Possible Rampage vs Ortiz

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Possible Rampage vs Ortiz
TOMMYAYO05
7/3/07 3:27:18PM
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz (15-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) is willing to fight his friend (and current light heavyweight champ) Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (27-6 MMA, 2-0 UFC) — if the price is right

this would be a big money maker and could possibly go down if Tito beats Rashad.http://www.ufcjunkie.com/
Tons33
7/3/07 4:29:49PM
Id like to see it.
DevonFoxy
7/3/07 4:37:30PM
Id watch and pay to see it spice things up a bit and see what happens.
StorminYourman
7/3/07 4:38:03PM
I think Tito needs to earn a title shot.Stack up some wins against some top compitition first.
silverbullet
7/3/07 4:55:29PM
Ortiz lost to Liddell twice by a BEATDOWN. He also barely pulled a decision over Forest Griffin, who is not a first tier title contender.

What fight with 'Rampage' is he talking about?! I doubt that Ortiz is even in the top 5 UFC LHW
nubby
7/3/07 5:25:21PM

Posted by silverbullet

Ortiz lost to Liddell twice by a BEATDOWN. He also barely pulled a decision over Forest Griffin, who is not a first tier title contender.

What fight with 'Rampage' is he talking about?! I doubt that Ortiz is even in the top 5 UFC LHW

Oh god more Forrest propaganda. I bet you believe he barely won against Vitor and Cote also. LAME
meier
7/3/07 6:00:14PM
i agree with silverbullet though. and what forest propaganda are you talking about? what he said is true.
DevonFoxy
7/3/07 6:12:50PM
Yea you guys are right Ortiz is 32 hes done

You Ortiz haters never make any sense to me he looses to sum top guys who he has clashing styles with and all of a sudden hes done and he need to retire. Im so sick of hearing it. Ortiz is still a beast he can't beat Chuck we've seen that. Nog cant beat Fedor. its just sum guys ya cant beat. Ortiz is so amazing when it comes to stamina he always has a chance. Hes beaten top fighters and he gets no credit for anything hes done in the past. Im sick of it ill just be glad when the nay sayers shut up after Ortiz beats down Rashad. Except then they will say "Oh he beat Rashad who hasnt beat anyone" which ive been saying the entire time while people are saying Rashad is gonna knock Ortiz out! So apparently he cant get any credit no matter what he does. Im dropping it till the fight between him and Evans because seriously people saying hes crap dont know what they are talking about.
komodo20
7/3/07 6:37:34PM
It would be a good fight to see
TOMMYAYO05
7/3/07 6:39:09PM
I think Ortiz should definatley be right there lined up for a shot he has oly lost to liddell in the last couple years,and i think he can pretty much beat anybody except liddell,i also think liddell just has his number as does rampage with liddell.All yopu tito haters have to remember he has the best cardio and ground and pound in the game.
StorminYourman
7/3/07 6:46:09PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Yea you guys are right Ortiz is 32 hes done

You Ortiz haters never make any sense to me he looses to sum top guys who he has clashing styles with and all of a sudden hes done and he need to retire. Im so sick of hearing it. Ortiz is still a beast he can't beat Chuck we've seen that. Nog cant beat Fedor. its just sum guys ya cant beat. Ortiz is so amazing when it comes to stamina he always has a chance. Hes beaten top fighters and he gets no credit for anything hes done in the past. Im sick of it ill just be glad when the nay sayers shut up after Ortiz beats down Rashad. Except then they will say "Oh he beat Rashad who hasnt beat anyone" which ive been saying the entire time while people are saying Rashad is gonna knock Ortiz out! So apparently he cant get any credit no matter what he does. Im dropping it till the fight between him and Evans because seriously people saying hes crap dont know what they are talking about.

I believe he will beat Rashad but he needs to beat some top guys to get a title shot.From 2002 to now he has lost to Chuck twice (both badly).Also one loss to Randy(The "truly best Eva"{eat your heart out Baroni}).Beat of an old man three times.Beat up a B level fighter who now fights @ 185 and getting better(Cote).He also has two split decisions against other B level fighter Forrest and Vitor.All good fighters but he should step up on the competition and beat some A level guys before a title shot.Machida ,Shogun ,Lil Nog,rematch with Wand, or something of that caliber are all good examples before he deserves to get another title shot.
TOMMYAYO05
7/3/07 7:40:07PM
For the guy above me Machida aint no real contender he isnt even that good,Vitor i would say an A level fighter,Shamrock isn just some push over either,but we will see i hope it shuts all you Tito haters up when he beats Rashad who is an a level fighter considering he is in the top 10.
nastshabast
7/3/07 7:45:00PM
this almost proves tito will lose to evans.....why the **** is he even thinking about rampage when he fights rashad in five days......this man really is a dumb ****
TOMMYAYO05
7/3/07 7:49:12PM

this almost proves tito will lose to evans.....why the **** is he even thinking about rampage when he fights rashad in five days......this man really is a dumb ****

Actually he is the smartest buisness man in all of fighting.
Metafour
7/3/07 7:56:27PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

For the guy above me Machida aint no real contender he isnt even that good,Vitor i would say an A level fighter,Shamrock isn just some push over either,but we will see i hope it shuts all you Tito haters up when he beats Rashad who is an a level fighter considering he is in the top 10.

I would say Machida is a contender... He's beaten Rich Franklin, Stephan Bonnar, BJ Penn, Vernon White, Sam Hogar, ect. They are going to have to stick him in there with top level competition because he is undefeated.
komodo20
7/3/07 8:04:51PM
I can't see Ortiz geting a title shot any time soon
StorminYourman
7/4/07 2:43:10AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Well I disagree with you on almost everything.I would say by the time Belfort fought Tito he was a B leveler.Shamrock has become a pushover or B leveler or pushover(he only went against good fighters ,that includes Tito so that is up in the air).Also Machida could be the next big thing.If this was Sherdog I would call you a doodyhead however we are adults and are intitled to our opinions.I do agree that Tito will beat Rashad.
FeelTheJoy
7/4/07 6:45:49AM
wow that was dumb. he better be willing to fight his friend for a titleshot. if he isnt then why is he fighting in the ufc. doesnt make sense.
veritas
7/4/07 1:45:19PM
not really, Tito beats Rashad and hes back in contention. Then we got Shogun coming over too, and who knows if Henderson is just fighting once and out. If he stays, theres a dense LHW division. If Rampage wins, theyd probably put him up aganst Shogun after his first fight. Then after, if Shogun beats Rampage, I could see TIto and Rampage fighting if the price is right, I don't see Tito making it easy on anyone to make it happen, hed probably expect to get paid a lot more since its his friend, which is understandable. But we all know Tito, hes a businessman... but it would make for a good fight
TOMMYAYO05
7/4/07 5:42:28PM
Machida not that good, in my opinion, you got to be kidding me,one lucky tko over Franklin.Tito will beat Rampage too.
nubby
7/5/07 5:52:31PM

Posted by meier

i agree with silverbullet though. and what forest propaganda are you talking about? what he said is true.

No it's not. He beat Forrest decisively, everyone here who says it was a controversial decision didn't know what they were looking at when they saw that fight.

A while back I went through the Ortiz Griffin fight several times in slow motion, taking notes of every single strike that was landed. The conclusion I came to was that not only did Tito easily win Round one but also round 3. In round 3 Forrest landed a single combination but everything else he threw literally hit Tito's arm while he blocked or missed altogether. On the other hand Tito landed many stiff jabs and at least 3 big right hands. Add that on top of his take down and there was no way that round three could have gone to Forrest. I also made the argument that the commentators had a lot to do with confusing people about this fight because on several occasions they yelled out that Forrest had landed a good this and a good that but when you pause or put it in slow motion, it's almost like they couldn't see from where they were sitting. I backed this claim up with the fact that the camera work from that night spent copious amounts of time behind Tito were it was hard to see him land his stiff jabs and almost impossible to see Forrest's right hand's missing tito or hitting his arm.

Anyway if you don't believe me take an hour out of your day and download the fight from the UFC web site. You will have a new found respect for Tito's improving boxing skills.
TOMMYAYO05
7/5/07 7:31:02PM
he is getting better
casey64
7/6/07 4:29:34PM
I hope Rashad wins.
Stills79
7/6/07 8:17:17PM
If Ortiz beats Rashaad and Rampage loses to Henderson (which will probably both happen) then I think an Ortiz vs Rampage fight would make sense, but only if those two things happen. Then if Ortiz beats Rampage, he would have to fight Liddell again to even have a chance at Henderson and the title. I love Tito Ortiz, but he will never hold the belt again
TOMMYAYO05
7/6/07 8:26:36PM

If Ortiz beats Rashaad and Rampage loses to Henderson (which will probably both happen) then I think an Ortiz vs Rampage fight would make sense, but only if those two things happen. Then if Ortiz beats Rampage, he would have to fight Liddell again to even have a chance at Henderson and the title. I love Tito Ortiz, but he will never hold the belt again

Look Rampage is certainly going to beat Hendo and Ortiz will also beat Rashad...then there is your money maker friend vs friend Ortiz vs Jackson for the title.Also if the wandi liddell fight goes down the winner of that will get tito for a number 1 contender fight.just because tito lost to liddell thats just cuz liddell has his number just like rampage has liddll's just like wandi has rampage's.so really tito has a very good shot of holdin the gold again.i think by middle of next yer he will be champ.
Stills79
7/6/07 8:53:29PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Look Rampage is certainly going to beat Hendo

You can't be serious?
TOMMYAYO05
7/7/07 3:25:42AM

You can't be serious?

Bro Rampage is the best!!
italianpride
7/9/07 1:45:02AM

Posted by nubby

Posted by silverbullet

Oh god more Forrest propaganda. I bet you believe he barely won against Vitor and Cote also. LAME

He did barely beat Vitor, did you forget it was a split decision and he almost got blasted out in the first round?? LOL

As for the other Tito diehard claiming Shamrock is no pushover, etc. PLEASE stop posting. Tito looked like crap against Rashad, and if it was a 5 round fight or he didn't hold the cage he would've lost, he will never fight Rampage, not a chance. After his next fight against Rashad he will lose and his UFC career will be over.
BennyCali
7/9/07 3:58:28AM
yeah, vitor vs tito was a close one. tito vs forrest, i thought tito won that one.