Rampage names the spy; executive VP of MusclePharm resigns

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rampage names the spy; executive VP of MusclePharm resigns
« Previous Page
jay98107
9/23/11 10:34:23PM

Posted by kingsmasher

I find the only people believing Rampage are old Pride lovers who think Rampage is great...Hes as bad as Fedor...Never evolved...

It's so easy for people to say things like this about Fedor now that he's old and on the downstroke of his career. So many haters and bandwagon hoppers.
telnights
9/23/11 11:45:20PM

Posted by SmileR

I don't get why people think this is no big deal?! A guy who worked in the gym Rampage basically moved into has been passing information about his training to Jones's camp!

It will effect how Rampage trained an the UFC or the athletic commission should step in and do something!
If Jones and his camp are as squeaky clean as they want everyone to think why didn't they out the guy before Rampage found out? Or after Rampage made the claim? Or even say they knew the guy but he wasn't telling them anything!

Try an paint it however you like Rampage got screwed in his camp. Jones has a massive advantage and him and his camp have been outed as cheats.

Its not a huge deal if the guy had no real inside info to his game plan or anything else. Your jumping to conclusion and then telling other people they are painting a picture while your making cheating accusations without any proof of those accusations. Try breaking down the facts and you will find you have no way of knowing if Jones had any idea of anything going on in Rampages camp.

Lets say for a sec there was 100% proof there was a guy passing info to Jones manager do you have any proof that info was ever given to Jones or that Jones even knew anything about it. No you really don't you also have no proof of anything other than Rampage saying there was a spy. A guy resigned from MusclePharm and Rampage says he was fired for spying but nothing shows that was the reason he left MusclePharm or that he just didn't leave because the company felt it was for the best to play in to Rampage's paranoia than to take a chance of people believing Rampage and getting bad press over it. It wouldn't be the first time Rampage has been paranoid about stuff if that is the case.

I think Jones is a great fighter and I also think Rampage is as well. I don't care for either guys attitude. But I'm not about to call either of them a cheater without any real solid proof of cheating.
cowcatcher
9/24/11 12:33:33AM
Rampage has been living/training at a Musclepharm facility for two months. The guy that was fired apparently knows Jones's manager, Kawa. Jones more than likely had nothing to do with this, but there is definitely something fishy here considering how things went down. I said this in another thread, but Kawa knows the guy and found out about a fake injury to Page. I think it's more than likely a case of a guy that can't keep his mouth shut moreso than a spy placed in the camp, although Kawa doing that isn't beyond reason.
cowcatcher
9/24/11 12:34:28AM

Posted by kingsmasher

THis is so ridiculous...If anyone has a spy its the UFC themselves looking out for their own interestes they have invested in...Look at what marquardt did...After that I am sure the UFC put out reward money for anything that might hinder a main event fight...

Lets be real here...If Jones had a spy...Why tell Joe Silva about a supposed injury...Wouldnt you rather keep that to yourself? Tell me what he has to gain by saying that? NOw if he tweeted that Rmapage was taking some supplements I might give a second thought if that were true...

But this is a so-called fake injury...to even believe or give credence to this is ridiculous...No proof whatsoever...

Theres ten times the evidence that the Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl wins prior to being caught with a video camera taping opponents walk throughs and practice...and where I am from most of the time somoene is caught doing something fishy...It isnt their first time doing it...Just not the way things happen..

I find the only people believing Rampage are old Pride lovers who think Rampage is great...Hes as bad as Fedor...Never evolved...

Doesnt matter anyway..>Rampage will lose one of his next two fights...Either jones or Evans beat him...Just another excuse...

As if you didn't have it already, I think you sealed the worst poster '11 award with this gem.
DeadHead988
9/24/11 1:40:01AM

Posted by kingsmasher

THis is so ridiculous...If anyone has a spy its the UFC themselves looking out for their own interestes they have invested in...Look at what marquardt did...After that I am sure the UFC put out reward money for anything that might hinder a main event fight...

Lets be real here...If Jones had a spy...Why tell Joe Silva about a supposed injury...Wouldnt you rather keep that to yourself? Tell me what he has to gain by saying that? NOw if he tweeted that Rmapage was taking some supplements I might give a second thought if that were true...

But this is a so-called fake injury...to even believe or give credence to this is ridiculous...No proof whatsoever...

Theres ten times the evidence that the Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl wins prior to being caught with a video camera taping opponents walk throughs and practice...and where I am from most of the time somoene is caught doing something fishy...It isnt their first time doing it...Just not the way things happen..

Doesnt matter anyway..>Rampage will lose one of his next two fights...Either jones or Evans beat him...Just another excuse...

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pookie
9/24/11 2:19:55AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by SmileR

I don't get why people think this is no big deal?! A guy who worked in the gym Rampage basically moved into has been passing information about his training to Jones's camp!

It will effect how Rampage trained an the UFC or the athletic commission should step in and do something!
If Jones and his camp are as squeaky clean as they want everyone to think why didn't they out the guy before Rampage found out? Or after Rampage made the claim? Or even say they knew the guy but he wasn't telling them anything!

Try an paint it however you like Rampage got screwed in his camp. Jones has a massive advantage and him and his camp have been outed as cheats.

Its not a huge deal if the guy had no real inside info to his game plan or anything else. Your jumping to conclusion and then telling other people they are painting a picture while your making cheating accusations without any proof of those accusations. Try breaking down the facts and you will find you have no way of knowing if Jones had any idea of anything going on in Rampages camp.

Lets say for a sec there was 100% proof there was a guy passing info to Jones manager do you have any proof that info was ever given to Jones or that Jones even knew anything about it. No you really don't you also have no proof of anything other than Rampage saying there was a spy. A guy resigned from MusclePharm and Rampage says he was fired for spying but nothing shows that was the reason he left MusclePharm or that he just didn't leave because the company felt it was for the best to play in to Rampage's paranoia than to take a chance of people believing Rampage and getting bad press over it. It wouldn't be the first time Rampage has been paranoid about stuff if that is the case.

I think Jones is a great fighter and I also think Rampage is as well. I don't care for either guys attitude. But I'm not about to call either of them a cheater without any real solid proof of cheating.

The very probable(IMO) fact of the situation is Jones' Manager knows what's going on inside Rampage training facility. This is backed by Joe Silva's word. This is enough.

I dont think it matters at all if the information got to Jones. He could be completely 100 uninvolved in the whole fiasco, but Smiler would still be dead on with what he says. Just having that information in Jones camp takes away any element of surprise Jackson might have had, and in all probability, allows the man training Jones to specify the gameplan to specifically negate what Jackson is training in.

It doesn't even mean that Jones or his people are "cheaters". But it certainly is unfair regardless of how the information got to Jones' manager.

Pookie
9/24/11 2:21:01AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kingsmasher

As if you didn't have it already, I think you sealed the worst poster '11 award with this gem.

I didn't even know where to start.
Adrenaline
9/24/11 3:24:44AM
I won't get into speculation on who knew what but I wanted to say one thing:

Some people are saying "big deal" and "whatever" and that it does not matter either way on how the fight will turn out, which may or may not be true but that is missing the point entirely.

Jackson has a business relationship with MusclePharm. It was reported that this training camp cost around 1 million dollars . The costs were shared by MP themselves as well as the UFC and Rampage. Musclepharm makes huge money when Jackson showcases their facility, wears their logo on his gear, and mentions them in the media. No doubt Rampage gets a lot of money out of the deal too. My point is that this relationship involves millions of dollars, and whether you are dealing with large sums of money or chump change, you should be able to trust who you are in business with. If someone from MP really was leaking information that could affect Rampage's career as a fighter then that person deserved to vacate their position with the company. Not only were they betraying a business partner's trust in a way that could negatively impact them, they were basically screwing over their own company. MP makes the most money when Rampage does well, so by possibly hindering Rampage this person ultimately just costed Musclepharm money in the end.

Rampage has every reason to make this a big deal, I get angry when I get screwed out of $20 bucks, if I was dealing with millions, I would want to get to the bottom of it and figure out what happened too.
Pookie
9/24/11 3:31:53AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Some people are saying "big deal" and "whatever" and that it does not matter either way on how the fight will turn out, which may or may not be true but that is missing the point entirely.

Jackson has a business relationship with MusclePharm. It was reported that this training camp cost around 1 million dollars . The costs were shared by MP themselves as well as the UFC and Rampage. Musclepharm makes huge money when Jackson showcases their facility, wears their logo on his gear, and mentions them in the media. No doubt Rampage gets a lot of money out of the deal too. My point is that this relationship involves millions of dollars, and whether you are dealing with large sums of money or chump change, you should be able to trust who you are in business with. If someone from MP really was leaking information that could affect Rampage's career as a fighter then that person deserved to vacate their position with the company. Not only were they betraying a business partner's trust in a way that could negatively impact them, they were basically screwing over their own company. MP makes the most money when Rampage does well, so by possibly hindering Rampage this person ultimately just costed Musclepharm money in the end.

Rampage has every reason to make this a big deal, I get angry when I get screwed out of $20 bucks, if I was dealing with millions, I would want to get to the bottom of it and figure out what happened too.

telnights
9/24/11 3:49:07AM

Posted by Pookie
The very probable(IMO) fact of the situation is Jones' Manager knows what's going on inside Rampage training facility. This is backed by Joe Silva's word. This is enough.

I dont think it matters at all if the information got to Jones. He could be completely 100 uninvolved in the whole fiasco, but Smiler would still be dead on with what he says. Just having that information in Jones camp takes away any element of surprise Jackson might have had, and in all probability, allows the man training Jones to specify the gameplan to specifically negate what Jackson is training in.

It doesn't even mean that Jones or his people are "cheaters". But it certainly is unfair regardless of how the information got to Jones' manager.

As far as Jones manager getting that info can be explained 1000 ways. Trying to spread a rumor about a injury that may or will pull you from the fight and then the other camp finding out about that info isn't really grounds for OMG he is spying. We don't even know what info they spread or how they spread it. They may have said Rampage is injured and pulling out of the fight. We also don't know who all they spread this rumor to. Rampage even said he took a day off from training and spread the rumor. One of the training partners may have called a buddy that is also friends with someone that friends with someone and so on and said I'm not training today and may not be here much longer looks like Rampage is injured and pulling out of the fight. There is a 999 more ways that could have gotten to him.

Dead on on what? He called Jones a cheater and his post seams like he thinks he is 100% sure Jones had a spy and that spy was giving information to Jones camp.

How about that a spy would give Jones a unfair advantage?
Maybe but in this fight I just don't see it. Rampage isn't known for game plans and the only weapons he really has ever used is Boxing and Wrestling. Plus if you have a super secret game plan than why would anyone else know other you and your trainers. Lets take someone like Randy Couture who is known as a master of game plans. He welcomes the media to his workouts and he doesn't really care if the other side can see and hear what he is doing.
Adrenaline
9/24/11 3:49:48AM

Posted by Pookie

ZOMBIES!!! AHHHhhhh!

Thanks Pookie.

I'm kind of kicking myself in the ass though because I used "costed".....instead of "cost" . That can't be proper grammar right?? Where are you when I need you Kungfu?

Pookie
9/24/11 6:58:52AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by Pookie

As far as Jones manager getting that info can be explained 1000 ways. Trying to spread a rumor about a injury that may or will pull you from the fight and then the other camp finding out about that info isn't really grounds for OMG he is spying. We don't even know what info they spread or how they spread it. They may have said Rampage is injured and pulling out of the fight. We also don't know who all they spread this rumor to. Rampage even said he took a day off from training and spread the rumor. One of the training partners may have called a buddy that is also friends with someone that friends with someone and so on and said I'm not training today and may not be here much longer looks like Rampage is injured and pulling out of the fight. There is a 999 more ways that could have gotten to him.

Dead on on what? He called Jones a cheater and his post seams like he thinks he is 100% sure Jones had a spy and that spy was giving information to Jones camp.

How about that a spy would give Jones a unfair advantage?
Maybe but in this fight I just don't see it. Rampage isn't known for game plans and the only weapons he really has ever used is Boxing and Wrestling. Plus if you have a super secret game plan than why would anyone else know other you and your trainers. Lets take someone like Randy Couture who is known as a master of game plans. He welcomes the media to his workouts and he doesn't really care if the other side can see and hear what he is doing.

I think the phrase, him and his camp have been ousted as cheats, isn't the same as calling Jon Jones a cheater.
mrsmiley
9/24/11 8:08:52AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Best post on the topic so far.
telnights
9/24/11 2:22:23PM

Posted by Pookie
I think the phrase, him and his camp have been ousted as cheats, isn't the same as calling Jon Jones a cheater.

Really Pookie .
deck15
9/24/11 3:55:11PM
Here's the main point Rampage spent over a million dollars on this camp and this guy was telling that d bag Malki everything Rampage was working and informed him of the fake injury. If I spent a million on anything and someone was fucking it up is be pissed too.
Pookie
9/24/11 4:57:19PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by Pookie

Really Pookie .

A cheater cheats habitually. Saying someone cheated isn't the same as saying someone is a cheater. To me. Damnit, Smiler was right!
telnights
9/24/11 4:59:42PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by telnights

Posted by Pookie

Really Pookie .

A cheater cheats habitually. Saying someone cheated isn't the same as saying someone is a cheater. To me. Damnit, Smiler was right!

ok
ncordless
9/24/11 5:20:24PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by telnights

Posted by Pookie

Really Pookie .

PRIDE. . .it's still real to me, damnit!!!!1
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
StriderXero
9/25/11 8:46:44AM
I wanted to see the video of sports center, But apparently they took it down.....

Wow i thought Rampage was just saying this to get into Jones' head.
Pages: 1 [2]