Rampage was screwed by The UFC!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage was screwed by The UFC!!
Shadymlm
9/19/10 12:06:32AM
Rampage was screwed by The UFC. He should have gotten an immediate rematch against Forrest Griffin. Personally I thought he won the fight but with as close as it was he should have gotten a rematch. I thought that then and I definitely think even more so now. Shogun got a rematch on a controversial decision as did BJ with a decision that wasn't as bad and the worst one to date was Chael getting one after he was finished and he wasn't even the champion.

So instead of the rematch Rampage gets Wandy, fine whatever he's definitely getting a rematch if he beats Silva... What does he do? KO's Silva in spectacular fashion.

Rampage: Okay I just beat Silva when do I fight Rashad?

UFC: Ummmm...

Rampage: Umm what? Am I not getting the next title shot?

UFC: No.

Rampage: NO? What do you mean no? You mean to tell me after I was robbed of my belt and KO'd a legend that I still have one more fight before I get a shot at my belt. Who is it Forrest?

UFC: No not Forrest even though that would make sense, it's going to be, Keith Jardine. You 2 will fight to see who gets the next shot at the title.

Rampage: Wait you mean to tell me I have to fight the guy who was KO'd by Silva months ago and is only coming off of a win against Brandon Vera and the winner gets a title shot?

UFC: Yep.

Rampage: Whatever, I'll beat his ass too.

UFC: Congratulations Rampage you just earned your title shot against Rashad.

Rampage: I WANT MY BELT BACK!!!!!

UFC: There's only one catch though... The fight is in 9 weeks.

Rampage: Wait so I don't even get time to heal and have a full training camp?

UFC: Nope not if you want your title shot at Rashad.

Rampage: **** this! Ya'll on some bullshit. I'm goin to make a movie

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that folks is how Rampage got screwed and there is no need to tell me, I already know, it is a cool story... I wrote it.

Further more I believe that if Rampage fought Rashad before Machida did he would have KTFO out of him. Or if Rashad KO'd Machida Rampage would have KTFO him. Due to Rashad's confidence in his stand up. Machida did to Rashad what Serra did to GSP IMO.
seanfu
9/19/10 12:28:37AM
The UFC used to actually make people work their way back up after losing despite speculation. But now there's too much money in selling out into boxing models.
grappler0000
9/19/10 12:46:03AM
seanfu
9/19/10 1:46:21AM

Posted by grappler0000

Waiting for point.
grappler0000
9/19/10 7:43:00AM
You're not the only one.
warglory
9/19/10 10:19:25AM
Where in the UFC rulebook does it say that anyone gets a mandatory re-match, at all? LHW was a stacked division then, and is still a stacked division now, Joe Silva and the UFC owe Rampage nothing in terms of a re-match, he lost his title, therefore he will take whatever matches are dished out to him. After Evans won the title, Machida was the clear frontrunner for the title shot (which you so conveniently left out), so why would they throw Rampage back into the mix when someone like Machida was making huge waves? Rampage chose to run off and make movies, and now he has to climb back up the ladder.
Shadymlm
9/19/10 10:28:47AM

Posted by warglory

Where in the UFC rulebook does it say that anyone gets a mandatory re-match, at all? LHW was a stacked division then, and is still a stacked division now, Joe Silva and the UFC owe Rampage nothing in terms of a re-match, he lost his title, therefore he will take whatever matches are dished out to him. After Evans won the title, Machida was the clear frontrunner for the title shot (which you so conveniently left out), so why would they throw Rampage back into the mix when someone like Machida was making huge waves? Rampage chose to run off and make movies, and now he has to climb back up the ladder.

You're right there is nothing in the rulebook about it instant rematches, however if you look at Penn/Edgar Machida/Rua and worst of all the cheating Challenger that was finished FAIL SONNEN getting instant rematches then Rampage definitely deserved one especially considering the bs decision. But even after he wasn't he went and KTFO of Wandy and should have got it then. But according to Quinton Rashad said he wanted to hold the belt longer. So the he had to fight Jardine for the Shot. He won but then the UFC said he had to take the fight in 9 weeks and that wasn't enough time to heal so that's why Machida got the fight because Rampage wasn't healthy enough.

Next time don't let the post count fool you.
warglory
9/19/10 11:10:12AM

Posted by Shadymlm

Posted by warglory

You're right there is nothing in the rulebook about it instant rematches, however if you look at Penn/Edgar Machida/Rua and worst of all the cheating Challenger that was finished FAIL SONNEN getting instant rematches then Rampage definitely deserved one especially considering the bs decision. But even after he wasn't he went and KTFO of Wandy and should have got it then. But according to Quinton Rashad said he wanted to hold the belt longer. So the he had to fight Jardine for the Shot. He won but then the UFC said he had to take the fight in 9 weeks and that wasn't enough time to heal so that's why Machida got the fight because Rampage wasn't healthy enough.

Rampage deserved a title shot after beating a guy who had only won one fight in his last 4? And on top of that, the Evans-Griffin title fight was on the exact same card as the Rampage-Silva fight? And on top of that, Rampage should supercede a dude who dominated former champ Tito Ortiz and contender Thiago Silva in dramatic fashion AND was undefeated in career/UFC fights? Rampage lost, and when you lose in the lhw division, you get knocked down much more than you would in other divisions. You mention Rampage not getting an immediate shot, but neither did Evans, Griffin, Machida isn't going, and hell, Chuck didn't get an immediate shot either.

Rampage is an employee of the UFC, and he has no room to bitch and moan about who he fights, because he is paid a bunch of money. He had the title, and if he wanted to keep it, he should have finished the fight, any complaining otherwise is irrelevant.
king_katool
9/19/10 11:16:17AM
your leaving parts of this story out, here let me help

After lyoto beat rashad for the belt rampage declined a title shot and opted to film TUF and fight rashad, then drops out of that fight to make a movie, where he balloons up to 255, then puts on a pathetic effort against rashad losing a UD

Looks like rampage screwed rampage to me
Shadymlm
9/19/10 11:48:28AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Shadymlm

Posted by warglory

Rampage deserved a title shot after beating a guy who had only won one fight in his last 4? And on top of that, the Evans-Griffin title fight was on the exact same card as the Rampage-Silva fight? And on top of that, Rampage should supercede a dude who dominated former champ Tito Ortiz and contender Thiago Silva in dramatic fashion AND was undefeated in career/UFC fights? Rampage lost, and when you lose in the lhw division, you get knocked down much more than you would in other divisions. You mention Rampage not getting an immediate shot, but neither did Evans, Griffin, Machida isn't going, and hell, Chuck didn't get an immediate shot either.

Rampage is an employee of the UFC, and he has no room to bitch and moan about who he fights, because he is paid a bunch of money. He had the title, and if he wanted to keep it, he should have finished the fight, any complaining otherwise is irrelevant.

Yeah those fights he lost were to Hendo, Mirko and Chuck, lotta shame there... And Chuck and Forrest got KTFO where Rampage got a shitty decision. BIG DIFFERENCE. Rampage deserved an instant rematch. And if he didn't get an instant rematch he should have gotten one right after the impressive Wandy KO. But instead he had to fight the guy that Wandy KTFO before he lost to Rampage in order to get the title shot.
warglory
9/19/10 4:33:11PM

Posted by Shadymlm

Posted by warglory

Posted by Shadymlm

Posted by warglory

Yeah those fights he lost were to Hendo, Mirko and Chuck, lotta shame there... And Chuck and Forrest got KTFO where Rampage got a shitty decision. BIG DIFFERENCE. Rampage deserved an instant rematch. And if he didn't get an instant rematch he should have gotten one right after the impressive Wandy KO. But instead he had to fight the guy that Wandy KTFO before he lost to Rampage in order to get the title shot.

Jardine beat Brandon Vera, so he was in the exact same boat as Rampage when they fought in terms of win streaks. And has already been stated, Rampage opted to go the Evans route and not face Machida for the title, so there's no one holding Rampage back but Rampage.
lohmann
9/19/10 4:49:24PM
lol
kaduey
9/19/10 6:25:02PM
Dana White you skin head!
Bloodhound
9/19/10 7:03:14PM
I Agree With The OG Post, After Seing Penn & Shogun & Sonnen Getting Immediate Re-Matches I Was Baffled At How Rampage Never Got One Eespecially Considering His Fight Was The Most Entertaining Of All The Ones I Mentioned (Silva Vs Sonnen Being Close) But Hopefully We Eventually Get To See A Re-Match Even Though No Belt Would Be On The Line.
Pookie
9/20/10 4:24:07AM
I think this might be the first time i propped every post in a thread.
Chael_Sonnen
9/20/10 3:12:19PM
Rampage screwed himself by filming the A-TEAM.
chickmagnet
9/21/10 2:03:21PM
Beating the dead horse a bit arent we?