Why Rampage shouldn't get rematch with Forrest first

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Why Rampage shouldn't get rematch with Forrest first
Pskinner_mma314
8/6/08 3:42:24AM
Alot of controversy after UFC 86's title match where we saw Forrest griffin become champion. To be honest, I don't know why, I scored the fight for Forrest as a split decision, not unanimous, but guess thats why I'm a fighter not a judge.

But Forrest did win, now if it was a situation like GSP v Serra 2, where Forrest is slated to fight, gets injured and Rampage steps up in his place and wins, I definitely agree.

But if you give Rampage the rematch, given he will even be in a good enough mental state to fight, simply because of controversy, then a whole mess of bullshit could happen where alot of deserving contenders will have to wait even longer for their shot. Say Rampage v Forrest 2 ends in a controversial decision with Rampage as the winner, then you have to give Forrest another shot. So basically in a year and a half these two would be the only ones in the title picture. I love Forrest as champion and I think he deserves some respect in being given the chance to defend his title against someone other than Rampage.

I think give him winner of Silva v Machida, give Rampage Wanderlei, and then move on from there.
mrsmiley
8/6/08 7:21:46AM
Most likely if Chuck beats Rashad he will get a title shot.
Hell i'm willing to bet even if Chuck loses he will get a title shot.LOL
postman
8/6/08 9:09:19AM
Dude I don't know if you know this but Page isn't fighting for a long time if ever agian. He hit a pregnat womans car and she lost the baby. While we can all say I don't know if that had anything to do with her losing it a lawer is going to do a much better job at making a jury belive it did. I think we may have seen the last of Rampage Jackson.
TWITA
8/6/08 9:17:17AM

Posted by postman

Dude I don't know if you know this but Page isn't fighting for a long time if ever agian. He hit a pregnat womans car and she lost the baby. While we can all say I don't know if that had anything to do with her losing it a lawer is going to do a much better job at making a jury belive it did. I think we may have seen the last of Rampage Jackson.

grappler0000
8/6/08 10:07:05AM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

To be honest, I don't know why, I scored the fight for Forrest as a split decision, not unanimous, but guess thats why I'm a fighter not a judge.

Impossible...1 person cannot score a fight as a split decision.
gsquat
8/6/08 10:23:04AM

Posted by grappler0000

To be honest, I don't know why, I scored the fight for Forrest as a split decision, not unanimous, but guess thats why I'm a fighter not a judge.

I scored the fight a draw because of Rampage's laying around in round two, I think it was. Barring insanity, I think he deserves a rematch.
mkiv9secsupra
8/6/08 10:31:08AM

Posted by grappler0000

Pskinner, you FAIL
casey64
8/6/08 10:56:07AM

Alot of controversy after UFC 86's title match where we saw Forrest griffin become champion. To be honest, I don't know why, I scored the fight for Forrest as a split decision, not unanimous, but guess thats why I'm a fighter not a judge.

But Forrest did win, now if it was a situation like GSP v Serra 2, where Forrest is slated to fight, gets injured and Rampage steps up in his place and wins, I definitely agree.

But if you give Rampage the rematch, given he will even be in a good enough mental state to fight, simply because of controversy, then a whole mess of bullshit could happen where alot of deserving contenders will have to wait even longer for their shot. Say Rampage v Forrest 2 ends in a controversial decision with Rampage as the winner, then you have to give Forrest another shot. So basically in a year and a half these two would be the only ones in the title picture. I love Forrest as champion and I think he deserves some respect in being given the chance to defend his title against someone other than Rampage.

I think give him winner of Silva v Machida, give Rampage Wanderlei, and then move on from there.

MFOTHER
8/6/08 11:45:28AM

Posted by grappler0000

no come on....i get it....2/3 of him thought forrest won, but that last third of his is a page nuthugger, it gave him the W
Rollins
8/6/08 1:56:07PM
Oh man thats too much, I'm so glad I stumbled over this post.

Hey skinner, tell us how you came to that dec. We would all love to know.
Pskinner_mma314
8/6/08 3:00:12PM
ok so like starting right here, all of u lost the whole point of this post, and decided that it was more important to point out a mistake.

What I mean by that is I figured thats the decision what all the judges together would come to.

So there ya go, now that ya'll have probably ruined my credibility on anything, ya'll can blow me, and i'll make sure my next post suites all ur needs the right way, complete with a bunch of stuff that doesn't make sense so u can point and laugh.
Rollins
8/6/08 4:00:20PM
No dude, we're just messing with you. I understand the point you were trying to get across. This fight was sooo close one would expect 1 judge would have given Page one of those close rounds resulting in a split dec. This is the reason I feel like it wouldnt be unresonable to give him the re-match and if he won in a close fashion then yes Forrest would have got a re-match as well. Trilogies work well in the fight game and create excitment as well as making alot of money for all parties involved.

He probably would have got that re-match too (which would not been out of the question) had he not had the meltdown.

Now all of this is not quite as important as it was before to say the least.
MaxOne
8/20/08 1:05:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Nice!

Taylor8766
8/20/08 1:14:11PM
Winner of Chuck/Rashad gets title shot
Rampage should fight Shogun
Machida/Silva fight loser of Chuck/Rashad