Rampage 27% (7)
Machida 73% (19)
Draw 0% (0)
hammerhead1
9/24/10 10:49:06PM
Who will win ? and how ?
jae_1833
9/24/10 11:15:00PM
Machida UD....step in, leg kick, step out....after a couple of those he will connect once or twice and dance/sprawl back to circle, rinse and repeat. Rampage will get frustrated, start swinging wide, and then gas out.
seanfu
9/25/10 11:04:44AM
Machida by easy knockout in R3
mrsmiley
9/25/10 1:17:44PM
gotta go with Machida here,though I can also see Rampage capitalizing on an inside exchange and laying him out too.
Pskinner_mma314
9/25/10 4:02:14PM
To be honest, I think this is gonna be a boring version of Griffin vs Rampage, I'll take Machida by leg kicks
ChokeUout
9/25/10 4:45:43PM
The question is will Rampage land a power shot on Machida's jaw. If he does, I like his chances. Given the fact that Rampage has at least knocked down each of his opponets in the UFC, I like his chances of connecting on Machida.

Machida is the favorite, and rightly so, but I'm smelling upset here.

Rampage by KO.
seanfu
9/25/10 5:34:16PM

Posted by ChokeUout

The question is will Rampage land a power shot on Machida's jaw. If he does, I like his chances. Given the fact that Rampage has at least knocked down each of his opponets in the UFC, I like his chances of connecting on Machida.

Rampage by KO.

People are underestimating Machida's jaw when Shoguns most powerful punch at a perfect angle still didn't knock Machida out until the follow up shots.
PricklyPear
9/25/10 6:01:11PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by ChokeUout

Rampage by KO.

People are underestimating Machida's jaw when Shoguns most powerful punch at a perfect angle still didn't knock Machida out until the follow up shots.

Most powerful punch? Perfect angle? You must've been watching a different fight. It was a glancing hook to the side of the dome.
seanfu
9/25/10 8:06:39PM

Posted by PricklyPear

Posted by seanfu

Posted by ChokeUout

Rampage by KO.

Most powerful punch? Perfect angle? You must've been watching a different fight. It was a glancing hook to the side of the dome.

I guess you're right' it was only a looping punch to the temple, which in boxing gloves will routinely knock out fighters.
PricklyPear
9/26/10 11:23:29AM
No it won't. Stop making stuff up kid.
seanfu
9/26/10 6:02:00PM

Posted by PricklyPear

No it won't. Stop making stuff up kid.

Notice the part of the GIF where I'm right and you're wrong. Also notice the fact that Machida is still conscious after getting clipped perfectly while swinging. Also notice how just as I said hes still conscious and rocked on the grounds before getting hit on the temple again.

Do I detect a troll? or someone who didn't watch the fight?
PricklyPear
9/27/10 9:45:50AM
You claimed a looping punch to the temple will "routinely" knock people unconcious (with boxing gloves on). That's pure clulessness. Almost all boxing knockouts come as a result of a blow to the jaw. Shogun hit Machida in the side of the head, theres no arguing that. But you called that "Shogun's most powerful punch" that was at a "perfect angle". I'm sure you've ranked all of Shogun's punches on your punching power machine, and you've probably spent years scientifically determining what the "perfect angle" is for a punch to be thrown, but I'm still gonna go out on a limb here and say what you said was dumb.
seanfu
9/27/10 12:00:50PM

Posted by PricklyPear

You claimed a looping punch to the temple will "routinely" knock people unconcious (with boxing gloves on). That's pure clulessness. Almost all boxing knockouts come as a result of a blow to the jaw. Shogun hit Machida in the side of the head, theres no arguing that. But you called that "Shogun's most powerful punch" that was at a "perfect angle". I'm sure you've ranked all of Shogun's punches on your punching power machine, and you've probably spent years scientifically determining what the "perfect angle" is for a punch to be thrown, but I'm still gonna go out on a limb here and say what you said was dumb.

Im also gonna go out n a limb from all the boxing I've seen and say you do not watch enough of it. Also, the GIF doesn't lie, it was a looping punch, it struck the temple. You are pure fail at this point, show me the statistics that say perfect temple shots do not end fights.

Temple shots are not commonplace, if you had any striking knowledge you would know that the only reason jaw shots are the highest knockout percentage are because temple shots are much more rarely hit and much less targeted.

Show me the error in this logic please.

emfleek
9/27/10 1:15:28PM
For what it's worth, it looks to me like it struck him above the ear, on the upper part of his head. It didn't look like it connected with the temple to me.
gartface
9/27/10 1:37:51PM

Posted by emfleek

For what it's worth, it looks to me like it struck him above the ear, on the upper part of his head. It didn't look like it connected with the temple to me.

Yeah, I concur. That's a bad place to take a punch.
PricklyPear
9/27/10 1:48:23PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by PricklyPear

Im also gonna go out n a limb from all the boxing I've seen and say you do not watch enough of it. Also, the GIF doesn't lie, it was a looping punch, it struck the temple. You are pure fail at this point, show me the statistics that say perfect temple shots do not end fights.

Temple shots are not commonplace, if you had any striking knowledge you would know that the only reason jaw shots are the highest knockout percentage are because temple shots are much more rarely hit and much less targeted.

Show me the error in this logic please.

Aside from the fact that others have now determined that it was not his temple that was hit, but rather the top side of his head, you are still ignoring my point. It was utterly ridiculous to suggest that as being Shogun's "most powerful punch" and then to claim it was at the "perfect angle". Don't just blurt stuff out like that. That's like me suggesting Anderson's triangle on Chael was his tighest ever, and had perfect form!
billfold9
10/1/10 11:40:10PM
Machida/Rampage winner vs Jones/Bader winner 4 title shot