do randy's actions change the opinion of some of you fedor haters?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » do randy's actions change the opinion of some of you fedor haters?
Next Page »
jomatty
10/11/07 10:42:23PM
many people seem to think that fedor is ducking the best fighters and seem to blame the negotiation issues solely on him and his manager. these same people often held randy up as a model of all that is right and what fedor was afraid of. i never blamed fedor and always thought that he had to do what was right for him and his and doubt he cared about what a bunch of sherdoggers think...

anyways does the fact that randy has essentially said that the ufc messed up the negotiations with fedor and have been dicking him around change anyones opinion of fedor ducking the best fighters int he world? i dont really see how it couldnt and all those that loved randy and hated on fedor need to really think about if that is fair.
loonytnt
10/11/07 10:47:13PM
i still think fedor didnt want to fight randy, but i dont blame him for not coming to the UFC. fedor very randy would have been great but o well

now fedor will fight nobodys and randy will make movies,move to the next one Vera vs Kongo!!
jomatty
10/11/07 10:55:11PM
he may fight nobodies for a year of so but i think eventually many of the best will make their way to wherever he is, provided there is enough money in it.

hopefully we will see fedor vs barnett which should again silence some of the haters and further cement fedor as teh #1 hw in the world.

i dont think that there is much of a chance at all that fedor was ducking randy. he didnt duck CC or big nog or anyone else so why would he duck randy? anyways ill quit kicking that dead horse right now though
Pitbull09
10/11/07 11:43:58PM
Are you serious? Randy retired cause that puss named Fedor went to a lower promotion to wait out Coutures career. I bet Fedor is crying right now wishing he wouldve signed with UFC now that hes gone. Randy wanted to end his career against the best fighter and the best fighter ducked away from it to protect his title.

Fedor is "not' the best heavyweight in history for this, I dont care what people say, you dont go fight lower promotion people to wait out for a guys retirement. He has just screwed possibly the best MMA fight in history and should be critisized forever for it.
Buddharox
10/11/07 11:52:40PM
Apparently there are a lot of people on this board that can read into Fedor's mind.
cmill21
10/11/07 11:53:11PM
Yeah he's drying his tears with his 10 mill a fight. He is a puss, who fights a 7 ft kickboxer with no fear? My god puss.
adamsb
10/12/07 12:36:13AM
it makes me mad that randy retired but o well i mean what r u going to do fedor didnt want to fight him he said it on an interview i read.
loonytnt
10/12/07 12:37:45AM
lol he is no puss, but if fights lower rated people imo that #1 by his name needs to go away
hathcock32
10/12/07 1:07:40AM
I agree Dana F***ed this one up. I do believe Fedor wanted nothing to do with Randy. IMO Randy retired to prove a point that fighters should be payed more. He will come back if one of the contenders proves to be "dominating" For example Kongo or Big Nog or Vera goes on a 4 or 5 fight win streak. But
TMIL316
10/12/07 1:34:22AM
**** dana white for ****** this up and **** fador for being a pussy and not fighting the best out there all he wanted is that cash money **** him and **** the #1 by his name bc its bs
warglory
10/12/07 1:41:42AM
Fedor has something to prove to the world right now (no, I am not saying that he sucks), Randy does not. Randy was ready and willing to fight Fedor, in fact, Randy left partially on account of Fedor not signing with the UFC. Neither men have to worry about money at this point in their careers, so the only thing left is competition. Until these men meet in combat, or if Fedor fights some mean mofos in the near future, Randy will continue to shine brighter than Fedor imo.
Pitbull09
10/12/07 2:08:45AM

Posted by TMIL316

**** dana white for ****** this up and **** fador for being a pussy and not fighting the best out there all he wanted is that cash money **** him and **** the #1 by his name bc its bs

lol i cant wait to see how many people get banned this week. Too much happened ind a week and everyones pissed. The moderators have to be leanient on this one. I jsut hope I didnt post over 300 comments to get banned for being ticked at one situation
CornishMMA
10/12/07 7:15:47AM
Fedor not signing was only likely about 25% the reason randy left, it was mainly the fighter pay issue
jomatty
10/12/07 9:00:10AM
truly amazing to me that everyone seems to think that fedor owes the world of mma something. it is also amazing that people think he would duck couture.

i wanted to see fedor in the octagon as much as anyone did but i dont jump to some crazy conclusion that he is ducking couture because he didnt sign.

essentially people seem to think that randy did somehting reasonable and that fedor pussied out. noone is considering that maybe the deal offered to fedor wasnt that great and he just decided to do what is best for him and his family.
TNunley
10/12/07 9:09:06AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Fedor not signing was only likely about 25% the reason randy left, it was mainly the fighter pay issue

I dunno bro

""I know Fedor (Emelianenko) just signed with another organization and that's the only real fight that makes sense for me at 44 years old as the heavyweight champion of the UFC"

"I don't feel like I get the respect I deserve from the organization, and that's motivation No. 2"

Link

Sounds to me that Fedor was more than 50% why, and the money was "Motivation No. 2".

Posted by jomatty
he may fight nobodies for a year of so but i think eventually many of the best will make their way to wherever he is, provided there is enough money in it.

Ok I have to completely disagree with you. Fedor is not God, and Fedor did not create MMA. If many of the top fighters were to follow Fedor, why would they start now? Why would they not have started long ago when he dominated Pride?
TNunley
10/12/07 9:11:36AM
BTW, just to respond to the topic...

I don't consider myself a Fedor "hater", I do consider myself completely unmesmerized by Fedor. Randy resigning from the UFC has no bearing on whether or not Fedor has fought top competition recently. Randy's actions do not make me think Fedor made the right decision. I think because of Fedor's actions, we will not get to see or hear Randy in the UFC anymore.
cowcatcher
10/12/07 9:33:24AM
first of all, what in the blue hell happened around here while i was gone for a couple days? WTF WTF WTF WTF, randy leaves the UFC?????

ok back on topic, the "fedor haters" should at this point stop talking about him ducking randy, that was ridiculous in the first place. after reading all the articles on randy leaving ive got to think that he will end up fighting fedor in the new M-1, its the only move that makes sense in terms of his mma career, although im sure cuban, and elitexc will be making big pushes to sign him if he chooses to keep fighting. sounds like he has 9 months left on his ufc contract, and id guess no one can sign him until that is up, i wouldnt be surprised if a deal is in place before then and he fights again in 9 1/2 months against fedor. also, this may begin an exodus(although on a smallish scale) of UFC contracted fighters to other orgs for better pay. im not saying half the fighters will be jumping ship, but when mr. ufc leaves and money was at least part of the issue, there inevitably will be some others following suit. this is as disheartening as anything ive heard from the mma world, and i hoping to see randy at least one more time in an mma match, and if theres a god it will be against fedor so all the arguing on here about whos #1 can be laid to rest.

one last thing, im hoping dana is classy here and doesnt decide to smear randy like most of us expect him to. randy is not the guy to start talking **** about because that will do nothing but create an anti-ufc backlash among the hardcore fans. im not saying PPV buys will signifigantly drop, but there will be a gigantic increase of fans calling for danas head if he doesnt play this cool and not resort to schoolyard name calling.
TNunley
10/12/07 9:37:32AM

Posted by cowcatcher
... after reading all the articles on randy leaving ive got to think that he will end up fighting fedor in the new M-1, its the only move that makes sense in terms of his mma career, although im sure cuban, and elitexc will be making big pushes to sign him if he chooses to keep fighting. sounds like he has 9 months left on his ufc contract, and id guess no one can sign him until that is up, i wouldnt be surprised if a deal is in place before then and he fights again in 9 1/2 months against fedor...

To respond:

"he can’t fight Fedor in another organization because he’s under contract to me"

"TG – There have been reports that Couture’s fight contract with the UFC will expire in nine months; is there truth to those reports?
DW – Absolutely not. "

Dana Responds

-Edit-
BTW, you are right in assuming Dana would be classy. He did not smear Randy, even though Randy did call him a "liar" publicly. Not saying I think Randy is a bad guy for doing that, because if Dana was lying, then Randy has every right to. Dana made a point to say he still considered Randy a friend.
cowcatcher
10/12/07 9:49:34AM

Posted by TNunley

To respond:

"he can’t fight Fedor in another organization because he’s under contract to me"

"TG – There have been reports that Couture’s fight contract with the UFC will expire in nine months; is there truth to those reports?
DW – Absolutely not. "

Dana Responds

-Edit-
BTW, you are right in assuming Dana would be classy. He did not smear Randy, even though Randy did call him a "liar" publicly. Not saying I think Randy is a bad guy for doing that, because if Dana was lying, then Randy has every right to. Dana made a point to say he still considered Randy a friend.

dana isnt exactly known as a pillar of truth in mma circles so ill take his initial reaction with a grain of salt and see what he says in the next week or two.
TNunley
10/12/07 10:00:07AM

Posted by cowcatcher
dana isnt exactly known as a pillar of truth in mma circles so ill take his initial reaction with a grain of salt and see what he says in the next week or two.

I agree, but I just wanted to post the fact that he made a point to say that he doesn't have "9 months" left on his contract... and maybe if that's true he said that as a message to Randy in case Randy was thinking he would fight Fedor outside the UFC. I dunno, I agree we'll wait and see, but I definitely wouldn't want to assume that we would see Randy in M-1 anytime real soon.
waylon_o
10/12/07 10:20:38AM
The people that are calling Fedor a pussy are very disappointing. I log into this website to have intelligent conversation about all things MMA. I don't log in to hear someone who thinks they know everything calling one of the very top fighters in the world a pussy or for some unfounded, unimaginable accusation that Fedor is ducking Randy Couture. Why would anyone say that? Keep these forums respectable and intelligent or risk losing lots of members.
pv3Hpv3p
10/12/07 10:34:48AM

Posted by Pitbull09

Are you serious? Randy retired cause that puss named Fedor went to a lower promotion to wait out Coutures career. I bet Fedor is crying right now wishing he wouldve signed with UFC now that hes gone. Randy wanted to end his career against the best fighter and the best fighter ducked away from it to protect his title.

Fedor is "not' the best heavyweight in history for this, I dont care what people say, you dont go fight lower promotion people to wait out for a guys retirement. He has just screwed possibly the best MMA fight in history and should be critisized forever for it.

Typical... The UFC and Dana are never to blame... Jesus, you ever look past that wool that's so snuggly pulled over your eyes?

what do you say about Randy not fighting Big Nog? Is he retiring because he's ducking him? Would you describe Randy in the same way? Everyone knows Nogueira would beat him...blah blah blah... Is Randy just protecting his title?

You my friend, should go live on a mountain somewhere and stop bothering everyone all the time... Boo you, sir, boo you
pv3Hpv3p
10/12/07 10:37:05AM

Posted by TMIL316

...**** fador for being a pussy and not fighting the best out there all he wanted is that cash money...

You're right, he should probably just fight for free, so we can all be entertained... Who in their right minds likes money? And you OBVIOUSLY don't like money if you're ranked #1, right...

Do you ever read the shit that you write? Bushleague
waylon_o
10/12/07 11:02:38AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by TMIL316

...**** fador for being a pussy and not fighting the best out there all he wanted is that cash money...

You're right, he should probably just fight for free, so we can all be entertained... Who in their right minds likes money? And you OBVIOUSLY don't like money if you're ranked #1, right...

Do you ever read the shit that you right? Bushleague

Something has to be done...this is turning in to sherdog.
Mastodon2
10/12/07 12:15:31PM

Posted by TNunley

DW – Absolutely not. "

Dana Responds

-Edit-

Dana might not be smearing Couture, but he is effectively saying "If I can't have him, no one can". He will try to keep Couture grounded, he won't let anyone have Couture fighting for them. I know it's business, but Dana really isn't doing his public image any favours by doing that. Randy walked out, doesn't want anything more to do with the UFC, Dana should at least respect Randy's decision.
TNunley
10/12/07 12:49:12PM

Posted by Mastodon2
Dana might not be smearing Couture, but he is effectively saying "If I can't have him, no one can". He will try to keep Couture grounded, he won't let anyone have Couture fighting for them. I know it's business, but Dana really isn't doing his public image any favours by doing that. Randy walked out, doesn't want anything more to do with the UFC, Dana should at least respect Randy's decision.

I'm on the same page as you with hoping that we can one day see the Randy/Fedor fight. However, putting myself in Dana's shoes... that's exactly the approach I would take. If the fight is gonna happen, he's going to be the one to promote it and earn from it. In all honesty I would much rather see it happen in the UFC than in a Russian organization where I won't be able to understand anything anyone is saying, as well as not know the rules or if I will even be able to order the PPV. So, IMO if Randy is still going to be under contract... I can understand not just wanting to release it after that person has said publicly some things that make you look worse.... NOT saying I agree with it, just saying I can understand that move from a business perspective.
jocksmall
10/12/07 8:22:14PM
all that needs to be said is what we all already know. dana white is a scumbag
jomatty
10/13/07 1:23:46AM
to the poster who said that the top fighters will not make their way to the org that fedor signs with because they didnt in the past that makes no sense. they couldnt they were allready in the same org as him. who are you talking about that didnt head his way, Tim Sylvia or andre arlovski?

if the money is right there is a reasonable chance that the top tier guys will eventually make their way to wherever fedor ends up...
Pitbull09
10/13/07 3:16:46AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Pitbull09

Typical... The UFC and Dana are never to blame... Jesus, you ever look past that wool that's so snuggly pulled over your eyes?

what do you say about Randy not fighting Big Nog? Is he retiring because he's ducking him? Would you describe Randy in the same way? Everyone knows Nogueira would beat him...blah blah blah... Is Randy just protecting his title?

You my friend, should go live on a mountain somewhere and stop bothering everyone all the time... Boo you, sir, boo you

I do blame Dana white alot for this, hes a ****ing moron in my eyes. But that doesnt change that Randy retired cause the last fight he wanted was gone. I am sure Randy prob left with Nog on the list but not because he is afraid to fight him right now. If you look at it, by the time Big Nog wins and is ready for his next fight, Randy is going to be really aged. All he wanted was one last fight with the best when he was at his prime.

Dont go all out attacking me with this crap. For as much bias as you have to this subject, I can continue to tell you how I see it, without any ****ing wool over my eyes. The only person whos blind right now are the people who cant see why Couture retired. Which i would say is you.

Good day sir, and a boo to you to
tlangley
10/15/07 12:49:37AM

Posted by jomatty

truly amazing to me that everyone seems to think that fedor owes the world of mma something. it is also amazing that people think he would duck couture.

i wanted to see fedor in the octagon as much as anyone did but i dont jump to some crazy conclusion that he is ducking couture because he didnt sign.

essentially people seem to think that randy did somehting reasonable and that fedor pussied out. noone is considering that maybe the deal offered to fedor wasnt that great and he just decided to do what is best for him and his family.

i can't say where and can't prove it, but i heard he was offered 2 mill a fight....i don't see that not being a good deal.
Pages: [1] 2