Rampage vs. Rashad in jeopardy?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rampage vs. Rashad in jeopardy?
BrutalKnockOut
8/28/09 10:56:13PM
Rampage vs. Rashad in jeopardy?

Looks as if the rumors of Rampage taking off to Hollywood are true, thus putting the UFC 107 main event with Rashad Evans in jeopardy.
Twenty20Dollars
8/28/09 11:51:47PM
Lame
grappler0000
8/28/09 11:59:59PM
SpiderSilva
8/29/09 12:23:57AM
Well feed Rashad to Anderson
EliasG
8/29/09 12:33:04AM
I wish people would stop trying to run other men's lives.

I'd love to see Rashad fight Rampage. However, there is an old saying in showbizness...strike while the iron is hot. If you don't, when you're old NO ONE WANTS YOU IN MOVIES. See any roles for Shamrock?

You don't wait till you are washed up, you do things when your marketability is high.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why there are people who WANT to tell other men what to do....I KNOW why Dana is doing it---he wants to market Rampage while his marketability is good. But Rampage will be able to fight 6 months from now....the movie won't be an option for him anymore. It's common sense. Someone offers you money and an opportunity that may never come agian--you take it. It's not like if he takes this opportunity that he'll never fight again.
finnish_line
8/29/09 1:04:08AM

Bosses usually have to tell employees what to do.
Shadymlm
8/29/09 5:31:53AM

Posted by EliasG

I'd love to see Rashad fight Rampage. However, there is an old saying in showbizness...strike while the iron is hot. If you don't, when you're old NO ONE WANTS YOU IN MOVIES. See any roles for Shamrock?

You don't wait till you are washed up, you do things when your marketability is high.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why there are people who WANT to tell other men what to do....I KNOW why Dana is doing it---he wants to market Rampage while his marketability is good. But Rampage will be able to fight 6 months from now....the movie won't be an option for him anymore. It's common sense. Someone offers you money and an opportunity that may never come agian--you take it. It's not like if he takes this opportunity that he'll never fight again.

The iron will still be hot after the Rashad fight. He had a prior engagement. He should honor his agreement with the UFC(You know the ones who helped get his face out there with 2 Seasons of TUF) then if he wants to take a break to do a movie fine do it. But don't bite the hand that feeds you that's just tasteless and disgusting to me. If he opps to make that movie rather then fight then I will boycott it and I hope you all do too! I'm so tired of Fighters ****ing on the fans that line their pockets it makes me sick! PS I Love Rampage unless he does this then he can go **** himself!
PABLOMAFIOSO
8/29/09 5:56:24AM
A bit OTT don't you think?
If Rampage can make a lot more money making movies why not?
I am pretty sure the UFC will get a lot of exposure from this venture as well.
We might have to wait a while for the Evans fight but it will still happen. The same delay could easily happen with an injury to one of the fighters (Hughes vs Serra).
Tank5000
8/29/09 7:55:24AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Well feed Rashad to Anderson

I would love to see that fight, especially if Rashad gets destroyed in the process.

But I heard that Anderson wants to fight at HW, and Mir has accepted his challenge. Plus, Anderson still has to defend his MW title (unless he plans to drop it and move permanently to a higher weight class).
gabe531
8/29/09 8:58:19AM

Posted by EliasG

so when you clock in everyday do you get to do whatever you want at work, watch ufc, play poker, goto strip club, golf etc. while the company you work for pays you OR do you have to do the job that you get paid for??
sclasclemski
8/29/09 10:07:12AM
This sounds bogus...is that website credible?
prozacnation1978
8/29/09 10:46:20AM
either that or scrap the memphis fight and have them fight in vegas year end
MattHughesRules
8/29/09 12:03:08PM
The fact of the matter is Rampage agreed to the fight on the date that was set. If he is any kind of man at all he will take care of the fight he committed to and then worry about his movie. I like Rampage a lot but I think Dana White is right about one thing....Evans is not worrying about movies right now. He is training to beat Rampages ass. Get in the gym Rampage! Thrash Evans and make your way back to a 205 title shot! You're a fighter not a movie star.
warglory
8/29/09 12:17:35PM
I agree with everyone who says Rampage should do right by the company that has given him the opportunity to appear in film roles. Fighting is his bread and butter, regardless if he does films or not, his legacy will be determined by his fighting career. Anyone remember Cung Le? That guy who beat Shamrock a year and a half ago? (that's rhetorical btw people :) ) What, other than more money as Cung gained from doing films? Nothing. No one knows him outside of the fight community, and even that community is quickly forgetting about his name as time passes.

Quinton is a UFC fighter as his contract dictates, Dana and the Fertittas have stuck with him through thick and thin, no sense in running off to do a film just yet while he has obligations to the company.
sclasclemski
8/29/09 12:36:46PM
I still think this story stinks of false
Sinister
8/29/09 12:50:51PM

Posted by EliasG

Still, don't you think much of Rampages popularity is thanks to the UFC's marketing and having him on two TUF shows? He def wouldnt have gotten the offer without that and to turn down a huge fight that the UFC spent a lot of time into to market isnt cool in my book. Its not cool to Rashad either
Manak
8/29/09 2:19:55PM
How does Rampage get out of fighting Rashad since it is in a contract? Am I missing something cause if it's signed then UFC can just hold up Rampage in court for breaching the contract which he signed. This is the same thing if Tom Brady said hey Patriots I am not playing this Sunday so I can do a Photo-shoot instead.
sclasclemski
8/29/09 2:27:46PM
I agree it just doesn't make sense that they would postpone a fight that has already been set in stone...for a movie that they could push back filming for a week or two.
Sinister
8/29/09 2:29:16PM

Posted by Manak

How does Rampage get out of fighting Rashad since it is in a contract? Am I missing something cause if it's signed then UFC can just hold up Rampage in court for breaching the contract which he signed. This is the same thing if Tom Brady said hey Patriots I am not playing this Sunday so I can do a Photo-shoot instead.

Ha you sound like UFC owner Ferita (SP)

But yea, I would think they had the contract signed by now
nickcuc547
8/29/09 3:43:38PM
kind of pissed but rampage is prolonging his career with all this time off, can understand why he's doing it.
Shadymlm
8/29/09 4:00:16PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

A bit OTT don't you think?
If Rampage can make a lot more money making movies why not?
I am pretty sure the UFC will get a lot of exposure from this venture as well.
We might have to wait a while for the Evans fight but it will still happen. The same delay could easily happen with an injury to one of the fighters (Hughes vs Serra).

No I don't think it's OTT at all. Rampage opted to fight Rashad over Machida to get "His Belt" back, why for more money. Now he's trying to delay this fight for more money. It's not like he'll only make $10,000 for this fight, he''ll make over a quarter million. Do you know how many fighters wish they could even make half of what he's gonna make for this fight. And you can't compare a fight being postponed due to injury to a fight being postponed due to greed. It's like comparing making loveand losing your virginity to getting raped and losing your virginity, Completely different!
Manak
8/29/09 5:04:27PM

Posted by Sinister

Posted by Manak

Ha you sound like UFC owner Ferita (SP)

But yea, I would think they had the contract signed by now

lol, but yea doesn't usually go verbal agreement then go to paper and legally bound to it. plus like others were saying he passed up a shot at the title for this fight. I feel like rampage is wasting his prime. after he beat chuck and the SD to hendo, it seemed like he cares more about the fame.
supatolacyl
8/29/09 6:22:28PM
This is such a slap in the face to the UFC. After all they have done for him, from standing up for him when he had his little "Episode" of running from the cops and smashing into vehicles. While facing Felony charges the UFC was still by his side, when most organaizations would have released him so their company wouldn't be associated with that mess. Then when Rampage won the number 1 contender match and the UFC was preparing to set that match up, he asks for another fight (Rashad) so they scrapped their plans, so he could get the fight that he wanted. Then they put him on TUF to coach again to give him more exposure and the fight that he wants, now he wants more favors done for him. If the bout agreements are signed the UFC should not change anything else for him. He can shoot the movie on his own time, weather he chooses to train in his free time or shoot the movie that's up to him, but please don't make anymore allowances for Rampage. I'm thinking Jacksons beef with Rashad is fake as can be, because if so he wouldn't want to postpone it any longer then possible.
Rush
8/29/09 7:12:39PM
I don't care if this fight goes through or not. I was never a fan of Rampage and this match up never interested me.
sclasclemski
8/29/09 9:48:23PM
seriously? It didn't interest you...two of the top guys in the world in the division and you don't care to watch them fight? That seems weird to me.