If Rampage did take the title fight at 128...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If Rampage did take the title fight at 128...
POLL: If Rampage took the fight at 128, would he have won?
YES 50% (15)
NO 50% (15)
TS92turbo
3/23/11 6:43:10PM
If Rampage was able to make the weight, and took the fight, would he have beaten the Shogun we saw at 128?

I think yes.

Shogun was just totally ring rusted and gassed by the first.
Chael_Sonnen
3/23/11 6:45:06PM
NO!!!

Same result>>>>>though, this time in rd 4.
TS92turbo
3/23/11 6:50:02PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

NO!!!

That may have been the WORST Shogun I have ever seen, and he was my favorite fighter at a point (Jones isnt really my top favorite, its just I like a lot more fighters). I think Rampage could have taken him. Shogun's Cardio was worse than Shane Carwins. Carwin at least didnt get gassed the first round w/ Lesnar. It was the second.
sbulldavid
3/23/11 7:02:59PM
I know that wasn't the best Shogun, but I'm starting to think that Shogun is never going to be healthy for a long period ever again. I think Rampage probably would have lost again, Jon Jones is a whole different style of fighter and just was too much that's all there is to that.
Twenty20Dollars
3/23/11 7:33:36PM
I think Rampage would have won because Shogun looked a little flabby and out of shape. But who knows how good Rampage would be in just 4 weeks.
chickmagnet
3/23/11 9:04:06PM

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

NO!!!

That may have been the WORST Shogun I have ever seen, and he was my favorite fighter at a point (Jones isnt really my top favorite, its just I like a lot more fighters). I think Rampage could have taken him. Shogun's Cardio was worse than Shane Carwins. Carwin at least didnt get gassed the first round w/ Lesnar. It was the second.

Your giving little credit to Jon Jones. Was it the worst Shogun weve sen? or the best Jon jones weve seen? Jones takes fighters, who look outstanding: Bader, Vera, Hamill, and even Bonnar.

I think Shogun wouldve mauled the legs of Page and made him quit by the third.
TS92turbo
3/23/11 9:09:24PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

NO!!!

Your giving little credit to Jon Jones. Was it the worst Shogun weve sen? or the best Jon jones weve seen? Jones takes fighters, who look outstanding: Bader, Vera, Hamill, and even Bonnar.

I think Shogun wouldve mauled the legs of Page and made him quit by the third.

Yeah I never thought of it that way. Also Rampage had 6 weeks. So we never know.
Cooler
3/24/11 1:06:27AM
Too many factors to really gauge who was in better shape, Rampage on 4-6 weeks notice or Shogun coming off yet another knee injury. Stylistically Shogun still a terrible matchup for Rampage and nearly the whole division imo. I think he probably would have gassed faster than Shogun did against Jones because Jones is just a different fighter, Rampage wont try to wear Shogun out like Jones did.

Jones proved he was the best LHW last saturday because he's the GSP of LHW, he mixes it up greatly and uses his huge reach and kicks to gauge the distance, basically Ive never seen someone use their reach better than Jones did last weekened, it was simply brilliant (although the front kicks to shoguns knees were dirty imo).

I think Rampage wouldve definitely lasted longer than last time, maybe even winning this time but I just cant see Rampage coming up with a different gameplan to counter what Shogun has to offer. I would literally not pick against Shogun unless he and Jones rematch, and there would have to be a real good reason to pick Shogun again for me. He is my favorite fighter of all time and it was hard to watch him have a 0% success rate in there against a kid who never fought a legit top 10.
TeamDEY
3/24/11 1:25:14AM
If it was the same Shogun that fought in the Jon Jones fight, then yes
BeeR
3/24/11 6:05:15AM
Shogun was worn down not in bad shape.

Would you say Rich was out of shape against anderson? or did he just look useless because of the rib shots.

shogun took some heavy knees to the body, and those bony pointy knees will destroy ribs.