Random UFC 111 thoughts haha

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Random UFC 111 thoughts haha
NatedawgThaM
3/28/10 3:36:23AM
Was painful to watch GSP pass and get to every single dominate position and still couldn't finish him, Hardy is a tough S.O.B though even though I think GSP could have hit him more.

Frank Mir looked real good in shape, but Carwin had the perfect gameplan smashing him against the cage and finishing him off, he's the real deal but looked very smaller then Lesnar haha I think he'll have alot of trouble with Brock. Dan Margliotta is a moron(I know their's no fighter bashing but I forget the rule about refs? Apologize in advance) but Mir took an unnecessary beating which is uncalled for like in the Brown-Sell fight. I get give them a chance but when he isn't moving with his face kissing the canvas its for a reason.

Fitch still looked dominant, don't think it's cuz he's boring but Saunders just was a bad style for him. Standing with him was too risky but Saunders long limbs neutralized him even though I think the one stand up was BS in the 2nd after Fitch got half guard and was drilling Ben with elbows and punches.

Shame Bocek lost, it was a great opportunity but I think Jim definitely won rounds 1 and 3. Cant believe Bocek survived the kimura, Miller survived the BJ arm trap body triangle. Good fight though, just wasn't as good because not the most appealing match up but a good fight I thought.

Palharas that was a dick move but he's still a beast. Glad he got fined, I hope that Drawl dont get released, give him one last chance at least. Palharas-Cote/Belcher winner or Bisping?

Nate Diaz looked real good IMO. I know Rory isn't that breathe taking, but IMO looked to have more speed and power. Only 24 I think hes in the right division for him, just when he faces grinding wrestlers he'll be in trouble. Almedia looked good, impressed me too. Can't wait to see them both move on.

Overall I think Alves not fighting ruined the whole card since it killed the 2 most exciting fights that you probably expected to be a war since the 2 main events to me seemed like definite quick ones. Just a lot of fights were just slow but still decent. Not mad I payed for it. Just a little disappointed thats all. Especially since GSP represents MMA in nike ads and powerade ads but he's not really wowing any people now with MMA skill, more physical ability.

TOMMYAYO05
3/28/10 6:52:41AM

Frank mir-disapointment i think he was way to focused on lesnar and didnt see the bricks attached to carwins hands coming! next opponet probably cain or junior

Shane Carwin-Im not going to lie and say i want suprised i was very impressed those hands are lethal,as of his next fight.Lesnar should out wrestle him but we have seen brock hurt from less than what carwin is.Cant wait id say 70-30% lesnar wins though.

Gsp-BORING!but this is mma a win is a win,he fights not to lose which is ok because he is winning.Id say he gets Kos next and id say kos will be the man to beat him.First time kos was way less of a fighter.

Dan Hardy-Tough SOB but he is behind Kos,Fitch,Alves and i think even johnson.Dont count on seeing him come back to the top anytime soon people.

Fitch-Great performance id like to see him and hardy in the octagon next!

Nate Diaz-looked good to me never going to be great though,his brother is awsome right now but him beating gsp?kos?fitch?alves?johnson?daley?hardy? he needs to do himself a favor and head back down.

Overall thoughts-Decent card not Great but decent,Alves really hurt this card.Looking forward to the next three those should be great barring no injuries.
SmileR
3/28/10 8:10:46AM
Dan Margliotta is a moron! That man should not be allowed to ref one more fight. He had a terrible showing against Fitch and the stand ups were a joke but the Mir fight proved he is incapable of knowing when a fight is over! Even the girls we watched with were screaming he's out before he even noticed!

I was shocked with Mir, I honestly thought he'd learned from his mistakes with Lesnar but as its said above he must of forgot Carwin has bombs in his gloves.

Fitch is still one hell of a fighter! Without doubt the second best WW in the world!
mrsmiley
3/28/10 8:49:25AM
So where does everyone place Carwin in the HW rankings now?
It's hard for me to justify placing Brock above Carwin,despite Brock holding the strap.

State_Champ
3/28/10 9:53:40AM
GSP: couldn't finish? refused to finish?
Mir:
Carwin: ....did what was expected.. Look forward to him fighting Brock.
Fitch: wrestled.
Miller: Wow. what a survivor! awesome fight.
Hardy: I like Hardy better in losing than GSP in winning. Hardy sure has a lot of heart.

one more time- Mir:
emfleek
3/28/10 10:12:11AM

Posted by SmileR

Dan Margliotta is a moron! That man should not be allowed to ref one more fight. He had a terrible showing against Fitch and the stand ups were a joke but the Mir fight proved he is incapable of knowing when a fight is over! Even the girls we watched with were screaming he's out before he even noticed!

I was shocked with Mir, I honestly thought he'd learned from his mistakes with Lesnar but as its said above he must of forgot Carwin has bombs in his gloves.

Fitch is still one hell of a fighter! Without doubt the second best WW in the world!

Agreed an all counts.
Khaos
3/28/10 10:25:31AM

Posted by State_Champ
one more time- Mir:

I disapprove.

and I completely agree with the statements said about Migliotta. Carwin was impressive, and i am just sour because I am a die hard Mir fan.

I thought all the fights were entertaining, though the only thing I enjoyed about the GSP fight was Hardy escaping those two subs, I would really like to see more out of GSP, or at least a few more risks taken by him.
State_Champ
3/28/10 10:27:34AM

Posted by Khaos

I thought all the fights were entertaining, though the only thing I enjoyed about the GSP fight was Hardy escaping those two subs, I would really like to see more out of GSP, or at least a few more risks taken by him.

prozacnation1978
3/28/10 11:08:40AM
my thoughts

gsp match was broring, couldn't believe gsp could not sub him or tko him, i have more respect for hardy now, he is a tough sob!!!
i need to start putting decisions for gsp instead of finishes i never learn!!!
but at least gsp won,

mir vs carwin
i picked mir cause of his his bulk up, and how he beat kongo easily after 2 min in the fight i knew i was gonna lose cause mir wanted to trade punches and not pull his ass down and sub him, i don't like mir, and i wanted carwin vs lesnar more than mir vs lesnar 3
carwin is fast and explosive, he would knock out cain and lesnar
he is my pick come july 3rd

fitch vs saunders
i expected more out of saunders, but he just got mauled, fitch is boring but he gets the job done, should fitch get next title shot?? i would think so 12-1 in ufc 4 fight win streak, why kos?? he lost 2 out of his last 5 fights

miller vs bocek, was awesome, bocek really suprised me, he should have won the fight, my buddies and i saw the score card and said bocek won, we were stunned to see miller win it, should be fight of the night honors

i do see miller facing pellegrino next

kurt looked awesome, great fight as well, he is a great guy, good personality glad to see him on a run.

markham looked drained, like he gave up, he will be cut
almeida looked good,

overall the card was alright, not the best card this year but not the worst either but i did enjoy ufc 110 more than this, one
State_Champ
3/28/10 11:46:20AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

my thoughts
he is my pick come july 3rd......

he would knock out cain and lesnar? what about the other recent coontender, JDS?
jae_1833
3/28/10 1:18:53PM
My random thoughts / useless opinions:
Frank looked awesome at the weigh ins and all but let us never forget again that just a little while ago he was getting KOed by Brandon Vera....the guys jaw is good , but not Iron! Carwin hits with 1 shot KO Power....not to be taken lightly, I give him a good shot against Brock, Mir could possibly gt KOed by JDS if he cam in to fight a striker's battle with him.
Fitch needs to practice his submissions...the dominant ones like head and arm triangle chokes and sub an opponent or two if he ever wants to have a shot at the title again.
GSP needs to do the same, and stop being so afraid of the stand up battle which he was first known for!
Miller Bocek got robbed....FOTN IMO easy! They both did so well, big Miller fan and now I am a Bocek fan as well, I used to consider him the LW Eric Schaffer, not any more....that dude comes to scrap!
Palhares........I think fighters should be allowed to let go of the sub if his opponent is tapping and it is obvious, but there are cheaters out there for sure. Now when the ref is telling you to let go, just do it, He should be happy he didn't get "Babalued" (write that down, you can use it) after that move....2 more seconds would have done it for sure. The Logos should definately be fixed somehow, this is not the first guy to have fallen because of them! Drwal (if he isn't too f-ed up) should get another match up real soon, hopefully a striker to because the guy is tough as nails, comes to bang, and can wrestle pretty well too. To talented / hard working to cut IMO. Give him Leben!
Diaz...what can I say, another awesome night for him, spitting image of his brother! Love the Diaz bros!
Dan Mirgliotta.....this guy is getting as bad as "Mustachegotti" (another little gem you can canabolize) the dude just doesn't seem to call them right, always a couple seconds early or a couple of seconds late....that job just has to be hard because of the criticism but damn dude! It's your job!! Get it together man!
gartface
3/28/10 1:22:11PM

i do see miller facing pellegrino next

kurt looked awesome, great fight as well, he is a great guy, good personality glad to see him on a run.

Was glad to see someone talk about Batman. He was mighty impressive last night against Camoes. Though illegal, the way he dropped Camoes on his head was nice, and then the ability to scramble and get his back.
chickmagnet
3/28/10 2:19:52PM

Posted by State_Champ

my thoughts
he is my pick come july 3rd......

he would knock out cain and lesnar? what about the other recent coontender, JDS?

I dont think he'd be able to hit JDS, hes way too fast.
Hendo67
3/28/10 2:51:07PM
I don't like Mir at all, so seeing him face first on the ground made me like it.