Rampage Pleads Not Guilty

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rampage Pleads Not Guilty
DCRage
8/28/08 5:04:32PM
Quinton Jackson today appeared in court and pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from his vehicular rampage and arrest earlier this summer. He is to next appear in court November 3.

Article
postman
8/28/08 5:08:50PM
Hes going to jail there is no way he pleads not guilty and gets off. His frickin life size Decal is on the side of the truck! What can he do to get off? I thought he plead to lesser charges.
Manak
8/28/08 5:16:19PM
i think rampage is still not back mentally yet cause how the hell is this gonna work out for him, (where is his lawyer n the ppl around ) Not guilty wtf did he forget wut his huge ass truck has on the side plus the pictures of him n witnesses.
wiggum
8/28/08 5:24:05PM
The reason he is pleading not guilty is because it gives the prosecuation and his lawyers a chance to work out a plea bargain.....if he pleads guilty, he wont be able to downplay any of the incident....during plea bargain process his chances of getting a lessor punishment increase signicificantly...unless they go to court and deal with a jury, but sides will be met before that happens....dont ask me how i know that tho :(
juanez13
8/28/08 5:25:24PM
Of course Rampage is going to plead not guilty, he wants to argue for at least a more lenient sentence. If he pleads guilty he is really screwed. He has to plead not guilty to start deliberation.

They're going to use the delirium angle.

Not guilty by reason of temporary insanity or something like that. He'll get off..
RNC
8/28/08 5:56:54PM

Posted by wiggum

The reason he is pleading not guilty is because it gives the prosecuation and his lawyers a chance to work out a plea bargain.....if he pleads guilty, he wont be able to downplay any of the incident....during plea bargain process his chances of getting a lessor punishment increase signicificantly...unless they go to court and deal with a jury, but sides will be met before that happens....dont ask me how i know that tho :(

100% accurate. Because he pleaded not guilty, he'll get a much better deal.
RMFG_187
8/28/08 6:06:16PM

Posted by juanez13

Of course Rampage is going to plead not guilty, he wants to argue for at least a more lenient sentence. If he pleads guilty he is really screwed. He has to plead not guilty to start deliberation.

They're going to use the delirium angle.

Not guilty by reason of temporary insanity or something like that. He'll get off..

I agree, but no way is he getting off.

I can literally see jail time for him. and if not that, than house arrest, com hours, and probation. He wont be able to do much for a while.
wrona666
8/28/08 7:17:41PM

Posted by wiggum

This is all true, but it is just hillarious to enter a plea of not guilty in this time of situation!!!!!
JimiMak
8/28/08 9:47:15PM
As said he had to plea not guilty to bargain. He won't get jail time. He'll get fines and probation (incl comm service and drug testing etc). Max charges aren't even that big. He's only facing a cpl years which means he won't get much. They'll fine him out the a**.
balack_o-bama
8/28/08 10:13:49PM

Posted by RNC

Posted by wiggum

I think you guys are both wrong. If he was gonna get a "deal" or plea aggrement you plead GUILTY to certain charges in exchange for a pre-determined sentence.
JimiMak
8/28/08 10:18:34PM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Posted by RNC

Posted by wiggum

I think you guys are both wrong. If he was gonna get a "deal" or plea aggrement you plead GUILTY to certain charges in exchange for a pre-determined sentence.

Not yet. This was an arraignment. He has to plead not guilty once to start the plea bargain process. Eventually he will plead guitly to lesser charges and / or reduced sentence. First time in court you haven't had the chance for all that yet.
jakeiceman
8/28/08 11:48:14PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by balack_o-bama

Posted by RNC

Posted by wiggum

Not yet. This was an arraignment. He has to plead not guilty once to start the plea bargain process. Eventually he will plead guitly to lesser charges and / or reduced sentence. First time in court you haven't had the chance for all that yet.

As a man of the law I can tell you that you are correct ....