Rampage Slam

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage Slam
Adrenaline
2/26/12 4:41:09AM
I don't care that Page was not in top form or how the fight played out. The only thing that matters is that Rampage finally slammed someone again, and in Japan of all places. Enjoy

FastKnockout
2/26/12 12:49:24PM
+ = my face during the slam
bjj1605
2/26/12 5:37:52PM
The slam was only "OK" though. Bader twisted out half way through so there wasn't much power behind it.
LightsOUT23
2/26/12 6:47:37PM
Rampage is still one dimensional. I cannot believe this guy isn't changing up his skill set. These new breed of mma fighters like bader and others are evolving, Rampage hasn't. It wasn't pretty, but bader took it two rounds to one for my money.
loonytnt
2/27/12 2:56:07AM
RAmpage is Rampage and will nvr change how he fights. Wish he made weight
Theoutlaw08
2/27/12 12:20:03PM
I think the slam didnt do much at all. I wish Rampage still had the power and striking skills he used to have. Rampage is on a decline/leveled out. The younger generation of guys keep getting better and more well versed. Could be a bitter end to a solid career for Page.
KungFuMaster
2/27/12 1:11:33PM
That slam took me by surprise and for a good while, I felt as though I was staying up late while watching Pride. I was in such ecstasy and was only brought back to the present time after the official decision was read.

Rampage was known for his slams in Pride ..............and after many years, he came back home and did it again as an aging fighter - for the people of Japan. That move was reminiscent of a true warrior who mustered his last bit of strength to do something meaningful before he dies.

By the power invested in me, I now strip Rampage of his 4 ounce gloves and declare Rampage a Samurai and he will now join all the great legendary Samurais of Japan.

Even on a more serious note, I truly believe Rampage deserves a bonus for the slam and for the reason(s) I stated above.
prozacnation1978
2/27/12 2:14:02PM
I thought bader was gonna have his neck broke after that slam
emfleek
2/27/12 3:27:54PM

Posted by bjj1605

The slam was only "OK" though. Bader twisted out half way through so there wasn't much power behind it.

Apparently there was enough...

"He’s a strong dude so he picked me up and slammed me right on my head, and I was out of it, honestly, for a little bit. But I recovered and that’s what it’s about, just staying in there and battling, and that’s what happened.”
bjj1605
2/27/12 4:20:04PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by bjj1605

Apparently there was enough...

"He’s a strong dude so he picked me up and slammed me right on my head, and I was out of it, honestly, for a little bit. But I recovered and that’s what it’s about, just staying in there and battling, and that’s what happened.”

I'm not saying it was worthless or anything.

I got pretty excited when he picked him up. It was one of those "on cue" moments.

I said to my buddy, "How cool would it be if Rampage slammed him right now?"

It was just a little lower impact than some of his Pride slams.

Still bad ass though.