Rampage vs. A. Silva... the only fight that makes sense for either right now.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage vs. A. Silva... the only fight that makes sense for either right now.
ncordless
11/5/07 4:45:54PM
Anderson Silva has no clear contenders for his belt.

Rampage Jackson has no clear contenders for his belt after UFC 76.

Why not set the titles aside and let these two battle it out for the no. 1 P4P ranking? It would be a huge fight for fans, and it would almost definitely get Fedor dethroned as the top P4P for those that still have him there.

Franklin is always spoken of as a huge MW, and Anderson dwarfs Ace, so I don't think that Silva would have any troubles gaining a little good weight, (or just not dropping quite so much).

What are your thoughts?
ohiostate1016
11/5/07 4:54:52PM
LOL. Rampage has no clear contenders? What about the winner of Rashad/Bisping, Forrest Griffin, Keith Jardine, and Wandi/Chuck?

I agree that Silva has no contenders, but they still have about 5 months until he has to fight again. There could be a match against Filho or Trigg available then. Then, after that, there could be a match against someone like Cung Le or Robbie Lawler coming in from another org. So it's not THAT bad.
CwB
11/5/07 4:57:00PM
that would be an awesome fight, i dont ever seeing happening, ufc is no pride when it comes to open weight matches.

as far as the fight goes i see rampage losing the stand up we have all seen what happens to him when he fights a guy with great muay thai skills (shogun)

but if rampage can basically dominate henderson on the ground then i could see rampage destroying A. Silva on the ground.

I say all in all rampage gets A silva down for a third round GnP stopage.
or maybe another huge slam once A Silva gets him in an armbar...
loonytnt
11/5/07 5:54:54PM
chuck has no chance to beat rampage..wandy can, but i would like to see tito vs rampage and silva can be beat but not by anyone in the ufc atm, i think ufc need to spend some money on some MW
ufc88
11/5/07 6:09:47PM
rampage would most likely take silva down and maul him in the words of joe rogan however if Anderson could keep it standing he would win by KO, if youve ever seen Rampage vs Wandy x2 or Rampage vs Shogun, rampage just cannot defend the thai clinch just like franklin couldnt. this fight would most likely goto rampage because his wrestling pedigree would allow him to goto the ground and pound him out but if Anderson could devise a plan to keep it standing i dont think rampage has the ability to beat a well-established muay thai striker
NatedawgThaM
11/5/07 6:51:10PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

LOL. Rampage has no clear contenders? What about the winner of Rashad/Bisping, Forrest Griffin, Keith Jardine, and Wandi/Chuck?

I agree that Silva has no contenders, but they still have about 5 months until he has to fight again. There could be a match against Filho or Trigg available then. Then, after that, there could be a match against someone like Cung Le or Robbie Lawler coming in from another org. So it's not THAT bad.

Rashad/Bispin winner- Don't deserve squat after two should be loses in there last fights on there record...

Forrest Griffin- Yeah he beat Shogun but had a lackluster performance against Hector Rameriz and got KTFO by Jardine. Maybe after another win her deserves it...

Keith Jardine- Houston deserves a shot over him. He obliterated him. Yeah he beat Chuck but Chuck is EXTREMELY overrated IMO and needs to retire and rock around in a rocking chair. Yeah he beat Forrest but Forrest was winning so was it a lucky punch?I would like a rematch with the winner DESERVING a title shot...

Wandy- Has lost two straight. But HE IS THE MOST DESERVING out of everybody for already beating the man twice. After he runs through Liddell I think he the only CLEAR contender

Chuck- Dont even get me started...Rampage has already whooped his ass twice. That fight with Jardine SHOULD have been Unanimous but the judges are so far up his behind(IMO). After Wandy brutally KOs him I think he should retire...

That's just IMO...

I think in this fight Rampage wins by 2nd rd.stoppage. I think Rampage has great striking and a GREAT chin! I think he could EASILY slam him down and stop him.
mk1630
11/5/07 7:02:55PM
This would be up there for fight of the year without a doubt. Both great strikers but i think id have to give the edge to Silva even though only a small edge. I would give Silva the edge on the ground too because even if rampage got on top and started to GnP, Silvas still tricky and can slip on an armbar from bottom position.
ncordless
11/5/07 9:09:14PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Rashad/Bispin winner- Don't deserve squat after two should be loses on there last record...

Forrest Griffin- Yeah he beat Shogun but had a lackluster performance against Hecto rameriz and got KTFO by Jardine. Maybe after another win her deserves it...

Keith Jardine- Houston deserves a shot over him. He obliterated him. Yeah he beat Chuck but Chuck is EXTREMELY overrated IMO and needs to retire and rock around in a rocking chair. Yeah he beat Forrest but Forrest was winning so was it a lucky punch?I would like a rematch with the winner DESERVING a title shot...

Wandy- Has lost two straight. But HE IS THE MOST DESERVING out of everybody for already beating the man twice. After he runs through Liddell I think he the only CLEAR contender

Chuck- Dont even get me started...Rampage has already whooped his ass twice. That fight with Jardine SHOULD have been Unanimous but the judges are so far up his behind(IMO). After Wandy brutally KOs him I think he should retire...

That's just IMO...

I think in this fight Rampage wins by 2nd rd.stoppage. I think Rampage has great striking and a GREAT chin! I think he could EASILY slam him down and stop him.

I don't see any of the fighters at 205 ready for the title shot without at least one more win. Bisping/Evans.... that's funny.
MMALifer
11/6/07 1:12:19AM
Doing that is like bringing a celebrity onto a game show. Its is a sign of the end.

UFC fights are regulated now. Fighters have to make weight so this fight never happens.

I still think there are plenty of options here.

Finding a matchup for Silva is a tough one but Rampage has 5-6 options all mentioned earlier in the thread.

I think the major problem is that the LHW is stacked and the MW division is weak. They need to find some guys to drop weight or find some new contenders.

TheHitmanTL
11/6/07 1:17:23AM
ya i gotta say that id rather see hughes fight anderson silva rather than jackson fight him cus imo jackson has WAY more competitors to compete with
HulkRage
11/6/07 1:55:21AM
Silva has cleared most of the MW div. but there are still a few out there, but Page on the other hand still has a lot of good fighters he will have to fight.
Naturaldisaster
11/7/07 9:59:28AM
Silva vs. Rampage makes no sense! THAT JUST STUPID BUDDY
mkiv9secsupra
11/7/07 4:16:35PM

Posted by ufc88

rampage would most likely take silva down and maul him in the words of joe rogan however if Anderson could keep it standing he would win by KO, if youve ever seen Rampage vs Wandy x2 or Rampage vs Shogun, rampage just cannot defend the thai clinch just like franklin couldnt. this fight would most likely goto rampage because his wrestling pedigree would allow him to goto the ground and pound him out but if Anderson could devise a plan to keep it standing i dont think rampage has the ability to beat a well-established muay thai striker

Henderson was almost pulling off submissions on Rampage. I think a bjj blackbelt and the extremely active guard of silva would beat rampage on the ground and andersons muay thai is better than silva's and shogun's. And Anderson has more reach than Silva and Shogun. There really wouldnt be much more than a punchers chance in this fight.

This fight will never happen anyways. After Rampage comes back next year he will have contenders gunning for his title so he should have no business going out of his weightclass to take on someone who wont do much of anything with his career at the moment.
tlangley
11/7/07 8:55:56PM
after Rampage avenges some of his losses, yeah, this would be a good idea
Stickan
11/7/07 9:46:10PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Oh god.. you still talk about Lawler, Cung Le, Trigg and Filho like they were UFC guys! You don't think EliteXC will do everything and anything in their power to keep Lawler? Strikeforce has Cung Le and won't release him for a looong time. According to Versus they don't want WEC to be a feeder organization so I doubt Filho will be in the UFC anytime soon. I don't know what's up with Trigg but I do know that Dana doesn't like him.

You can't count fighters under contract with other organizations as UFC contenders!!! UFC isn't the only promoter out there, which will probably be very apparent soon.
Kastro
11/7/07 11:20:11PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Agreed.. Rampage has his hands full @ 205 right now with the arrival of Shogun and Wandy and with the recent upset victories by Griffin and Jardine, as well as the so called #1 contender match happening in just over a week with Bisping and Rashad... lets also not forget about Machida!

Anderson on the other hand has pretty much taken out most of the contenders at 185lbs in the UFC right now with the exception of Okami.. but with the time he has off the UFC has the chance to build up more challenges for him.

However though if the UFC wanted to pit Silva against Rampage that would be a battle to remember!