Randy's chances ??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Randy's chances ??
Next Page »
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 5:01:51PM
Hey people, Randy vs Silvia. Cotoure is favourite despite not fighting for nearly a year, I believe he's still capable of a good fight with tim but other than a submission, am i right in thinking tim will eventually get the k.o ?? any thoughts ??
pv3Hpv3p
2/19/07 5:03:49PM
Is Couture really the favorite???
JoeMimic
2/19/07 5:06:17PM
I haven't seen anywhere that Randy is a favorite. I don't think anyone is going to count him out but most people seem to agree that Tim will probably win either by KO or decision.
hippysmacker
2/19/07 5:08:13PM
Randy will always be my favorite fighter, but I only give him a 20% in this fight. I agree that submission is the most likely way he could win, but he has never shown a lot of willingness to go for subs. On inside the UFC he surprised me by saying Sylvia might be open for the sub. I hope that's not just rhetoric and he really plans to go for one.
xchickox
2/19/07 5:08:29PM
where have you got it from that randy is favourite??

i'm not convinced he's favourite but i do think he is gonna do it, just think he's gonna wear down big tim for 3 rounds and in the fourth the ref's either gonna stop it due to tim not fighting back against the ground and pound or randy is gonna submit him
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 5:09:26PM
according to fight poll on fight card on ufc website the percentage is about 70% randy 30 % silvia.
unchillphil
2/19/07 5:10:45PM

Posted by xchickox

where have you got it from that randy is favourite??

i'm not convinced he's favourite but i do think he is gonna do it, just think he's gonna wear down big tim for 3 rounds and in the fourth the ref's either gonna stop it due to tim not fighting back against the ground and pound or randy is gonna submit him

Tim Sylvia will win this fight easily. You guys are buying too much into UFC hype. I like Randy Couture as much as anyone else, but let's be realistic.
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 5:14:27PM
on paper it stands out to me that silvia will get a k.o, probebly within 3 rounds. But theres just something about randy, he studdies fighters like no other and that gives me a slight indication that he might, just might pull it off. he must be going into this fight knowing of the ways in which he could win. Submission or ground and pound tko. I think submission is the aim.
JoeMimic
2/19/07 5:14:37PM
I really think submission is Randy's best chance particularly a leglock with Tim's big legs he just leaves out there. Normally it's pretty dangerous position wise to go for one but with Tim if he's given a choice to jump into your guard or stand the fight back up which do you think he'd prefer? So the position danger is negated.
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 5:20:35PM
I get the feeling that randy knows how to beat this guy. thats why he's gone back upto heavyweight. When he shot down to light heavyweight he knew how to beat chuck and tito, with ease as it was, and he became champ. Its highly possible, from studdying tim that he again knows how to beat the champ and reign once again. Silvia shout be holding all the nerves, he's got the k.o and thats it, if cotour has trained to stay away from tims hands for 5 rounds, he will win.
unchillphil
2/19/07 5:24:14PM

Posted by JoeMimic

I really think submission is Randy's best chance particularly a leglock with Tim's big legs he just leaves out there. Normally it's pretty dangerous position wise to go for one but with Tim if he's given a choice to jump into your guard or stand the fight back up which do you think he'd prefer? So the position danger is negated.

When the time comes, will you put your money where your mouth is? I'm willing to back Sylvia with every single one of my fake dollars!
hippysmacker
2/19/07 5:25:20PM

Posted by JoeMimic

That's a really good point about the leglocks, he did get tapped by Arlovski with a heel hook. I know Sylvia has improved om the ground since then, but a leg-lock would be nice. Good point about positioning as well.
JoeMimic
2/19/07 5:28:40PM

Posted by unchillphil

Posted by JoeMimic

When the time comes, will you put your money where your mouth is? I'm willing to back Sylvia with every single one of my fake dollars!

I didn't say Randy would win; I'm just saying I think thats his best shot. I WANT Randy to win but I think Tim will probably pull it out.
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 5:30:45PM
i cant bet even fake dollars on a 43yr old fighter, even if i like the guy. sorry.
JoeMimic
2/19/07 5:33:30PM
Tim is really being disrespected by the oddsmakers; Randy is only a +200-230 underdog depending on where you go. He's in the same range that Dan Henderson is considered an underdog to Wanderlei.
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 5:36:40PM
Its normally randy who is the under dog, even against mike van arsdale randy was tipped to loose. I wonder if randy being dubbed favourite is a bad thing ?
He normally surprises the odds when an under dog.
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 5:38:40PM
Sherdog made a poll. randy was favourite, cotoure is favourite on ufc website and on mma weekly. I am yet to see a fight poll where silvia is favourite.
JoeMimic
2/19/07 5:43:14PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Sherdog made a poll. randy was favourite, cotoure is favourite on ufc website and on mma weekly. I am yet to see a fight poll where silvia is favourite.

Of course Randy is going to be the favorite in any user poll; Randy is loved by MMA fans everywhere and Tim is loathed by most fans. You can't take any poll like that seriously to gather who is the favorite to actually win the fight. Those polls are little more then popularity contests.
fedorwins1
2/19/07 5:46:28PM
First off Randy is not the favourite, and Big Timmy will prob. KO him because of his reach and he will keep Randy away.
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 5:53:47PM
I see how these polls are more popularity than predictive, and you have all answered my question, tim will probebly get the k.o !!
cheers for looking and comenting !!
hippysmacker
2/19/07 5:56:08PM
I would bet all my real life money ( not that is s prodigious amount) that Randy isn't the bettting favorite in Vegas
JoeMimic
2/19/07 5:56:54PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I would bet all my real life money ( not that is s prodigious amount) that Randy isn't the bettting favorite in Vegas

I might not be able to resist putting $10 or so bucks on Randy.
zephead
2/19/07 6:02:10PM
Randy is the classiest fighter MMA has ever seen. But his chances on winning are slim to none and slim just left town. I take nothing away from Randy. He is all heart. But he left the heaveyweight dividion because Josh and Ricco were just to much for him.

Now he's gonna fight someone who's 6'8" and weighs 265??? If he had such problems taking Chuck down, how is he gonna take Tim down? He's gotta get in a clinch with Tim. He's gotta do dirty boxing and how the hell can Randy clinch and dirty box with someone who is 6'8"?

I'll be rooting for Randy, I just hate seeing this. I hope it isn't the money that is bringing him back. He had trouble with Van Arsdale and Chuck hurt him bad.
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 6:02:59PM
I hope he isn't coz i will stick $30 on him. same as mcdonald to submit franklin.
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 6:08:37PM
Im with you there, i hope it wasnt the money. People are also saying he's been brought back to loose to tim like shamrock/franklin... to boost silvias mma status as the champ. So many old skool mma fighters come out of retierment and loose horribly, but randy retiered, had a world class grappling match and stayed in the gym, most fighters get 1 fight a year these days due to the amount of fighters out there on the big screen, theres not enough room. for me, randy hasnt really retiered. best of luck to him, i know he's trainimg with bas rutten, he's got a good shot against big tim.
hathcock32
2/19/07 8:49:28PM
Hard to bet agianst Randy.....but hard to see him beating sylvia. I see the match going two ways.......Sylvia late 1rd KO......Randy Decision victory from takedowns/sub attempts/GnP
Svartorm
2/19/07 11:23:49PM
This is so hard to call. On paper, Tim is going to destroy Randy, but it strikes me as odd that the three top guys from the same fight team (Randy, Lindland, and Henderson) all moved up a weight class or two to fight extremely difficult opponents. Either they have something up their sleeves, or they all have a death wish.
madmarck
2/20/07 11:24:53AM

Posted by Svartorm

This is so hard to call. On paper, Tim is going to destroy Randy, but it strikes me as odd that the three top guys from the same fight team (Randy, Lindland, and Henderson) all moved up a weight class or two to fight extremely difficult opponents. Either they have something up their sleeves, or they all have a death wish.

Or they could have balls of steel. Thats my thought. There are all olympic level wrestlers and beyond that All have been Top 5 in the world in MMA at one point 2 of them even higher than that.
I think these guys are just tough as shit and see a Fight has just another day at the office. Go in get paid and beat the living crap outta someone. Although all 3 are the underdogs going into their next bouts.
These guys are just tough as nails. Period.
keith-hackney1
2/20/07 12:15:37PM
Balls of steel to any american wrestler who's willing to get k.o'd by a 6'8" giant.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/20/07 1:19:29PM
Randy is loved by all....and he has heart and all,but he is just too old

not bashing the guy,but its true...at this age his muscles are just not as strong anymore....and no matter what pace the fight takes i dont see Sylvia gassing before Randy
Pages: [1] 2