Rampage's paycheck

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage's paycheck
CWall33
2/9/07 1:39:25AM
Rampage got what, $170,000 for his first fight?
As far as I know, Rampage is still under contract with the WFA. UFC bought the WFA, and has Rampage for one more fight.

Here's my question. Was the 170G a carryover from the WFA contract? (don't see that being true). Or, did he sign a new contract with the UFC to make that much?

In other words, where did his sweet payday come from if he was already under contract?
mrsumo
2/9/07 1:44:14AM

Posted by CWall33

Rampage got what, $170,000 for his first fight?
As far as I know, Rampage is still under contract with the WFA. UFC bought the WFA, and has Rampage for one more fight.

Here's my question. Was the 170G a carryover from the WFA contract? (don't see that being true). Or, did he sign a new contract with the UFC to make that much?

In other words, where did his sweet payday come from if he was already under contract?

It probably came with his name. Rampage isn't new at all. He was a bigtime name in Japan for a few years. I even have a Rampage Bobblehead doll. He shares space with Sakuraba and Wanderlei. Wait until MMAists make as much as boxers, then I will wonder why so much.
CWall33
2/9/07 1:54:39AM
I understand that, but that doesn't change the fact that he was under contract with the WFA. I could easily see him making that much on a new contract, but the UFC basically bought him from the WFA, so they owned him for two fights. Probably didn't need to pay him that much.

Either his WFA contract was huge, or the UFC bought out his contract, and re-signed him for the big bucks (which I don't see happening).
Stickan
2/9/07 2:07:15AM
I think they talked about that on the Beatdown and I think it's basically the same contract as the one he had with WFA only that he doesn't get a cut from the PPVs.

He probably got a small bonus on top of his already big paycheck because of that though..
CWall33
2/9/07 2:12:43AM
So he was getting $170,000 from the WFA?
No wonder they had to sell.
ffforgottenx
2/9/07 1:53:56PM
yea im pretty sure it is what he was making with the WFA, because they said that zuffa bought the contracts of the WFA fighters, not made them fresh offers..