Some random thoughts on EliteXC Return of the King

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Some random thoughts on EliteXC Return of the King
Jackelope
6/15/08 1:22:24PM
Nick Diaz- when is he going to get some wrestling skills? The guy has a beautiful ground game and yet we've seen little to no wrestling development from him. The whole fight I found myself begging Diaz to take it to the ground and showcase some skills, but his shots looked god awful and his clinch takedowns weren't that impressive, either.

Murilo Rua- Glad to see him put on a performance like he did. I thought the stare down antics were absolutely despicable and that Bonello got exactly what he deserved. I would have liked to see him get KO'd on the feet, but I think elbows to the face for 3 minutes will suffice. What a pile of crap I hate when I see fighters disrespect the sport like that.

The crowd- I'm getting more and more sick of MMA crowds with every event I watch (besides DREAM 4 last night) The booing is getting out of control and it's becoming a staple of the sport. This is something that raises bile in my throat. Literally.

Goldberg- I am starting to think that having the last name "Goldberg" should get you banned from ever being any kind of sportscaster. What was that when he was talking about Ron Waterman being "an ordained...." and then he cut off to 10 seconds of silence? Obviously he was reading from a card and sounded like a complete idiot, but it made me laugh. It is also quite obvious to see that the fighters have little to no respect for Goldberg during post fight interviews (See Nick Diaz) I'm thinking it has something to deal with how Goldberg acts like he's "Mr. Cool" who knows everything MMA, but yet has no MMA background himself. He's constantly condescending to the fighters and sounds like a complete idiot out there. His post fight interviews constantly reign atop the worst post fight interviews I've ever heard. He was on the Adam Carrolla show the other morning and sounded like an idiot on there, too.

Thanks for listening to my ranting.
Twenty20Dollars
6/15/08 1:29:31PM
its just i dont think goldberg knows much about mma, and when he trys to talk to the fighters after they win. He like doesnt ask the right questions or something idk it's weird.

Rogan and Mir are much better.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
6/15/08 1:35:21PM
I enjoyed the event I thought the main card was excellent. Having seen Herman and feijao fight before helped as to I knew what kind of beasts these 2 can be and will be.
and obviously seeing everyone else over the years this really shoulda been the NBC event it woulda did a little more justice to MMA I think.
Diaz rant at the end not neccesary but it is the way of the diaz family, I like them as much as I don't like them haha(Nick anyway)

-Um Go KJ Noons if that fight should have a part 2.
Twenty20Dollars
6/15/08 2:45:39PM
i think you mean CBS
nickcuc547
6/15/08 3:23:33PM
i would love to see diaz tool kj noons, he just comes off as a cocky pretty boy to me. if he doesn't give nick a rematch it's a travesty.
gartface
6/15/08 3:32:37PM

Posted by nickcuc547

i would love to see diaz tool kj noons, he just comes off as a cocky pretty boy to me. if he doesn't give nick a rematch it's a travesty.

He has the belt. I think he's entitled to be a little cocky. But the Nick Diaz was just plain disrespectful to KJ, and it disgusted me to no end.
nickcuc547
6/15/08 5:10:52PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by nickcuc547

He has the belt. I think he's entitled to be a little cocky. But the Nick Diaz was just plain disrespectful to KJ, and it disgusted me to no end.

forgive me for being cynical but that looked a little staged to me, i am beginning to dislike the production of elitexc more and more each time i watch. they have a solid group of talent and their fights have been pretty entertaining but its production is too wwe like for me.
jimmypockets
6/15/08 10:05:02PM
I think there needs to be a fine handed down for the water bottle throwing. It could have went out of the cage spraying one of the Elite XC dancing girls and their spray tans could have washed off.
Jackelope
6/15/08 11:45:24PM

Posted by jimmypockets

I think there needs to be a fine handed down for the water bottle throwing. It could have went out of the cage spraying one of the Elite XC dancing girls and their spray tans could have washed off.

LOL

I pretty much left out the whole Diaz incident from this thread for fear of it spiralling down the Diaz vs. Noons road. I will say this- I agree that EliteXC made a mistake by allowing Nick Diaz into the cage like that. We've seen this same thing in boxing and you'd figure they'd learn from it all.

This is all part of the reason why I don't support EliteXC as an MMA organization.