Randy Courture vs Kurt Angle

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Randy Courture vs Kurt Angle
jgordon85
2/21/08 2:35:45AM
i have sirius satellite radio and i was listening to the scott ferral show, he had Kurt Angle on the show. kurt said that he is in the process of making an mma match with randy courture. kurt seemed very serious about it he said he is taking his training seriously. he said that it would take place in california and sometime in 2008.
Jackelope
2/21/08 2:59:58AM
Sounds like more Kurt Angle talk to me. I don't even think Couture would take this matchup.

In a straight wrestling match I'd LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE to see this, but MMA... gimme a break.. what is saying Kurt Angle stands any kind of a chance?
ufcboss
2/21/08 3:11:29AM
I read a article about that interview and I believe Kurt said something like "I have a MMA match with Tito Ortiz or Randy Couture sometime in 2008".

Dont word for word me but he said something like that.

I doubt this happening, But hell I would pay to see it!

Randy Rnd 1 Via Angle-lock!
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/21/08 3:48:18AM

Posted by ufcboss

I read a article about that interview and I believe Kurt said something like "I have a MMA match with Tito Ortiz or Randy Couture sometime in 2008".

Dont word for word me but he said something like that.

I doubt this happening, But hell I would pay to see it!

Randy Rnd 1 Via Angle-lock!

LMAO

...But seriously. I dont believe a single word that comes out of Angles mouth.
Tein_Lung
2/21/08 4:24:28AM
If this was back to right after he won his gold medal i would give it some credibility... but angle has had too many injures from pro wrestling to compeat in anything that is not scripted to avoid his injures... also Greco and freestly are totaly differant animals, and in all honestly i think greco trumps freestyle when translated into something real
jomatty
2/21/08 6:13:04AM
if angle didnt want to face someone as experienced as ken shamrock in his first mma fight i seriously doubt he wants anything to do with randy (not to mention the fact that if randy wont fight nog he sure as shit isnt gonna fight angle in his first ever mma match)
saemskin
2/21/08 7:19:14AM
you guys are messing with me, right?
fullerene
2/21/08 8:33:37AM
He's talked about that for years and every year it becomes less and less realistic. At this point it's obviously a way of promoting his "legitimate tough guy" persona and he'll probably continue to make claims about competing in amateur wrestling and MMA throughout his pro-wrestling career.
disturbed_fighter
2/21/08 8:47:45AM
randy wouldnt even waist his time. but kurt would have the wrestling and steroid advantage
Smd277
2/21/08 9:39:08AM
i would love to see angle die
emfleek
2/21/08 9:41:30AM
This would be the most lopsided victory in MMA history. No doubt about it.
The_Notorious_ZIG
2/21/08 10:16:10AM
Angle had his chance in the late 90's but chose "rassling" instead. I recently saw him making a fool of himself on Pros Vs. Joes.

While his world class wrestling skills would have transitioned well into MMA....at this point I have to right him off as an attention whore.

Randy would destroy and embarrass Angle....neither has much to gain in this match up. I would be shocked if it ever happened.

Might be fun to watch Angle get smashed though
saemskin
2/21/08 11:22:11AM
did you guys see the episode of pro's vs joe where Randy had to see how many times he could submit "Joe" in how many ever minutes? It was funny, those guys were terrified of Randy. As the should have been, but the class act that he is, he wasn't trying to hurt anyone at all.
Gipper
2/21/08 2:30:34PM
angle doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as couture especially when it comes to mma
JimiMak
2/21/08 5:55:59PM
Randy turned down Nog. Nuff said.
nix7777
2/21/08 8:47:01PM
last year some time angle tried to get a fight santioned with brock and that never happened so i dont see him touching randy although i would like to see him get that head cracked one good time.
cmill21
2/21/08 9:30:28PM
If it was just a wrestling match then Angle, but mma, Couture by a landslide.
SpiderSilva
2/21/08 10:04:32PM
hey Angle

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

remember when that was the chant
gravy13
2/22/08 3:34:37PM
It's probably just Angle talk. I remember last year on some radio station he spoke about fighting Liddell. He's just doing it to create some buzz.
pv3Hpv3p
2/22/08 5:10:12PM

Posted by jgordon85

i have sirius satellite radio and i was listening to the scott ferral show, he had Kurt Angle on the show. kurt said that he is in the process of making an mma match with randy courture. kurt seemed very serious about it he said he is taking his training seriously. he said that it would take place in california and sometime in 2008.

I don't think this fight is going to happen... If it does, even with Angle's wrestling ability... randy smashes him in the first