Rampage Question

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage Question
balack_o-bama
7/2/08 2:21:40AM
Why do "you people" think Rampage is so good? Besides one perfect hook to chucks head, WTF has he done? A 6 fight winning streak u might say.... Which I say yeah against who??!!

Hirotaka Yokoi- yeah who?
Dong Sik Yoon - A decision at the very least. Terrible.
Matt Lindland - SPLIT decision that I and many believe he lost. Oh and by the way, lindland is a middleweight.
Marvin Eastman - Who doesnt beat him?
Chuck Liddell- Good job. Props
Dan Henderson - Close decision. They fight the same way only Rampage is naturally a bigger and he still lost 2 rounds.

I like the man but what in the hell is it with you people.

"Besides machida noone will take his belt"

"hes top 5 p4p"

"Hes gonna kill forrest"

I think hes a good fighter and i am a fan. But he has done very little to impress me.

So can someone please explain what he has done to make people think he so great???!!!!!

holt8081
7/2/08 2:53:49AM
I agree kinda, I do think chuck made the mistake and he wont do it again, all the other guys he beat where no big deal and he lost to shogun and wandy so its kinda hard to figure out where he is with his fighting.
balack_o-bama
7/2/08 3:06:23AM
Thats exactly what i meant. He is good, im not dogging him. But ppl have blown it out of control. I think its just because hes black, wears a chain, and acts like a total lunatic. lol. Sorry to say it, but its true. I have 3 or 4 friends that like him just cause hes "gangmember" as they. We are all white too, i dont get it. And i gotta deal with these idiots clownin me about forrest. I think thats why i came on here flipping.
holt8081
7/2/08 3:09:54AM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Thats exactly what i meant. He is good, im not dogging him. But ppl have blown it out of control. I think its just because hes black, wears a chain, and acts like a total lunatic. lol. Sorry to say it, but its true. I have 3 or 4 friends that like him just cause hes "gangmember" as they. We are all white too, i dont get it. And i gotta deal with these idiots clownin me about forrest. I think thats why i came on here flipping.

Gangmember WOW you should tell your buddys that this gangmember is very into Jesus and see what they think about that.
hotrodttt
7/2/08 3:21:47AM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Why do "you people" think Rampage is so good? Besides one perfect hook to chucks head, WTF has he done? A 6 fight winning streak u might say.... Which I say yeah against who??!!

Matt Lindland - SPLIT decision that I and many believe he lost. Oh and by the way, lindland is a middleweight.
Dan Henderson - Close decision. They fight the same way only Rampage is naturally a bigger and he still lost 2 rounds.

"hes top 5 p4p"

"Hes gonna kill forrest"

I think hes a good fighter and i am a fan. But he has done very little to impress me.

So can someone please explain what he has done to make people think he so great???!!!!!

I'm Glad at the Fact that your not just a Poster who just tries to get a negative reaction out of people, but you do have facts, I do agree in a sense. A Win over Yoon and Lindland and arguably Hendo don't go to his LHW Ranking, but I do believe he gets his high praise from the Talent Level and Potential that he now brings that was non existant some Years ago. But Yes I do think he will destroy Forrest and that he is now a P4P Best.

But I don't think that a lot have people have Rampage's nuts in there mouth as you say it, they're just saying what they believe and in no way have Rampage's nuts in their mouth
holt8081
7/2/08 3:26:13AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by balack_o-bama

"hes top 5 p4p"

"Hes gonna kill forrest"

I'm Glad at the Fact that your not just a Poster who just tries to get a negative reaction out of people, but you do have facts, I do agree in a sense. A Win over Yoon and Lindland and arguably Hendo don't go to his LHW Ranking, but I do believe he gets his high praise from the Talent Level and Potential that he now brings that was non existant some Years ago. But Yes I do think he will destroy Forrest and that he is now a P4P Best.

But I don't think that a lot have people have Rampage's nuts in there mouth as you say it, they're just saying what they believe and in no way have Rampage's nuts in their mouth

or could they just be UFC fans and no nothing of rampage's fighting history. so in there eyes rampage is unbeatin
hotrodttt
7/2/08 4:08:38AM

Posted by holt8081

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by balack_o-bama

"hes top 5 p4p"

"Hes gonna kill forrest"

or could they just be UFC fans and no nothing of rampage's fighting history. so in there eyes rampage is unbeatin

Yeah, and they probably know that Ninja put a Beatin on Rampage but he was given the Decision so that's another loss imo
ncordless
7/2/08 4:28:08AM

Posted by balack_o-bama

"hes top 5 p4p"

"Hes gonna kill forrest"

PS. WHen 'you people' take his nuts out of your mouths on Saturday, please, please do not try to put Forrest's in.

By your logic, what has anyone at LHW done?
Here's everyone's last 6 fights judged in the same way:

Machida-
Vernon White: Perrenial Whipping Boy
Sam Hogar- Who?
David Heath- Get real. This guy loses to everyone with talent
Nakamura- Should be a MW. Doesn't count
Sokoudjou- The guy doesn't even have 10 wins
Tito Ortiz- Decision win over a has-been

Liddell-
Couture- Congrats, you went 2-1 vs. a senior citizen
Babalu- Hasn't shown his potential in years
Tito Ortiz- see above
Rampage- Got KTFO in rnd 1
Jardine- Lost to the Deaner
Wandy- Props

Wandy-
Arona- went 1-1 against him
Fujita- Beat a HW, who lost to the YAMMA champ
CroCop- got KOed
Hendo- Got KOed
Chuck- Lost
Jardine- Props

Forrest-
Elvis Sinosic- Who hasn't beat him... losing record
Tito Ortiz- Lost a close one to a has-been
Bonnar- Irrelevant
Jardine- got KOed rnd 1
Hector Ramirez- Who cares... and he couldn't finish him
Shogun- Rua was hurt, but a win is a win... props

Shogun-
Marc Coleman- got his arm broke by someone who fought Dan Severn in his prime
Cyrill Diabate- Irrelevant
Kevin Randleman- beat a HW
Nakamura- see above
Overeem- Overeem at LHW gassed quicker than a Hummer 2
Forrest- got beat, but was hurt

Rashad-
Sam Hogar- see above
Bonnar- see above
Lambert- Has been getting beat alot
Sean Salmon- why was he even fighting him?
Ortiz- a draw that he should of lost against a has-been
Bisping- Close win over a MW

What I am getting at is that if you are going to bring a set of guidelines to evaluate fighters at least do it fairly. If you look at all those last six fights, it's easy to see that Rampage's is among the best. Plus, while you may be offended by something about him (I am only going to guess), most people find him a real likeable guy and good for the sport.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
mrsmiley
7/2/08 6:40:15AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by balack_o-bama

"hes top 5 p4p"

"Hes gonna kill forrest"

PS. WHen 'you people' take his nuts out of your mouths on Saturday, please, please do not try to put Forrest's in.

Machida-
Sam Hogar- Who?

Liddell-
Tito Ortiz- see above
Wandy- Props

Wandy-
CroCop- got KOed
Hendo- Got KOed
Chuck- Lost
Jardine- Props

Forrest-
Bonnar- Irrelevant
Jardine- got KOed rnd 1

Shogun-
Nakamura- see above

Rashad-
Sam Hogar- see above
Bonnar- see above

What I am getting at is that if you are going to bring a set of guidelines to evaluate fighters at least do it fairly. If you look at all those last six fights, it's easy to see that Rampage's is among the best. Plus, while you may be offended by something about him (I am only going to guess), most people find him a real likeable guy and good for the sport.

This thread seems a bit pointless to me.You can use this same logic for anyfighter.
hails
7/2/08 8:28:49AM
Damn, some good points here!!!!

There are really no fighters on a roll in the LHW division!!!

I remember once I started questioning a figther's record.

I looked at Randy's Wins v Loses and how he wins!!!

I said his record was interesting. And all my posts were deleted!!!

But looking at a fighter's record you can find out a lot about them!!!

Its funny when we look back at the fighters who fought in Pride and we say they fought no one!!!

Its interesting...
stock
7/2/08 9:24:19AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by ncordless

Posted by balack_o-bama

"hes top 5 p4p"

"Hes gonna kill forrest"

Machida-
Sam Hogar- Who?

Liddell-
Tito Ortiz- see above
Wandy- Props

Wandy-
CroCop- got KOed
Hendo- Got KOed
Chuck- Lost
Jardine- Props

Forrest-
Bonnar- Irrelevant
Jardine- got KOed rnd 1

Shogun-
Nakamura- see above

Rashad-
Sam Hogar- see above
Bonnar- see above

This thread seems a bit pointless to me.You can use this same logic for anyfighter.

... Although I couldn't give you props.
ObsoleteMan
7/2/08 10:03:45AM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Why do "you people" think Rampage is so good? Besides one perfect hook to chucks head, WTF has he done?

That's a kind of silly thing to say, no? "Besides that perfectly thrown knock-out punch to the previously dominant UFC champ known for his striking..." Oh, well, besides that...

Yeah, a 6 fight winning streak, against nobodies, amirite? Oh, yeah, 'nobodies', and then 2 consecutive champs. He won the UFC and Pride belts in back to back fights in the same year. On paper, that might be as good a streak as is possible in the sport. If that doesn't impress you, I'd have to ask who at Light Heavy has lately?
mrsmiley
7/2/08 10:13:28AM
Lets not forgot in PRIDE he beat a still dangerous Igor Vovchanzin,and went over to K-1 and beat Cyril Abidi.He also beat Chuck Liddell twice,but that's nothing big.He even ate his shots like it was nothing,but who couldn't?
NatedawgThaM
7/2/08 10:38:26AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by balack_o-bama

"hes top 5 p4p"

"Hes gonna kill forrest"

Machida-
Sam Hogar- Who?

Liddell-
Tito Ortiz- see above
Wandy- Props

Wandy-
CroCop- got KOed
Hendo- Got KOed
Chuck- Lost
Jardine- Props

Forrest-
Bonnar- Irrelevant
Jardine- got KOed rnd 1

Shogun-
Nakamura- see above

Rashad-
Sam Hogar- see above
Bonnar- see above

Some damn good points. But are we also forgetting when AS A ROOKIE AND NEWCOMER IN PRIDE HE SLAMMED THE CRAP OUT OF MMA LEGEND SAKURABA? Are we also forgetting his devastating KO slam over Arona who was a ranked LHW? What about the 1st Liddell fight? Your making the 2nd fight seem just like a lucky punch and it wouldn't happen again. Rampage destroyed him the 1st time.

People like him because he's funny, entertaining, and is a real exciting fighter, and a really skilled one at that. You also got to remember he didn't switch to a real camp until after his losses to Wandy and Shogun. Ever since switching to his camp in big bear, he's been mad good. He's in his prime, all those other fights before this 6 fight winning streak weren't in his prime. He's at his best now. This is when I want to see him fight Shogun and Wandy.
balack_o-bama
7/2/08 1:10:35PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by balack_o-bama

"hes top 5 p4p"

"Hes gonna kill forrest"

Machida-
Sam Hogar- Who?

Liddell-
Tito Ortiz- see above
Wandy- Props

Wandy-
CroCop- got KOed
Hendo- Got KOed
Chuck- Lost
Jardine- Props

Forrest-
Bonnar- Irrelevant
Jardine- got KOed rnd 1

Shogun-
Nakamura- see above

Rashad-
Sam Hogar- see above
Bonnar- see above

I agree to a point, but people arent always praising those to be an unstoppable wrecking ball. I think Machida is pretty overrated although his fight with Tito started to make me believe.

jawbreaker517
7/6/08 10:18:42PM
ha ha forrest won!