random thoughts while watching "WVR: Sengoku"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » random thoughts while watching "WVR: Sengoku"
AchillesHeel
3/6/08 7:33:28PM
- There's something about the Japanese language that makes it hard for them to end a word with a consonant. "Josh-a... Barnett-o..!"

- I noticed WVR is using a 5-minute first round, a boxing ring, and the screeching American woman on the PA, too. I'm not sure if they have elbows, kicks or knees on the ground, etc.

- Yoshida's standup hasn't improved at all. His transition out of Barnett's 2nd suplex into a kimura was beautiful, though.

- Josh Barnett almost dead-lifted Yoshida off the floor. Strong dude. I hope Cro Cop can get back on track; I really want to see a rematch between those two.

- Yoshida was game, and had a couple of moments of being on the attack, but seemed overmatched.

- Barnett almost had a double knee-bar before he got the heel-hook.

- Either Ludwig is bigger than I thought or Gomi is smaller.

- Gomi drops his hands a lot. But golly, he's fast when he wants to be.

- A cut is never a satisfying way for a fight to end. I'm glad Gomi is giving Ludwig the rematch.

- "Iron Head" is a great nickname. Makes me laugh every time.

- Graham was something of a can, I suppose, but Fujita looked better than I expected.

Pookie
3/6/08 7:39:43PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

- There's something about the Japanese language that makes it hard for them to end a word with a consonant. "Josh-a... Barnett-o..!"

- I noticed WVR is using a 5-minute first round, a boxing ring, and the screeching American woman on the PA, too. I'm not sure if they have elbows, kicks or knees on the ground, etc.

- Yoshida's standup hasn't improved at all. His transition out of Barnett's 2nd suplex into a kimura was beautiful, though.

- Josh Barnett almost dead-lifted Yoshida off the floor. Strong dude. I hope Cro Cop can get back on track; I really want to see a rematch between those two.

- Yoshida was game, and had a couple of moments of being on the attack, but seemed overmatched.

- Barnett almost had a double knee-bar before he got the heel-hook.

- Either Ludwig is bigger than I thought or Gomi is smaller.

- Gomi drops his hands a lot. But golly, he's fast when he wants to be.

- A cut is never a satisfying way for a fight to end. I'm glad Gomi is giving Ludwig the rematch.

- "Iron Head" is a great nickname. Makes me laugh every time.

- Graham was something of a can, I suppose, but Fujita looked better than I expected.

gomi definitely manned-up with how he handled the cut win. Just wish some other fighters would do the same ...**Noons**... cough cough.

He looked really improved from his last terrible performance against Diaz,
BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 6:15:06PM
the stoppage of duane was an obvious attempt to give gomi a victory, duane was going to win that fight due to gomi gassing or KO, gomi dropped diaz too but at leats duane was on his feet instantly something many havnt done before with him

i watched an interview of gomi and the guy is so arrogant its ridiculous, he acts like he didnt fight BJ saying things like "i hope to fight BJ one day"

please feed him to sherk after BJ woops him too, then gomi will know complete defeat not comparable to the aurelio and BJ defeats, bad matchup for gomi he would be ragdolled

"goat" thompson should have lost monteiro

cyborg looked good

fujita had a good gameplan not standing with a kickboxer

barnetts slam was awesome but he will not beat fedor, someone said that barnett is too slow for fedor and therefore would catch him....lol dumbest thing i ever heard, patience would be the word he was looking for, and fedor wouldnt give barnett a chance to do so
pmeout
3/9/08 3:20:25PM

"He looked really improved from his last terrible performance against Diaz,"

Are they testing performance enhancing drugs in Japan yet?