Randy Couture now open to Antonio Rodrigo ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Randy Couture now open to Antonio Rodrigo ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira fight
MMAcca
1/7/09 1:30:23PM
“I’d fight Nogueira. I had other reasons to turn down that fight last year, but that was a whole different situation. He’s a tremendous fighter. I’ve watched him for years. I saw Danny [Henderson] fight him in the KOK [Rings “King of Kings” tournament in 1999]. I was heading to fight him myself in the KOK that next year.”

LINK
TheNatural915
1/7/09 1:38:49PM
Couture will knock him out
EvenFlow
1/7/09 1:39:43PM
lol he ducks him then watches mir beat him so he wants his shot now?

WheelchairBandit
1/7/09 1:52:44PM
He turned down the Nog fight before,as they threw it at him to try to bring him back like 2 weeks after he left the UFC in late '07.

I think it's a great fight,two of my all time favorite fighters.In a three round fight Randy probably wins a decision by clinching Nog up against the fence and working some dirty boxing,maybe going for the occasional takedown.

WB.
wiggum
1/7/09 2:05:40PM
i hope this fight materilizes...like previously mentioned, he didnt take the fight cuz he wanted fedor and the legal issues....now that thats over, he has nothing in his way....when this tournament first started, i imagine most thought it would be nog vs randy for the unification......so i hope this happens, makes sense, both lost theyre belts and maybe the winner gets another shot? who knows....i see this fight happening like this: they box it out a bit, they both have about equal boxing skills.....randys boxing i think is underated, he doesnt have power but but he's accurate, with good head movement and footwork and applies it all very well...nogs i think is a bit overated due to his time spent with the cuba team and his time spent early in his life boxing, but hes accurate and technically sound, with a wicked jab, but no power, plus his headmovement (a shown by mir) is very stationary...his boxing style is more suited for a boxing match than a mma match tho....wrestling and the clinch obvioulsy go to randy......submissions obviosly go to nog but he wont be able to take down randy.....even if it hits the ground randys sub defense is very good and his ground control and positioning is top notch, so i dont see nog catching him, but you never know with nog.....in the end, i see the fight mostly on the feet boxing it out and in the clinch with randy coming out the victor by decison
Twenty20Dollars
1/7/09 3:12:48PM
not too much hype surrounding this fight anymore. Just like fedor and couture.

Still could be a good fight though, maybe like a co-main event.
motorboatensob
1/7/09 3:27:11PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Right Randy is good at ducking people all the time. He wanted a fight with the number one HW in the world at one time but he is ducking Nog makes a world of since.
coldchillin
1/7/09 4:44:31PM
I still want to see it before they both retire. They gotta make it now or never though... what a psychological battle this one would be.
LuffyvsNog
1/7/09 5:23:09PM
Nice. I ll watch. Maybe live at UFC 99
Gipper
1/7/09 6:54:32PM

Posted by EvenFlow

couture was turning down every fight in the ufc at the time. you honestly think randy couture is going to duck any fighter in the world. give me a brake.
theguido
1/7/09 7:02:48PM
I would love to see this kinda been waiting for it.