Rampage vs Wanderlei 3

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage vs Wanderlei 3
zach66700
9/15/08 6:17:47PM
Everyone is talking about Lesner vs couture

but did u see they are also going to have wanderlei vs rampage for ufc 91
Chuteboxer
9/15/08 6:19:24PM
I think there's already been a thread on this, but i'm not sure...
dannyfrank
9/15/08 6:29:27PM
id take wandy for this fight
Mchubb316
9/15/08 6:37:28PM
I don't think that it is quite official yet. This news is about a week old. I like Wand in this fight. Rampage was on a roll, and on top of the UFC. It will be interesting how he reacts to failure. Should be a good fight.
bullettdodger
9/15/08 6:41:26PM
This is for sure a must see match up. I hope page comes back strong, but i am also a big Wandy fan. I wish both these guys a good showing and if they both do in fact show up to battle, i think we'll have a barn burner. I gotta say Wandy by TKO but like the poster before me, Rampage has been on an absolute roll till he met with Forrest.
Twenty20Dollars
9/15/08 6:45:06PM
wandy takes it like he did in the past two fights.
postman
9/15/08 7:09:20PM
I just saw on the picks list that the fight was up i wasn't on the net at all this weekend so I missed them making it offical. I will be picking Wandy!
Twenty20Dollars
9/15/08 8:09:57PM
its not official
Khaos
9/15/08 9:18:33PM
Like I've said before, official or not, Wanderlei by TKO in the 3rd.
stock
9/16/08 9:16:44AM
I'd rather see both fighters fight someone different.
Unless it is for a title, I see no reason those two should fight again.
hodge
9/16/08 2:11:49PM
UFC 91 should be swapped round with 92, i mean 2 superfights is way more interesting for the new years eve card than 2 potentially boring title fights.
zach66700
9/16/08 3:49:27PM
Who's in 92?
MFOTHER
9/16/08 5:26:55PM
i would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have shogun/page

how many times does wandy need to beat this guy
bls1919
9/16/08 9:11:11PM
I dont see this fight going a different way than the first two. Wandy is coming off a huge KO win over Jardine, and seems to have his career on track for a title shot. Page has come off the niggest loss in his career and went postal.............cant pick page to win. he will want to stand with Wandy and he is toast if he does. Muai Thai Clinch Knee KO 2nd round.
casey64
9/16/08 9:19:47PM
Wandy all the way.
breakdown5
9/16/08 9:37:15PM
Wandy will probably destroy Rampage just like the first two fights. But I don't care. I'm really looking forward to this fight and hope it will be a little more even than the previous encounters. Rampage always said that if he fought Wandy in the cage he would beat him, and has hinted at Wandy being on the roids and biased officiating in PRIDE as reasons why he lost before (unnecessary standups, etc.). But the way I remember those fights was Wandy absolutely putting a savage beat down on Rampage.
the_01
9/17/08 6:43:36AM
Both fighters are major stars in the UFC, so for any of them to lose, its a big loss for the UFC itself. I wouldnt want this to happen now, but if it did, oh well.
I hope we see a war between them just like they did in Pride.
Taylor8766
9/17/08 9:29:09AM
Wandy is gunna do what he did the last two times, and Wandy will get a shot with the winner of Forrest/Rashad and win the title.
gsquat
9/17/08 11:54:30AM
Wandy will win. Aside from the fact Wandy has proven to be a horrible matchup for Rampage, I'm not sure Quinton's head is gonna be right yet. I don't see Wandy getting a title shot even after that though. One more big fight then he will.
Stills79
9/17/08 5:18:26PM

Posted by Mchubb316

I don't think that it is quite official yet. This news is about a week old. I like Wand in this fight. Rampage was on a roll, and on top of the UFC. It will be interesting how he reacts to failure. Should be a good fight.

I think we already saw how Rampage reacts to failure..
jgtribbett
9/17/08 10:08:48PM
wandy 3rd tko
Aaronno9
9/17/08 10:30:17PM

Posted by breakdown5

Wandy will probably destroy Rampage just like the first two fights. But I don't care. I'm really looking forward to this fight and hope it will be a little more even than the previous encounters. Rampage always said that if he fought Wandy in the cage he would beat him, and has hinted at Wandy being on the roids and biased officiating in PRIDE as reasons why he lost before (unnecessary standups, etc.). But the way I remember those fights was Wandy absolutely putting a savage beat down on Rampage.

You must not have the best of memories then becouse in one of the fights rampage was winning, and had wandy down, then the ref made a bad call standing them up and the rest is history.

This fight couldnt come at a worse time for rampage though. Wandy seems to have settled really well at cotoures, and hes coming of a really good win to get his confidence back. Rampage on the other hand, just split with his coach and is obviously going through a hard time right now. Not to mention hes coming off a loss to Griffin. Sucks for rampage, if youd asked me who takes it before the Forrest fight id pick rampage all the way, but recent events make me think wandys going to smash him.
XxChuteBoxexX
9/18/08 1:21:02PM
Wandy via UD
AxeMurderer97
9/18/08 8:53:45PM
Wandy via Clinch
tlangley
9/19/08 1:38:29AM
Rampage via gnp
haggiswashere
9/19/08 4:32:55AM
Silva is gonna make his real comeback. TKO 2nd round