more money, like saying the only fight left for him is fedor, not big nog, and here he is fighting lesnar who has 3-4 mma fights, because he only wants to fight the best in the world.