Randy Couture: "We end up wrestling on that damn bed all the time!"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Randy Couture: "We end up wrestling on that damn bed all the time!"
Purge
7/9/08 1:01:57PM

http://www.fighters.com/06/16/fighter-of-the-month-randy-couture

This guy cracks me up, he also gives a lot of insight on how he sees aging fighters like Matt Hughes.
IriShame
7/9/08 1:24:32PM
What a bad ass dude.
telnights
7/9/08 3:17:57PM
For the lazy people like me LINK
holt8081
7/9/08 3:49:43PM
ya randy is the man!!!!
Copenhagen
7/9/08 11:09:51PM

The Natural: You know…probably. Maybe Tito didn’t have a handle on all the numbers; but, it appears to be that on any given UFC, just on the pay-per-views alone, the UFC makes in the neighborhood of $40 or $50 million. And, Tito and I are two of the very, very few athletes that get a little piece of that pay-per-view and we’re lucky if we make $1.2 or $1.3 million. So, percentage-wise, it’s a very, very small percent of the total revenue.

So Randy has been complaining this whole time about only getting 1.2 million? Who cares about the percentage...it's still 1.2 million!

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, and he doesn't mean they make that individually?
telnights
7/9/08 11:30:03PM

Posted by Copenhagen

The Natural: You know…probably. Maybe Tito didn’t have a handle on all the numbers; but, it appears to be that on any given UFC, just on the pay-per-views alone, the UFC makes in the neighborhood of $40 or $50 million. And, Tito and I are two of the very, very few athletes that get a little piece of that pay-per-view and we’re lucky if we make $1.2 or $1.3 million. So, percentage-wise, it’s a very, very small percent of the total revenue.

So Randy has been complaining this whole time about only getting 1.2 million? Who cares about the percentage...it's still 1.2 million!

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, and he doesn't mean they make that individually?

Oh no that's what he means. He makes over a million per fight. I'm sick of Randy's complaining. All Randy seams to care about now is the money.
RNC
7/10/08 12:25:24AM
I had heard figures like 250K per fight. I had no idea he was getting a ppv cut also. That totals about 1.5 million per fight.

I can see both sides of the money arguement. On the one side, even 250K is five times what the average american makes in a year, but now we find out he is making that PLUS ppv. Three fights a year, plus endorsments, Randy is looking at a cool 5 million to do something he loves. He should be happy and shut up.

On the other hand, like Randy said, you have boxers getting paid tens of millions per fight. MMA is certianly at the point now where it is close to being just as large as boxing. They can afford to pay the fighters closer to what boxers get paid.