Rampage & Nike

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rampage & Nike
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/4/08 8:41:33PM
Sherdog says Rampage is going to be shooting a Nike commercial w/ Lebron James.
Can the sport possibly get anymore mainstream than Nike?

here's the link i shoulda posted earlierhttp://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=11632
juanez13
3/4/08 8:51:17PM
Great news, i agree with what sherdog said, If there were any lingering doubts as to whether mixed martial arts had hit mainstream America, that issue has been decided in the past seven days, with CBS taking MMA into network TV, and budlight signing a 3 year deal with the UFC, now this..MMA is really turning the corner, and i'm really happy, but i know there is only bigger and better things to come, this sport will sell easily, its only a matter a getting people to watch it, and the UFC is doing a great job
TimW001
3/4/08 10:45:49PM
Wow this is so awesome!
skatenate
3/5/08 5:13:05AM
yeh, i think this is so great, it shows that mma is finally being considered as a proper sport in the real world for real people to tune in and watch. and this is a great example of this, rampage, the current posterboy of mma (my view anyway), and lebron james, one of the biggest posterboys in the nba.
saemskin
3/5/08 2:09:59PM
to quote Rampage
"gotta make that paper baby."
"Dan.... take out your teeth man..."
Pookie
3/5/08 2:15:37PM

Posted by saemskin

to quote Rampage
"gotta make that paper baby."
"Dan.... take out your teeth man..."

yeah that last line was hilarious.
DCRage
3/5/08 2:19:45PM
Read about this on Mania a couple days ago, as he also might say, "Chedda (money) makes it bedda". Lots of chedda coming out of this, should be a really good spot. I'll be watching for it.
ac_gi
3/5/08 4:09:05PM
I'm assuming we will see a swoosh on his fight shorts. A guest spot in a commercial is one thing, getting a major sponsership deal is another.
jiujitsufreak74
3/5/08 4:25:56PM
rampage is, imo, the most marketable fighter. having him shoot a Nike commercial is a big deal but like ac_gi said there is a difference from being in a commercial and having a sponsorship. i only hope that he can get them as a sponsor and really bring MMA into mainstream. either way it is good for the sport and i love any positive attention that we get
ac_gi
3/5/08 4:28:57PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

rampage is, imo, the most marketable fighter. having him shoot a Nike commercial is a big deal but like ac_gi said there is a difference from being in a commercial and having a sponsorship. i only hope that he can get them as a sponsor and really bring MMA into mainstream. either way it is good for the sport and i love any positive attention that we get

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be a downer. The commercial spot is still a big deal, but I would really like to see these guys start getting big sponsers and big money.