Rampage and trainer Juanito Ibarra part ways

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage and trainer Juanito Ibarra part ways
ricoj3323
7/29/08 6:31:30PM
I was reading a article on cagepotato.com that indeed rampage and Juanito Ibarra have decided to go their seperate ways, its believed to be over money. I thought Juanito Ibarra did a good job with rampage and its interesting to see whose going to train rampage now
casketcoin
7/29/08 6:57:08PM
i would like to see who Juanito is going to train now
casketcoin
7/29/08 6:58:09PM
can he carry bisping to the MW title with his little top hat
prozacnation1978
7/29/08 7:02:41PM
sorry to hear this i hope rampage can take in all the juanito taught him and get his belt back
Copenhagen
7/29/08 9:09:09PM
I think it's best in a way for Rampage. Juanito offered Rampage pure boxing in a hybrid sport. It was very noticeable to me in the Forrest fight. Rampage kept to his boxing stance the whole fight, and was unable to check Forrest's kicks. Juanito is great at what he does, but he too needs to adapt his training more towards MMA.
Jackelope
7/29/08 9:21:57PM

Posted by Copenhagen

I think it's best in a way for Rampage. Juanito offered Rampage pure boxing in a hybrid sport. It was very noticeable to me in the Forrest fight. Rampage kept to his boxing stance the whole fight, and was unable to check Forrest's kicks. Juanito is great at what he does, but he too needs to adapt his training more towards MMA.

I agree. There's no denying the combinations and head movement Jackson displayed in that fight, but his overall MMA standup game was lacking. His stance was straight up and down with a slight lean on the back foot. It's a big part of the reason why he couldn't check the leg kicks and also why he couldn't maintain the punching exchange distance IMO. Props for the observation.

BTW- In Jackson and Ibarra's defense Forrest has never shown impressive leg kicks throughout the whole range of the body before that fight IMO. He's thrown them, but he mostly pit patted with boxing standup before.

itsfrankwhite
7/29/08 11:29:18PM
There is more possibility for Rampage to expand his ground/grappling game now.

Obviously depending on who his next trainer will be.